Xbox 360S Hard Drive suddenly not formatted?

Discus and support Xbox 360S Hard Drive suddenly not formatted? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, update! For good grief, stop the self righteousness. I state clearly it's an original Halo: Reach console with it's included 250gb hard drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David RomanDaniels, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Xbox 360S Hard Drive suddenly not formatted?

Ok, update! For good grief, stop the self righteousness. I state clearly it's an original Halo: Reach console with it's included 250gb hard drive that came in the original box. If it's fake or after market, then Microsoft put it in there as I am the original
    purchaser. I had not even removed it until trying to fix this problem.

I will try to take the hard drive into my local Microsoft store. They are really nice and I hope they can help. I will update with what happens.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help, especially SunkNath. Seems this problem is effecting a good number of people.

PS Remember to cloud save everything to can!

David RomanDaniels, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Hey there

I spoke with someone from Xbox Support.

They have some more things for you to try your self. Could you please unplug your Xbox 360 and everything that is connected to it. After you have done this, you will need to inject the Hard Drive for the console. For help with this, please follow the instructions
    within the article bellow.

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

After you have done this, please plug everything back into your Xbox 360. Plug everything back in, including your network cables. Then start it up again. After you have done this, you should then see the Hard Drive back in the Storage area, and it should
    be formatted back to the Xbox 360.

All of this information has been handed down from phone support, and they say it should work with this. However if it doesn't work, please feel free to ring support your self or keep posted to the forums for more troubleshooting steps.

Please post back any results back from this step. I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  3. I also have had problems since the last update. I have the 4GB Xbox S model, so no actual hard drive but the internal memory said it was unformatted. Last night I unplugged the xbox from the power source and then plugged it back in and magically unformatted
    changed back to formatted. I then used a usb drive and copied all the files over to that so that my daughters games would be saved if the xbox died. Hope this helps zappykins.

NumbingSword126, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Xbox 360S Hard Drive suddenly not formatted?

Hey there

Could you try re formatting your Hard Drives three times in a row. The reason why I am asking this, is that some users have found that by doing this, they have managed to fix the issue that they have had with their systems.

Hope this helps, please post back any results

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 8, 2014
  5. UPDATE!

I am back from the Microsoft Store, worked for a good hour with a nice guy. We tried everything he and the technicians could think of: putting it in other systems, connecting data cables to computer, other hard drives, consoles, and a few things behind
    the scenes I didn't even see. He is a gamer too so he really understood why I didn't want to lose my old game saves. But unfortunately, no luck.

I returned home and reformatted it. It is now working just fine. Unfortunately, I did lose a number of saves that were not on the cloud back - as several gave me errors (I think because they were older games?), and so far one digital game, Alan Wake is
    saying I need to buy it again.

It does work, but unfortunately, I have lost a bunch of stuff in the process. Sorry guys, I wish I had better new. Good luck and let me know if anything can be copied and it works out better for you.

Wish I had a happier ending to give you.

David RomanDaniels, Jan 8, 2014
  6. Hey there

Thanks for the update

So I guess you will have to re format it again. However you might want to transfer your saves onto another Hard Drive or PC if can. Then format the Hard Drive, then transfer it all back over.

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 9, 2014
  7. OGTUNY4
    OGTUNY4 Guest
    Hi there I've recently had this problem happen to my Gears of War 3 Xbox 360S, it was only after i tried to launch the destiny beta after it had closed (which I didn't know til I checked online soon after), my Xbox went to load the beta and low and behold
    it couldn't then the game disappeared from my games library. My console proceeded to freeze it stayed like this for about 10 minutes so i pressed the off button, gave it some time then turned it back on, it said there was a new update, so i confirmed that
    i wanted to download the update and almost immediately it said there wasn't enough space so I decided to see why there wasn't. I pressed cancel and went to Settings>System>Storage and it said my 320 gb hard drive was unformatted (after many minutes of loading).
    After repeated turning the Xbox off and on again with the same results, I checked these forums and I tried disconnecting all the cables first to no avail, then I tried eject the Hard Drive then putting it back in. And that hasn't worked so I'd like some help
    because I'd be really guttered if I have to format it and lose all my progress on all my games. Thanks.

