Xbox "A Button" launching game bar on Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox "A Button" launching game bar on Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have seen posts about the Xbox button in the center of the controller launching the game bar, but my A button is also launching games. This is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joshua Hafel, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Joshua Hafel
    Joshua Hafel Guest

Hi, I have seen posts about the Xbox button in the center of the controller launching the game bar, but my A button is also launching games. This is very annoying as Im trying to use the controller in some software applications and I will press A which will then in turn minimize my current window and then launch a game. I cannot find any settings in the Game Bar that change this. Thanks for any help.

:)

Joshua Hafel, Feb 7, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

You can disable the Xbox button from launching the Game Bar in Windows 11 by following these steps:

Open the Xbox app.

Click on the Settings icon.

Select "Devices & Accessories."

Scroll down to the "Bluetooth & other devices" section.

Click on "Bluetooth & other devices."

Select "Xbox Wireless Controller."

Scroll down to the "Device settings" section.

Turn off the toggle switch next to "Open Game bar using Xbox button on a controller."

This should stop the Xbox button (or A button) from launching the Game Bar on Windows 11.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

If the "Bluetooth and other devices" option is missing from the Settings menu, you may need to update the Xbox app to the latest version, as this feature may have been added in a recent update. To update the Xbox app, go to the Microsoft Store and search for "Xbox." If there's an update available, install it and try accessing the Settings menu again.

Regarding the unexpected screenshots, it's likely that the B button was accidentally remapped to the screenshot function. To resolve this issue, you can go to the Xbox app's settings and adjust the button mapping to restore the B button to its original function.
  4. Joshua Hafel Win User

The Xbox app on my PC does not have a settings Icon and when I click my profile and then click settings, Bluetooth and Other devices is not an option under those settings.

I will also add to the problem I'm having. I just realized the B button is mapped to take screenshots. I realize this when I made my way to the game bar and saw that I had taken 68 new screenshots in the last 30 minutes
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Impossible d'enregister avec Xbox Game Bar depuis mon pasage à Windows 11 pour une raison inconnue

Hello Exottiiik,

Thank you for clarifying and providing a screenshot of what you have done. I want to give some steps and some that you have tried before we try the newer suggestions I will provide. I like to start with essential and then move to more advanced. After you have performed these, restart your device.

Enable Xbox Game Bar via Settings

Step 1: Press Win + I to launch Windows Settings in Windows 11.

Step 2: Under the Gaming tab, click on Xbox Game Bar.

Step 3: Change the toggle of the option - Open Xbox Game Bar using this button to Off and the On.

To solve your issue, you can first repair Xbox Game Bar. If this won’t work, try to reset the component. Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Also launch Windows 11 settings.

Step 2: Click Apps > Apps & features.

Step 3: Type Xbox Game Bar in the text box of App list and press Enter. Then, click the three-dot icon and choose Advanced options.

Click the Repair button to fix Xbox Game Bar if it isn’t working right. If this doesn’t help to fix Windows 11 Xbox Game Bar not working/starting/opening, use the Reset feature, and the data of this app will be deleted. Please do both.

Advance Steps

Repair the ieframe.dll File

To fix the issue of Xbox Game not starting on Windows 11 or this app not working/starting, you can repair the ieframe.dll file that may get damaged. ieframe.dll is a Dynamic Link library dependency that is necessary and used by some Windows applications including Xbox Game Bar.

Step 1: Launch Command Prompt as an administrator in Windows 11.

In the search bar type CMD( Command prompt app)

Step 2: Type in the following commands and press Enter after each one.

prompt

sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll

sfc /verifyfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll

assoc

sfc /scannow

Step 3: After that, reboot the PC and check if Xbox Game Bar can work.

Use Local Group Policy Editor to Enable Xbox Game Bar

If you are not using Windows 11 Home but Pro or an advanced edition, there is another solution for you. If you cannot open Xbox Game Bar, perhaps this app is forced to keep disabled by the Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting policy.

Step 1: Press Win + R, type in gpedit.msc and click OK.

Step 2: Go to Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Windows Components> Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting.

Step 3: Double-click on Enables or disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting and choose Enabled. Then, save the change

Thank you,

[Associate is using a translator application. Please be aware that poor grammar and incorrect syntax may occur]
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11

Hello Philipp E, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the guide button and share button on your Xbox controller in Windows 11. Sometimes software updates can affect the functionality of controllers and related features.

Open the Game Bar on your PC by pressing the Windows + G key combination. Make sure the screenshot and recording options are enabled in the Game Bar settings. You can access the Game Bar settings by clicking the gear icon in the Game Bar toolbar.

Open the Xbox Settings app on your PC and check the controller-related settings. Make sure the "Use the Xbox button to open the guide" option is enabled. You can also review your recording and screenshot settings in the Xbox Settings app.

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your Xbox controller. You can download the latest drivers from the Xbox website or use the Windows driver update feature to check for updates.

Some privacy settings may affect the functionality of the Game Bar and related features. Go to Windows 11 settings, select "Privacy" and check the settings related to screenshot and game recording. Make sure they are enabled and allowed for the gaming app.

If none of the above suggestions work, you can try resetting your Game Bar settings. To do this, go to Windows 11 settings, select "Games" and then "Games Bar." Click the "Reset" link to reset the Game Bar settings to default values.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. Xbox "A Button" launching game bar on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Button launching game

2. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  3. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  4. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  5. MS Flight Sim for PC won't launch to download when green launch button is clicked.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS Flight Sim for PC won't launch to download when green launch button is clicked.: MS Flight Sim for PC won't launch to download when green launch button is clicked. 5755ac6d-fbd9-49f3-91d2-b2871f06d7ce
  6. Xbox Store, has "Install" Button instead of "Launch Game" maybe Store Delay detection, bug;...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Store, has "Install" Button instead of "Launch Game" maybe Store Delay detection, bug;...: (This is my question post; updated details here since I now upgrade to an Xbox Series X, traded in my old Xbox One X to my local GameStop) Both Problems applies to the Xbox Series X now, also...
  7. Cannot start Flight Simulator. Nothing happens after clicking "Launch" button in MS Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start Flight Simulator. Nothing happens after clicking "Launch" button in MS Store: Hello, since January i cannot run the sim. After clicking “Launch” button in MS Store nothing happens.Sometimes it starts but it’s very random and let’s say it’s 1 time within 30 tries. When it...
  8. I have lost my MS 2020 flight sim launch button to start my digital sim.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost my MS 2020 flight sim launch button to start my digital sim.: Once I found that my launch button for MS 2020 flt sim was missing, I went to the MS store to try and download the game again. When Flt sim comes up, it say's that "This product is already...
  9. Xbox one A button not always functioning properly?/apps won't launch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one A button not always functioning properly?/apps won't launch: So this just started happening out of the blue but my A button on my controller doesn't seem to work.....or actually, i don't think it's the button itself. the xbox seems to recognize that i hit A...
  10. Guide Button wont launch TURN OFF Controller/Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Guide Button wont launch TURN OFF Controller/Console: It started out of no where and its been like 3 weeks now with no fix. When i press and hold the guide button i got the vibration but the menu to TURN OFF the controller or console will not show...