Xbox 360 won’t load or connect controllers

Discus and support Xbox 360 won’t load or connect controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our Xbox is old (‘2012) Star Wars edition. Currently it will not load the dashboard/menu page or connect to either controller! The screen just has the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andy Arkin, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Andy Arkin
    Andy Arkin Guest

Our Xbox is old (‘2012) Star Wars edition. Currently it will not load the dashboard/menu page or connect to either controller! The screen just has the Xbox logo. As for the controllers, I have tried multiple times to sync them. I have switched out battery packs, put in the standard battery pack to no avail. The Xbox has worked perfectly up until a few weeks ago when it started freezing in the middle of a game. At that point, you could turn the Xbox off and let it rest for about 10 seconds and it would reboot just fine but then freeze again in the middle of a game. Now it doesn’t seem to do anything. I appreciate any input.

:)

Andy Arkin, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Andy. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Have you tried to power reset your Xbox 360? It not, please try it:

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.
    2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.
    3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.
    ​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

If the power reset does not work, I would recommend you to remove your profile and add it again to your console:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/my...

If the issue still persists, the only other option would be to format your Xbox 360. It will erase all your games and saved files that are not uploaded to the cloud. But if this issue is being caused by a corrupted file, this is the only other option to try:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co...

If nothing works, I would say your Xbox 360 is faulty and will need to be serviced. I'm sorry about that.

Feel free to ask back any question you might have and let me know how it goes.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

can i use the usb cable to play? can the controller be damaged?

Hey Vincent,

Yes, you can use the controller while connected to the console using usb cable. This won’t affect performance and won’t damage the controller. Using the controller wired of course means you don’t need to use batteries.

You can also update the controller while connected through USB cable.

Standard xbox one controllers require a micro USB cable. The elite series 2 and xbox adaptive controllers require USB type C cable.

Instructions on connecting an xbox one controller to console:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller

Any questions, I’m happy to help 😊
  4. Mustafaali5 Win User

Controller has the steady white light but won’t connect to the Xbox wired or wireless

I have done this it seems that since the moment I took the controller into the kitchen it won’t allow it to connect to the Xbox
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

correct usb cable for xbox 360 mw3 console

They arre standard USB type A ports on the console. The 360 controllers use a custom interface just for charging and have no wired mode

Xbox One controllers, which use Micro USB or USB C won’t work on Xbox 360
  6. Boom B00M Boom Win User

cannot connect my console i have tried every thing i do not know what next to do.

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 won’t load or connect controllers - Similar Threads - 360 won’t load

2. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  3. Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360: I recently got Spiderman 2 (2004 game) for Xbox original for my son who is a huge Spiderman fan as he wants to play all the old games. Last night it was playing just fine on our 360 and today it...
  4. My Xbox 360 won’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 won’t update: My Xbox 360 is not updating and won’t connect to Xbox live. I tried testing the connection and formatting the drive but nothing is working. The error code is 4497-0000-3080-0503-8007-0070.it is...
  5. How do I get Minecraft back on my Xbox 360 it won’t let me get the full game back even tho...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get Minecraft back on my Xbox 360 it won’t let me get the full game back even tho...: How do I get Minecraft back on my Xbox 360 it won’t let me get the full game back even tho I bought the full game *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  6. Series x won’t download 360 profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series x won’t download 360 profile: I’ve tried to download my 360 profile on my series x and tried a bunch of things said on forums and gave up. Exchanged it for another one ( I’ve had both for 1 day), and I have the same problem…....
  7. My Xbox App won’t connect to Xbox 360 console.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox App won’t connect to Xbox 360 console.: I just turned on my 360 and now my app on iPhone won’t connect to my console. My Xbox and iPhone are on the same wifi network. Can anyone help please? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded-Tone-52...
  8. Xbox 360 Won’t load past buffer screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Won’t load past buffer screen: Hi, I’ve been trying to load up my Xbox 360 after not having used it for a few years and have went through a few system updates on it that went good and had no issues. Now it is stuck in buffer...
  9. Xbox 360 won’t load games “feature temporarily unavailable”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won’t load games “feature temporarily unavailable”: Hi- havent turned the xbox on in a year or so. Turned on, did all the updates, signed in with app-specific password to my account. But i cant load anynof my games on the hdd. Status code error...
  10. Twitch channels won’t load up on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch channels won’t load up on Xbox 360: I cant watch twitch streams on xbox 360 for about 2 months now. I can access the app and navigate through channels and options, but the stream goes dark once i select a channel to watch. I’ve...