Xbox 360 wired controller not functioning properly on my windows 11

Discus and support Xbox 360 wired controller not functioning properly on my windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to play fifa with this controller. The controller gets stuck while im playing, it either makes a sharp sound and turns off on its own... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mowahhid Bin Safdar, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Xbox 360 wired controller not functioning properly on my windows 11

I've been trying to play fifa with this controller. The controller gets stuck while im playing, it either makes a sharp sound and turns off on its own and i have to turn it back on or it keeps on vibrating and get stuck. When the latter happens I cant reboot the controller as its stuck and I have to replug it in order for it to work again. I played this exact game with this controller when i had windows 10 and had no issues but ever since ive upgraded im facing this issue. I've played other games on windows 11 as well with this controller and the same problem occurs.

I've updated the driver and used this controller on other PCs with windows 11 and the problem still persists.

The information of my system is attached below:

Device name HP-Pavilion

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800U with Radeon Graphics 1.90 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.3 GB usable)

Device ID 2C37DB63-40FB-478A-9A47-EFEDFC59EA01

Product ID 00330-53744-11140-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 22H2

Installed on ‎10/‎2/‎2022

OS build 22621.1105

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

:)

Mowahhid Bin Safdar, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Mowahhid, this could be something in the system in relation to the control, try to follow the procedures below and if it continues with the same symptoms you will have to wait for Microsoft to release a correction.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

I've updated the driver and used this controller on other PCs with windows 11 and the problem still persists.

The information of my system is attached below:
    Hi

If your controller isn't working on other PC running Windows 11 it tells me something is wrong with your controller.

There aren't any compatibility issues with older Xbox 360 controllers and Windows 11. I've just tried my old Xbox 360 wired controller in my brand new Windows 11 based PC and it works fine. The fact that it isn't working now is likely coincidental.
  4. roger812 Win User

AOE 2 forWindows

.... function properly on Windows 11?
  5. Zenosos Win User

How do you connect my Xbox 360 controller to the Xbox one streaming app on windows

6. RickG01 Win User

Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller

I have the same issue. It says there is a driver error under bluetooth and devices.

I have tried a lot of things:

I have tried connecting it to different ports.

Uninstalled the drivers

Reinstalled the drivers

Updated the drivers (it says i have the latest)

Rebooted the system.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 wired controller not functioning properly on my windows 11 - Similar Threads - 360 wired controller

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  3. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  4. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  5. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  6. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights: It's not working on both pc and xbox 360 all 4 green lights flash and not working IT'S A WIRED CONTROLLER e1a37e28-9e44-4552-8be8-0a10b7cecf34
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?: My Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC has got a rusting at the wire end and its no longer turning on. I repaired at local electronic shop but still it turns off when I invert the controller. This...
  9. Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.: Okay I am having some issues here. Here is what I have tried Controller works but only 2 parts don't: L and R trigger and the D pad 1 controller: Rock candy 2 controller: Used Xbox 360...
  10. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller: I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I take the wire out and plug it into a different...