Xbox 360 wired controller not working or letting other usb devices work

Discus and support Xbox 360 wired controller not working or letting other usb devices work in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I got this 360 wired controller that when I plug it to the 360 it doesnt work(white), I then tried to connect another One (black) while (white) was... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Consistent-Day-1539, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Xbox 360 wired controller not working or letting other usb devices work

So I got this 360 wired controller that when I plug it to the 360 it doesnt work(white), I then tried to connect another One (black) while (white) was connected. And then none of them were working (not even flashing lights) I then took out the white One and as soon as I did it the black One flashed lights and connected and it was working like it should. I thought maybe on PC It would work or smth but it didnt, and when it was connected it didnt let the keyboard work either. I thought it would be the adapter to USB but I swapped it with a working One and it didnt do nothing Could someone help me please?

submitted by /u/Consistent-Day-1539
    [link] [comments]

/u/Consistent-Day-1539, Mar 11, 2023
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

Controller not working

The USB play and charge kit for xbox 360 does NOT make it a wired controller
    - only transfers power, not data. You will see it as a device but there's no driver or any software that will make this work.

The only way to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a PC is with the xbox 360 USB wireless adapter for windows. You can also buy a purely wired xbox 360 controller from xbox or a 3rd party manufacturer: they all will work.

I would suggest an xbox one controller as those wireless controllers DO turn into a wired controller when a micro USB cable is used. Bluetooth is also available on newer ones.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Please try not using the USB hub and use a direct USB to USB to your PC for the xbox one controller.

Otherwise, the warranty for the xbox one controller does not cover accidental damage. You will have to buy a new one if there's a problem here.

As for the xbox 360 controller, the play and charge kit does not make it a USB controller, that device only transfers power, not data - even though it shows up on device manager. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows for that to work,
    or a purely wired xbox 360 controller.

As for the USB hub having issues, please uninstall it from the device manager and reboot and see if it gets the drivers reinstalled.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC

Hi,

To use an Xbox 360 controller on its own on a PC, it must a wired controller. It does not matter if the USB port is 3.0, USB 2.0 devices will work on USB 3.0 ports.
    The Xbox 360 Play and Charge can not send controller data back to the PC. It will only charge the battery, or power the controller if no battery is present. A play and charge for 360 controllers is a charger, nothing
    more.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. To use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on a PC, you'll need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only the Wireless Xbox One controllers can be made wired with the correct Micro USB sync and charge type cable.
  5. GT Dex Win User

Controller not working

The USB play and charge kit for xbox 360 does NOT make it a wired controller
    - only transfers power, not data. You will see it as a device but there's no driver or any software that will make this work.

The only way to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a PC is with the xbox 360 USB wireless adapter for windows. You can also buy a purely wired xbox 360 controller from xbox or a 3rd party manufacturer: they all will work.

I would suggest an xbox one controller as those wireless controllers DO turn into a wired controller when a micro USB cable is used. Bluetooth is also available on newer ones.
    Id recommend this one..

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2

-Dex
  6. Вильгельм Win User

Геймпад [Controller]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're trying to get a Xbox 360 controller to work on your pc. How is this controller connecting to your PC? Is it a wired controller or wireless controller? If it's a wireless 360
    controller there is a wireless dongle that would be needed to have the controller work on PC. Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
    This is wired USB controller. I think that wire is broken.

Sorry for bad English.
Thema:

Xbox 360 wired controller not working or letting other usb devices work

1. Xbox 360 wired controller not working or letting other usb devices work - Similar Threads - 360 wired controller

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  3. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  4. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  5. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  6. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights: It's not working on both pc and xbox 360 all 4 green lights flash and not working IT'S A WIRED CONTROLLER e1a37e28-9e44-4552-8be8-0a10b7cecf34
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?: My Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC has got a rusting at the wire end and its no longer turning on. I repaired at local electronic shop but still it turns off when I invert the controller. This...
  9. Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.: Okay I am having some issues here. Here is what I have tried Controller works but only 2 parts don't: L and R trigger and the D pad 1 controller: Rock candy 2 controller: Used Xbox 360...
  10. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller: I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I take the wire out and plug it into a different...