Xbox 360 wont Read Certain game but Xbox One does

Discus and support Xbox 360 wont Read Certain game but Xbox One does in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on my Xbox 360, but it says unrecognized disc when I go to the menu of the game. However, when I tried it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AirBioX11, Jul 24, 2022.

1. AirBioX11
    AirBioX11 Guest

I want to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on my Xbox 360, but it says unrecognized disc when I go to the menu of the game. However, when I tried it on my Xbox one, it read just fine no issues.

But, my Xbox 360 reads every other game just fine, just not Modern Warfare 2. It always read that game before just not now.

I really need an answer to this, asap

:)

AirBioX11, Jul 24, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, AirBioX11. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Does the game have one or two discs? If two, can you test with the other disc to see if it works?

May I know if you have tried to reinstall the game?

Waiting for your follow-up.
  3. CROW LDN Win User

One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

If it just that certain disc that it wont read i would recommend replacing it i have had a similar issue in the past and that worked for me

If you Xbox does not read any games there may be a issue with the laser inside it and you will need to get it repaired
  4. BENp_936 Win User

loud moaning/groaning

does this happen with all games or just certain games and is the console laying down or is it standing up?

the reason I ask this is when I had my 360 ( I have xbox one now) when I put certain game disc's in it started to make a loud groaning/moaning sound but when I stopped playing that game and put in another disc it stopped. so if it's the one disc then maybe
    that is causing the xbox 360 to read it wrong and cause the noise.
  5. ngocphi Win User

redeem xbox live gold 14 day free trial

If you are trying on an xbox360 you must be signed in

If you are using an xbox one but trying to play am xbox 360 game eith the trial it wont work unless ita one of the few games that allows it

Usually triple a titles

It does not make you gold unless on an xbox one and dont give you full benefits only temporary access to certain games usually rhe ones you got it with
  6. Anteater13 Win User

smartglass?

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 wont Read Certain game but Xbox One does - Similar Threads - 360 wont Read

2. OG Xbox wont read certain games but work on 360

in XboX Insiders
    OG Xbox wont read certain games but work on 360: My OG wont read a couple of my games that are in perfect condition. They read fine on the 360 any ideas why it may not be reading on OG hardware? My other games in arguably worst condition load up...
  3. 360 disc drive wont read games

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive wont read games: The 36 console start to have issue that effect gaming experience. I looked into the 360 and I wasn’t the only one. I learned that the 360 had the infamous red ring and was very faults machine. A...
  4. Backward compatible 360 disc wont read in my one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backward compatible 360 disc wont read in my one.: None of my backwards compatible 360 disc dont wan to read most of the time, they have little to no scratches on them and my Xbone games read right away so I know its not the disc drive....
  5. My Xbox 360 wont read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 wont read discs: My Xbox 360 won't read discs. I'm trying to install the elder scrolls 5 but when i put the disc in It says disconnected from Xbox live and logs me in again And takes me home....
  6. Xbox one wont read 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wont read 360 games: Most of my games are digital so haven't run into this problem yet. With the recent release of Lost Odyssey on BC I had to dig out the original disk. I stick it in the machine and nothing happens,...
  7. Console wont read xbox 360 or DVD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console wont read xbox 360 or DVD: My x1 wont read any compatible xbox 360 games, believe me ive tried 3 backwards compatible and all come up with the error cant read sign. I also tried DVD's and those dont work as well. How can i...
  8. Xbox 360 wont read discs after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wont read discs after update: I bought a used Xbox 360 (2008 Falcon) for my son's birthday (on Thursday 5th) and I think I've bricked it. Set it up today to test and it started prompting to update before it would play...
  9. Xbox 360 Elite (120GB) Wont read disks! (Open Tray Error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite (120GB) Wont read disks! (Open Tray Error): This is how it goes down... So, for the past couple of months now, my xbox is *** up. It started slowly in 2011 where it would take me min 2 minutes to read a disc. I just thought, maybe it's...
  10. My Tony Hawk's Underground 2 wont read on my 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Tony Hawk's Underground 2 wont read on my 360.: Hi. I just received my Tony Hawk's Underground 2 for the original Xbox from Amazon because it is a childhood game of mine and I was seeking nostalgia. I did some research and found out that it is...