Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a wireless controller (Windows 10)

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a wireless controller (Windows 10) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a wireless controller and not an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sudha Achuthan, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a wireless controller (Windows 10)

Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a wireless controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.

:)

Sudha Achuthan, Oct 9, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

how can I update driver for xbox 360 controller for windows 10

Hi,

There is no driver to download for the 360 controller on Windows 10, because the driver is already installed as part of the OS.

There are two likely reasons why your controller isn't being detected. It's either because your controller isn't a true wired controller or you've plugged it into a USB 1 port.

If your controller is wireless please note that you can not turn it into a wired controller with a Play & Charge. It will always be wireless and therefore will not be detected. To use a wireless controller on Windows you will need a gaming wireless receiver.
    Otherwise, you will need a 360 wired controller.
  3. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller please the step for w8.1

Hello Grondis,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The Xbox 360 wireless controller requires a gaming receiver in order to connect to a computer. The article entitled

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows 10
    contains steps on how to set up the controller on a Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 computer. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Can the X Box One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth also be used with the X Box One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Hi Beau,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

The Xbox One Wireless controller with Bluetooth can be connected to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, so yes, it can be connected via the adapter. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not
    compatible with an Xbox 360 controller and will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I'll provide the support articles with this information:

I hope this helps!
  5. maxen Win User

Connecting my Xbox 360 controller to Windows 8 laptop.

For wireless Xbox 360 controllers, you cannot use the charging cable to connect to a PC (it only transfers power, not data). To use the controller with a PC, you will either need an "Xbox 360 controller for Windows" (non-detachable cable) or use your existing
    wireless controller with the wireless gaming receiver for Windows.

This is the wireless adapter you could use:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Let us know if you have any questions.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello Sudha Achuthan,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a wireless controller (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - 360 Wireless receiver

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  4. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  5. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  6. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10: [img] Hello everyone, after updating my PC from windows 10 to 11 two days ago, my Xbox 360 wireless receiver stopped working. In the device manager it states "The divice can't be started (Code...
  8. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  9. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers for Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers for Windows 11: [img] Hello, I plugged on my Windows 11 PC an old XBox 360 controller. I was looking for Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers in Windows 11 (in Control Panel older interface, they were present,...
  10. My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller: Hello I have tried updating the driver, unplugging and replugging it, changing the port and also updating my pc drivers which didn't work. I would appreciate any help you could give me, so the...