Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

Discus and support Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The Xbox 360 receiver when plugged on my win 11 machine keeps installing the wrong drivers even i manually selected the driver from Xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Richard Corral, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

The Xbox 360 receiver when plugged on my win 11 machine keeps installing the wrong drivers even i manually selected the driver from

Xbox 360 controller for windows (which is wrong driver)

to Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for windows

it keeps reverting back to the wrong driver unable to pair my controller to my PC

it seems its being Enforcedly installed ill try this on an older win 10 machine pls Reply soon

***moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Devices and drivers***

:)

Richard Corral, Jan 16, 2023
  2. Echo4Ent Win User

Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers to a PC

Zsigma,

Are you trying to find the drivers for the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver? If so, then the drivers are built in to Windows 10, and should install automatically when you plug the adapter into a USB port. If you are using an earlier version of windows, then
    the add new hardware wizard should start, and find the drivers.

PCs require the adapter in order to use a 360 controller, as the controller uses a custom wireless format.

There are instructions to set up the receiver and controller here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Good Luck!
  3. Cheshie Win User

Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Driver Isn't Recognized

Hi,

Thanks for the link but I'm specifically struggling to figure out why the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver driver won't install on my Windows 10.
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Connect xbox 360 controller to PC

Hey there Gantz2006.

Depending on your OS, you should be able to install it through the included drivers. Please take a look at the

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Troubleshooter
    and let us know if that helps you correct your driver issue.
  5. shadow walkerOZ Win User

Gaming Receiver doesen't work (HEELP)

Windows has most of the drivers for Xbox controllers and wireless receivers already, but sometimes you need to give it a bit of help.

Try this method: Open your device manager and double click on the receiver with the yellow mark on it. Then select the Driver tab and click on "Update driver". Next, select "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device
    drivers on my computer". Then scroll all the way to the bottom and look for "Xbox 360 Peripherals". Select that and then choose "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows".

Install that and you should be good to go.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

360 play and charge kit on PC/Windows RT

There is no controller driver to download for Windows 8 because the driver is already installed as part of the Operating System. This applies to both the Desktop version of Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 8/8.1RT for Windows Surface Tablets.

If you have a wired Xbox 360 controller, just plug it in, it will work straight away. For wireless controllers you still need a wireless gaming receiver. And yes, the receiver does work with Windows 8RT.
Thema:

Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

1. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver - Similar Threads - 360 wireless receiver

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  4. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  5. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  6. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10: [img] Hello everyone, after updating my PC from windows 10 to 11 two days ago, my Xbox 360 wireless receiver stopped working. In the device manager it states "The divice can't be started (Code...
  8. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  9. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers for Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers for Windows 11: [img] Hello, I plugged on my Windows 11 PC an old XBox 360 controller. I was looking for Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers in Windows 11 (in Control Panel older interface, they were present,...
  10. My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller: Hello I have tried updating the driver, unplugging and replugging it, changing the port and also updating my pc drivers which didn't work. I would appreciate any help you could give me, so the...