OGTUNY4, Jul 27, 2014
  8. JadedBoat
    JadedBoat Guest

MY 250 GIG S SERIES HARD DRIVE WAS RECENTLY FORMATTED AND NOW IT WONT EVEN SAY THERE IS A HARD DRIVE INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE AT ALL! IT WAS BAD ENMOUGH LOSING ALL MY DATA AND GAMES WITH THE FORMAT BUT NOW I CANT EVEN START FROM SCRATCH PLEASE HELP!`

JadedBoat, Jul 28, 2014
  9. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there TArrrZAN and JadedBoat!

This thread is fairly old. To better cater to each of your needs, please create a new thread indicating the issue you may be experiencing with as much detail as possible, as well as, any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried.

Thanks!

Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there TArrrZAN and JadedBoat!

This thread is fairly old. To better cater to each of your needs, please create a new thread indicating the issue you may be experiencing with as much detail as possible, as well as, any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried.

Thanks!
  11. NumbingSword126 Win User

I also have had problems since the last update. I have the 4GB Xbox S model, so no actual hard drive but the internal memory said it was unformatted. Last night I unplugged the xbox from the power source and then plugged it back in and magically unformatted
    changed back to formatted. I then used a usb drive and copied all the files over to that so that my daughters games would be saved if the xbox died. Hope this helps zappykins.
  12. TROJANchamp1 Win User

Trust me. Its a 100% Microsoft branded HDD.
  13. johannasceasara Win User

I dont know about ZappyKins, but I have an official microsoft transfer cable, and my original hdd that came with the conse (i think its around 20 gbs?) Anyway, it doesnt work. It still says my hdd is unformatted. I never had a problem before this update,
    and my hdd is not aftermarket. This is unacceptable i want to know how microsoft intends to get my 5+ years of game saves back. That for me is the only solution that is acceptable.
  14. johannasceasara Win User

I just had the EXACT same problem happen when i got home an hour ago. Somehow the xbox corrupted the 250 gb hard drive ive had for over a year now. ALL my game saves and activity are on that drive. Thats 5+ years of my life and hard work that got me to
    90000+ gamerscore. Im not going to lose it because of faulty hardware. Someone needs to tell us what needs to be done so we get all our game files back.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360S Hard Drive suddenly not formatted? - Similar Threads - 360S Hard Drive

2. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  3. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  4. How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory: My xbox 360 memory had 2 out of the 4 gb used. After turning it on unused for a week it would be stuck on the xbox 360 startup. I waited for an hour and it said that there was a memory problem and...
  5. To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs

in XBoX on Consoles
    To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs: Recently purchased an Xbox 360 from Amazon and had purchased a couple games and couldn't store game progress or even download games that required downloads. Is there not a hard drive with...
  6. XBox 360S 250GB Hard Drive not found

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360S 250GB Hard Drive not found: I have a 360 s that for a year now the original 250GB hard drive won't show up in Memory. I 2 days ago purchased a Microsoft 350 GB hard drive and installed it thinking it would solve my issue....
  7. Will Xbox 360S separate hard drive fit Xbox 360E slot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox 360S separate hard drive fit Xbox 360E slot?: So i am buying an Xbox 360 E 4GB version and my friend has broken Xbox 360S 4GB but his 250GB hard drive is working and he is ready to give it to me. Will it support my Xbox 360E 4GB? Like can i...
  8. Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD: I'd like to hard reset an Xbox 360 S with no hard drive and 4 GB of internal memory. I am finding plenty of information about formatting the hard drive to remove all of the data but not about...
  9. How can I restore external hard drive space formatted by Xbox 360S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I restore external hard drive space formatted by Xbox 360S: Some time ago I used an unsupported 500GB External USB drive that I reformatted to FAT32. I attached it to the Xbox 360 to allow it to reformat some of the space. I have since then purchased a...
  10. installing new 360s hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    installing new 360s hard drive: is there any special things I need to know or do other than the physical swap out ? 581c6632-97ea-4f6e-bdd4-fb42fdd05e5b