Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option

Discus and support Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to buy a few Xbox One compatible XB360 and Original XB games. When I add a payment option to my account on the 360 in order to make the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlexanderSMitchell, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option

I am trying to buy a few Xbox One compatible XB360 and Original XB games. When I add a payment option to my account on the 360 in order to make the purchase it has my region/country set to the US, this makes no sense as when I log onto my Microsoft account
    on PC it is set to Canada as it should be. I have never had my region set to the US, I have never had to change my region/country so there is no reason I can see for this to happen. The 360 I am using has its Locale set to Canada, my Xbox One has its location
    set to Canada, as stated earlier my account has it's location set to canada I have no idea why this is happening and have no clue what to do to fix it.

:)

AlexanderSMitchell, Apr 26, 2020
  2. WPAK Win User

Hello

Hi there,

even if the currency is the same as other countries, payment options etc. are still linked to a specific country region.

So you won't be able to change your region to another country and pay for games or subscriptions with a payment option for your country.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

how to change the country and the currency on the xbox one ?

4. Erez Harari Win User

Cannot set country for payments

Thank you.

I saw the same response whenever someone complained about this issue, which is not what we're trying to do.

As I said in my original post- I'm not trying to change country or region. My country or region haven't changed and has been Canada from the very beginning.

For some bizarre reason, when trying to make a purchase and adding a payment option, the system asks for an address, once again, and won't let me put my address in Canada, which is where the account has always been located.

This seems to be a bug that has not been fixed since the first person I saw reported it in 2019...

Thank you.
  5. ngocphi Win User

I am getting a region error when trying to upgrade my subscription

Well no as if you aren't in an xbox live supported country or gamepass ultimate region changing regions won't help since your payment option. MUST match the region

.what region are you in

If you are lucky ita an expansion region for gamepass for pc
  6. CZECHMAN90 Win User
Thema:

Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option

1. Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option - Similar Threads - 360 won't let

2. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  3. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  4. I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...: Every time I go onto a 360 game in the past week it won't let me on xbox live and so I looked online and it says to clear local xbox 360 saved storage and stuff and it said it would work. Now I...
  5. just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...: bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its doing it with all my 360 games e9df6b40-85c6-47d0-80d4-805a8bb1e817
  6. my 360 won't let me make a profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    my 360 won't let me make a profile: hi I have a Xbox 360 I've been wanting to use but when I try to make a new profile on it would send me to the make a profile name and I've been trying to get it to work but it doesn't what should...
  7. Xbox 360 data gone and I can't recover it back because it won't let me sign in. How do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 data gone and I can't recover it back because it won't let me sign in. How do I...: Short summary, I downloaded codbo2 on my brothers console and wanted to play it. For some odd reason, I didn't see my profile, so I I tried to sign in but it wouldn't let me. I looked around and...
  8. Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account: Hello. So i was watching youtube on my XBOX 360 slim and I got a "signed out of XBOX live" so I tried to sign in and it didn't work so I just turned off the console for a little bit and then I...
  9. My Xbox 360 won't let me sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox 360 won't let me sign in: my Xbox 360 will not allow me to sign into anything. I have made 2 different accounts and neither of them will sign in. when I try, I get a pop up saying "sorry, there's a problem with the...
  10. The Orange box on 360 STILL won't let us buy it in the store, why is that and why havent...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Orange box on 360 STILL won't let us buy it in the store, why is that and why havent...: Some of us have gone all digital and would like it in our library. Why can't we buy it? Take my money. a89aefc3-606d-4fe5-a851-34feb1da4169