XBox 360 wireless controller constantly blinks like searching to sync, BUT IS connected...

Discus and support XBox 360 wireless controller constantly blinks like searching to sync, BUT IS connected... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Extra data: - Windows 11 Pro. - Controller works fine for years on this very machine. - ...although I need to point the receiver to the proper... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NULUSIOS, Feb 20, 2022.

1. NULUSIOS
    NULUSIOS Guest

XBox 360 wireless controller constantly blinks like searching to sync, BUT IS connected...

Extra data:

- Windows 11 Pro.

- Controller works fine for years on this very machine.

- ...although I need to point the receiver to the proper driver after every Windows update (XBox 360 wireless controller 10.X), else it turns to "unknown" (but it always have been like that and we fix it in 2 minutes). But right now the driver is loaded ok.

- Batteries are full.

- I already tried to re-sync controller and receiver (pressing their sync buttons).

- The leds blink around once a second altogether. (instead of static light on the top left)

- Using it works fine and also controller settings, show all axis and buttons ok.

Any ideas?

It's mostly "cosmetic" right now (but also distracting), but I am worried if this is an early sign of hardware failure.

:)

NULUSIOS, Feb 20, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

XBox 360 wireless controller constantly blinks like searching to sync, BUT IS connected already.

Hi Nulusios! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

What you mention it's a characteristic of the batteries running out, it's not trying to connect, please try a different set of batteries, preferably new ones not rechargeable
  3. Monkey Man 27140 Win User

Xbox controller not 'usable' on my PC.

Good thought, but this doesn't address the controller not appearing under 'Bluetooth & devices'.

One more detail, when I connect the controller wirelessly to the pc via the Xbox Wireless Adapter. Press the sync button, light blinks rapidly. On PC click 'add xbox controller via wireless adapter. The controller light immediately goes solid, but the PC never indicates it found a device, it just keeps searching indefinitely.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Problème sur la console [Translation-Problem on the console]

Hi Killian,

If the controller is not connecting either wireless or with a USB cable, then it could be possible the controller is not functioning properly since it should automatically connect with a cable. The only way to figure out if the console or controller is the
    issue is to further test other controllers on that same console, or try to connect that same controller to another Xbox.

Usually the hard reset and power cycle resolves this issue but if it didn't for you, then it could be a hardware problem. If the controller does not connect to the Xbox One console using USB then try connecting to a Windows PC and see if it is detected and
    can connect. This way you can also check if the controller needs an update.

When you press the sync button on the console, the Xbox light will blink on the console indicating it is searching for a controller. Then press the sync button on the controller and the Xbox light on the controller will start blinking and then become solid
    once it's paired to the Xbox.
  5. Bastion116 Win User

Odd Problem

I had a problem with this too, i learned it helps to connect your wireless controller after you connect the wireless reciever by pressing and holding the sync buttons on both the xbox and wireless controller at the same time. Just first plug in and connect
    to your wireless reciever. then turn on your wireless controllers, then quickly press both sync buttons on your xbox and controller simultaneously until it connects. other then this i have searched and not found another solution, but i hope this helps :D
  6. Killian-Creusot Win User

Problème sur la console [Translation-Problem on the console]

Hi Killian,

If the controller is not connecting either wireless or with a USB cable, then it could be possible the controller is not functioning properly since it should automatically connect with a cable. The only way to figure out if the console or controller is the
    issue is to further test other controllers on that same console, or try to connect that same controller to another Xbox.

Usually the hard reset and power cycle resolves this issue but if it didn't for you, then it could be a hardware problem. If the controller does not connect to the Xbox One console using USB then try connecting to a Windows PC and see if it is detected and
    can connect. This way you can also check if the controller needs an update.

When you press the sync button on the console, the Xbox light will blink on the console indicating it is searching for a controller. Then press the sync button on the controller and the Xbox light on the controller will start blinking and then become solid
    once it's paired to the Xbox.
    Hi Diego

Thanks for taking time to respond to me.

I tried all your solutions and everything works perfectly with the controller and other Xbox. But I think the problem comes from my console, she does not want to sync when I press the button and the light does not blink.

Do I have to buy a wired controller?
Thema:

1. XBox 360 wireless controller constantly blinks like searching to sync, BUT IS connected... - Similar Threads - 360 wireless controller

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  5. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  6. Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?: Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android? Can it be used on an AndroidTV for use in Steam TV sharing? 7b397491-e30d-4567-8357-93ec8f879e2c
  7. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  8. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  9. Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?: I have a second generation I believe wireless Xbox 360 controller, it's not the new Xbox console or the Xbox one remote it's the previous one that used to get the red ring. Just wondering if that...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.: I have an xbox 360(still) and its like new. i Have two wireless controllers which work with normal batteries in. I have two rechargeable battery units which wont charge up, the red light on the...