Xbox 360 won't connect to the network

Discus and support Xbox 360 won't connect to the network in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with an xbox 360 that won't connect to my network. It tells me that it can't get an ip address. I have another xbox that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Psynical35, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Psynical35
    Psynical35 Guest

I'm having a problem with an xbox 360 that won't connect to my network. It tells me that it can't get an ip address. I have another xbox that connects just fine so I don't think it's my router. It shows I have a wired connection but can it still be the
    ethernet port? This is the first time the faulty xbox has been connected to the internet also. Would that xbox need any updates to connect?

:)

Psynical35, Jan 1, 2014
  2. wireless help

I bought a black 360 today and it won't connect to the wireless network I've been using on my previous 360. It says my xbox can't connect to the wireless network.

GrandDaddyMike, Jan 1, 2014
  3. BrooksG2121
    BrooksG2121 Guest
    Can't connect, IP Address Error

My xbox 360 won't connect to my wired network. I've tried all the suggestions that xbox has given me but none have worked. Help please.

BrooksG2121, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Tallikz
    Tallikz Guest

Hello psynical35 do you know if the ip settings are set to manual or automatic because if they are currently on manual this could be whats causing the problem if you go to your network settings then configure and switch them to automatic if this is the case.

To get to network settings from your dashboard scroll to the furthest blade on the right then click sytem from there you will see the network option.

If your xbox requires an update it will ask you automatically once your connection issue is resolved

Tallikz, Jan 1, 2014
  5. why do i keep getting signed out of xbox live

Topcut-339576DD-F7C7-4F00-84B7-CFFEC4395038, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Psynical35
    Psynical35 Guest
    The ip settings are set to automatic.

Psynical35, Oct 31, 2018
  7. InsanKilla clan Win User

Xbox live 360

If your Xbox 360 console is having network connection issues of any kind, answer a few questions on the Xbox
    360 Connection and Network Solution
    and we’ll point you to the best troubleshooting steps for the specific type of connection issue you’re experiencing.
    Learn more
  8. Slantsfan Win User

How to get pc to recognize 360 for xbox live.

Ah, yes. I am familiar with internet connection sharing and network bridging. But my pc won't actually recognize my 360 as a network. I open my network connections and there is no port or connection for the game system. I have the internet source recognized,
    but not the other half of the issue.
  9. RainingRoses Win User

Xbox 360 connection test failed "There is a problem with your connection"

Hi,

To troubleshoot this issue, refer to:

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection | Xbox Support

Also read through the recommendations in this guide:

Troubleshoot an Xbox 360 wireless network connection

or for a wired network:

Troubleshoot an Xbox 360 wired network connection

What point do you reach when the connection fails? Please perform another network test for both and select ‘Test Xbox Live Connection’ (not Network Statistics or any other test), then when it fails, go through any suggestions. These would indicate the possible reason(s) for this error with various ways to resolve it.

If you don’t see any suggestions, post back and we can go through all the possibilities for this network error here.

Hope this helps.
  10. XBF Aicha T Win User

Backwards compatible issues

11. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Xbox 360 update downloads

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 won't connect to the network - Similar Threads - 360 won't connect

2. 360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live: Reset re downloaded game will continue to not connect to Xbox live on Xbox series x have 1gb internet and no issues with connection or Xbox f83858bd-4e88-4096-b549-7ae68716e635
  3. Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?: I have two series x consoles in my house (two kids plus two consoles equals fewer arguments). Today my youngest wanted to play a 360 game on his profile but when trying to download his profile I...
  4. just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...: bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its doing it with all my 360 games e9df6b40-85c6-47d0-80d4-805a8bb1e817
  5. When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live: I downloaded a couple of games from Game Pass to play (in this instance Fallout 3 & New Vegas) When I go through the process of booting them up, it gets to the section asking to download my...
  6. Xbox 360 s won't connect to internet, all normal methods not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s won't connect to internet, all normal methods not working.: Ok I'm gonna start this with saying that almost all methods I have tried have not worked, I have not replaced the network adapter at this point yet but I'm going to describe what is happening to...
  7. My xbox 360 won't connect to to Internet through hot spot on my mbile

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 won't connect to to Internet through hot spot on my mbile: It connects to the WiFi hotspot but not the Internet through the WiFi hotspot e8ebad97-2fc8-46b4-aefd-f904199e22da
  8. my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my...: my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my console. it says my account and password didnt work with an error code: 8015D002....
  9. Xbox 360 won't connect to new Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to new Wifi: I had internet outages in my area and got a new Modem and Router I can see the new network, I'm sure I entered in the right password, but it just won't connect. I've tried with my Internet...
  10. My Xbox 360 won't connect to the wireless internet or mobile hotspot??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 won't connect to the wireless internet or mobile hotspot??: I recently got an xbox 360 with an wifi adapter and it's having problems connecting to the internet. When I try to connect to the internet it says - Network: failed Internet: blocked Latency:...