Xbox 360 won't connect to the network

Discus and support Xbox 360 won't connect to the network in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with an xbox 360 that won't connect to my network. It tells me that it can't get an ip address. I have another xbox that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Psynical35, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Psynical35
    Psynical35 Guest

I'm having a problem with an xbox 360 that won't connect to my network. It tells me that it can't get an ip address. I have another xbox that connects just fine so I don't think it's my router. It shows I have a wired connection but can it still be the
    ethernet port? This is the first time the faulty xbox has been connected to the internet also. Would that xbox need any updates to connect?

:)

Psynical35, Jan 1, 2014
  2. wireless help

I bought a black 360 today and it won't connect to the wireless network I've been using on my previous 360. It says my xbox can't connect to the wireless network.

GrandDaddyMike, Jan 1, 2014
  3. BrooksG2121
    BrooksG2121 Guest
    Can't connect, IP Address Error

My xbox 360 won't connect to my wired network. I've tried all the suggestions that xbox has given me but none have worked. Help please.

BrooksG2121, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Tallikz
    Tallikz Guest

Hello psynical35 do you know if the ip settings are set to manual or automatic because if they are currently on manual this could be whats causing the problem if you go to your network settings then configure and switch them to automatic if this is the case.

To get to network settings from your dashboard scroll to the furthest blade on the right then click sytem from there you will see the network option.

If your xbox requires an update it will ask you automatically once your connection issue is resolved

Tallikz, Jan 1, 2014
  5. why do i keep getting signed out of xbox live

Topcut-339576DD-F7C7-4F00-84B7-CFFEC4395038, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Psynical35
    Psynical35 Guest
    The ip settings are set to automatic.

Psynical35, Oct 31, 2018
  7. InsanKilla clan Win User

Xbox live 360

If your Xbox 360 console is having network connection issues of any kind, answer a few questions on the Xbox
    360 Connection and Network Solution
    and we’ll point you to the best troubleshooting steps for the specific type of connection issue you’re experiencing.
    Learn more
  8. XBF Aicha T Win User

Backwards compatible issues

9. Slantsfan Win User

How to get pc to recognize 360 for xbox live.

Ah, yes. I am familiar with internet connection sharing and network bridging. But my pc won't actually recognize my 360 as a network. I open my network connections and there is no port or connection for the game system. I have the internet source recognized,
    but not the other half of the issue.
  10. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Xbox 360 update downloads

11. GMAN990 Win User

Can't connect to ceartain network (DNS?)

Hi,

No DNS is not the issue here its just that you can't connect to the wireless network at all, until you can connect to the network it won't get an ip address or a DNS address, even if you manually enter an address it won't help because it isn't connected
    to the wireless network.

The router issues the Xbox an ip address and DNS settings, but it won't until has connected to the network first which it can't at the moment.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 won't connect to the network - Similar Threads - 360 won't connect

2. Xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live: I'm trying to use my old xbox 360 to install the orange box. (i cant use xbox.com cuz it asks me for a credit card even though i have 26 dollars in my account) It will not and refuses to connect....
  3. Xbox 360 E won't connect to Spectrum internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E won't connect to Spectrum internet: I just bought a Xbox 360 E from Goodwill a few days ago and I can't connect to my internet. I have Spectrum, as my provider and everytime I test the Xbox Live connection, it fails and tells me my...
  4. xbox 360 backwards compatibility game won't recognize that I am connected to live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 backwards compatibility game won't recognize that I am connected to live: when i load up an xbox 360 game on my xbox s it doenst recognize that i am connected to live and wont download the profile. yes i have done all the recommendations from other posts and still...
  5. Xbox 360 S won't connect to wireless wi-fi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S won't connect to wireless wi-fi: Does anyone know how to fix this or could this just be bad weather in my state? [img] 36513712-5787-4a9d-b838-8adf39c90ce0
  6. Xbox 360 s won't connect to Wi-Fi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s won't connect to Wi-Fi: My Xbox 360 s won't connect to my Wi-Fi I it says your network status Network failed internet blocked latency blocked packet loss blocked upload speed blocked download speed blocked but signal...
  7. I have an Xbox 360 that won't connect to my router

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I have an Xbox 360 that won't connect to my router: I have an Xbox 360 that won't connect to my router Yeah, I've already tried all these steps. None of this has worked for me. f2240900-0644-44a2-a984-aeb79b43d7f2
  8. 360 console won't connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 console won't connect to live: I have been having this issue for about a week now with my 360 console. There's an Internet connection and all my other devices work with it, the console says its got an Internet connection but...
  9. Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live: My Xbox 360 is connected to the internet but asks me to sign in with my email and password when I try to connect to Xbox Live. When I enter the details (I know they're correct as I can sign in on...
  10. My xbox 360 won't connect to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 won't connect to the internet.: Ok so my xbox 360 with built in wireless connectivity won't connect to the internet. I found this on another thread from ages ago but my basic settings won't allow me to select wireless mode. It...