Xbox 360 Wireless controller won't turn on just flashing

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wireless controller won't turn on just flashing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have very weird problem with my 360 wireless controllers. I've tried to replace batteries but none of my controllers want to turn on. And now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Higgcz, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Higgcz
    Higgcz Guest

Hi,

I have very weird problem with my 360 wireless controllers. I've tried to replace batteries but none of my controllers want to turn on. And now comes the weird part, both of them is flashing all 4 lights but only when I'm holding the home button. Also the
    light is not bright as usual. For a reference see a following video:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2310077/Xbox 360 controller flashing.m4v

It's been a while since the last time I used them, so there can be some other issues like a corrosion or something, but both controllers looks fine, and also what is the probability that both of them will have same issue and same symptoms.

Anyway I don't get it Xbox 360 Wireless controller won't turn on just flashing :( I don't know what to do with them, maybe they're dead.

Thanks for any help!

Vojta

:)

Higgcz, Dec 27, 2015
  2. SatinPuppy1
    SatinPuppy1 Guest
    Xbox One Controller won't turn on

Just recently, my 2nd Xbox One controller won't turn on. Firstly, it turned on then shut itself off again. I tried to turn it on again but the 'X' Button just keeps flashing. I waited for about 5 minutes but it still flashed. I had to turn off my
    Xbox One to get the controller to stop flashing. I tried the process over and over again but it still happened.

Any help??

SatinPuppy1, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Controllers stopped wroking (don't sync) after electricity blackout

So I was playing xbox 360 using rechargeable battery with wire attached to it. My electricity went off for 1 sec. just enough that lights flashed and xbox gave red lights, which is normal in situation like that. So I turn my xbox
    off and restarted it, but now when I turn it on, 4 green lights just keep flashing in controller. I tried my other controller, what I didn't used att, but it did the same thing. Xbox does turn on with controller but after that keep flashing those 4 lights.
    I tried sync them again, didn't work either.

Sammoi-06065C12-55CD-44B2-9BC2-CAA8A37DA693, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Try a different brand of batteries. Sometimes controllers hate certain batteries for whatever reason.

Irixion, Dec 27, 2015
  5. Higgcz
    Higgcz Guest
    Wow, that actually helped! I would never thought of that. I've tried batteries from Xbox One controller and it works. So thank you a lot!

Higgcz, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??

Did your controller ever work before, or are you just trying to get it to work now?

The drivers for the Xbox 360 are not available for download independently anymore, and there is no reason for them to be, as Xbox 360 controllers have been natively supported by Windows since Windows Vista. The drivers can't be downloaded because they are already part of the Windows Operating System.

Is your controller wired or wireless?

Unlike Xbox One or Series X|S controllers, Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. If you've attempted to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 controller to your laptop with the Play and Charge cable, it won't work. This is because the Play and Charge does not send data. It will just flash. Xbox 360 wireless controllers need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only Xbox One or newer Series X|S controllers can be both wired and wireless.
  7. Bluntman1138 Win User

X-box 360 wont connect to my contoller ???

Start this off with the console turned OFF, and the controller turned OFF

Press and hold the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your wireless controller until the green light flashes.

Turn on your Xbox 360 console. Press and hold the connect button next to the memory card ports on the front of your console.

Press and hold the connect button on the top of your wireless controller. Use the controller with your console once the green flashing lights on both units cease spinning.
  8. Darth Patriot Win User

Cannot Sync Xbox 360 Controllers

They are all different brands of wireless controllers. Microsoft to Amazon. NONE will connect. Yes the steps are followed perfectly and variants of the steps.

Press the ON X button. Flashes in a circle. Press the Xbox Connect. It too flashes. Press the small controller sync. Flashes slow down. After less than 1 minute the Xbox stops flashing. Then the controller stops flashing.

Only the one controller that came with it used connects. No other will. Even when I unpair, turn off, and reset the xbox. It will see NO controllers except the when I turn on the one it likes. One and that is it.

These other controllers have NO issues with my PC or Xbox 1. Just the 360.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers can't be turned into wired ones with a Play & Charge. This is because even when wired, 360 wireless controllers remain wireless. The cable only provides power, no data is sent.

This is also why they don't appear in game controllers but the generic controller does.

To use a wireless 360 controller on Windows requires a gaming receiver. And the receiver must be for 360 controllers, the official receiver for Xbox One/Series controllers won't work.
  10. ZeoTH56 Win User

controller help

hey thanks for the help I tried turning it on manual and the controller sync but after that it won't sync anymore and the lights keep on flashing on the controller. when I try to go sync it with the 360 but the 360 doesn't pick it up and the lights still
    flash on the controller. what does this also mean?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Wireless controller won't turn on just flashing - Similar Threads - 360 Wireless controller

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  5. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  6. Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?: Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android? Can it be used on an AndroidTV for use in Steam TV sharing? 7b397491-e30d-4567-8357-93ec8f879e2c
  7. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  8. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  9. Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?: I have a second generation I believe wireless Xbox 360 controller, it's not the new Xbox console or the Xbox one remote it's the previous one that used to get the red ring. Just wondering if that...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.: I have an xbox 360(still) and its like new. i Have two wireless controllers which work with normal batteries in. I have two rechargeable battery units which wont charge up, the red light on the...