Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Controller Profiles on Series X

Discus and support Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Controller Profiles on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently having an issue with the Xbox Accessories app not saving controller Profiles on my Series X. Through unfortunate circumstances, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrMcSquishy, Sep 21, 2022.

1. MrMcSquishy
    MrMcSquishy Guest

I'm currently having an issue with the Xbox Accessories app not saving controller Profiles on my Series X. Through unfortunate circumstances, I accidentally deleted my only profile for my main controller. But now when I enter the app, I click New Profile, name it, change the button combination/layout, and then have no other option but to hit "B" to back out to attempt to save it. But after I do that, the new Profile doesn't appear.

I attempted a workaround by logging on to my wife's Xbox One X and saving a Profile on there. Ironically my old Profile appeared (most likely because it didn't synchronize from my Series X) and I saved it to my controller. Then as I attempted to enter in to the Accessories app on my Series X, it was unable to sync the data. So that didn't work. Most likely it's a bug after the new update, but wanted to bring this up incase anyone was experiencing the same issue as of 9/21/22.

:)

MrMcSquishy, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi MrMcSquishy, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have checked the notes on the recent system update and the issue is not listed on the known issue list which means that we just need to perform troubleshooting steps.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Does Series X support USB headset?

4. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox accesories app not saving controller profiles on pc.

Hello Jorge B, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand that you're experiencing difficulties with the Xbox Accessories app on your PC, specifically with saving controller profiles for your Elite Series 2 controller. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Ensure that you have the latest version of the Xbox Accessories app installed on your PC. You can check for updates through the Microsoft Store or by visiting the official Xbox website.

2. Uninstall the Xbox Accessories app from your PC and then reinstall it. This can help resolve any potential software glitches or conflicts that may be causing the issue.

3. Try resetting your Elite Series 2 controller. To do this, locate the small pinhole on the back of the controller near the middle paddle. Insert a paperclip or pin into the hole and hold it for a few seconds until the controller restarts. Afterward, try mapping the paddles and saving the profiles again.

4. Right-click on the Xbox Accessories app icon and select "Run as administrator." This can ensure that the app has the necessary permissions to save profiles and settings.

Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, system updates can include fixes and improvements that address compatibility issues.

Best regards.
  5. PetryBosch Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller Button Modular

Hi,

more info according joysticks and buttons for the adaptive controller can be found here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

For programming the device you have to use the Xbox accessories app.

You can find it on your console or in the
    xbox store

in the app you can

• Assign up to 3 profiles to the controller

• Create and save up to 256 profiles in the app

• Remap all input ports

• Configure thumbstick sensitivity curves

• Change thumbstick calculation

• Configure Xbox button brightness

• Rename your controller

• Swap thumbstick X and Y axes

• Assign Shift button, and configure Shift inputs
  6. Tomm_A Win User

How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

Hello Aptom,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your query is related to inverting the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Profile & system" from the guide.

3. Select "Settings" from the Profile & system menu.

4. Select "Ease of Access" from the Settings menu.

5. Select "Controller" from the Ease of Access menu.

6. Select "Button mapping" from the Controller menu.

7. Select "Invert right stick X axis" from the Button mapping menu.

8. Toggle the switch to "On" to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick.

If the steps do not work, try the step below:

To invert the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X, you need to use the Xbox Accessories app. This app allows you to customize your controller settings, such as swapping sticks, triggers, buttons, and inverting axes.

Here are the steps to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick:

• Launch the Xbox Accessories app from your Xbox Series X dashboard or download it from the Microsoft Store if you don’t have it already.
    • Select the controller that you want to customize and press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Configure and then choose a slot to save your custom profile.
    • Select the right stick and press the A button on your controller.
    • Select Invert X-axis and press the A button again to confirm.
    • Press the B button to go back to the previous screen and then select Save to apply your changes.
    You can also rename your custom profile and assign it to a specific game if you want. Your custom profile will be applied to all games that you play with that controller, unless you switch to another profile or the default one.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Controller Profiles on Series X - Similar Threads - Accessories App Saving

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  4. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  5. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  6. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  7. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  8. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  9. I can't access my Xbox Accessories app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my Xbox Accessories app: My D-pad on my controller won't work with my PC, I tried to use the Xbox Accessories app to update it and to change the controls back to normal, but every time I load up the app it's only active...
  10. Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today: As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on f4c1b286-3e6d-4d23-babd-4a9ae7cb69a0