xbox 360 wired controller doesnt detect on PC

Discus and support xbox 360 wired controller doesnt detect on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I bought an official xbox 360 wired controller to use on my PC. However my PC do not detect the controller. When I plug the controller into one of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LeviAlae, Oct 1, 2014.

1. LeviAlae
    LeviAlae Guest

Hi, I bought an official xbox 360 wired controller to use on my PC. However my PC do not detect the controller. When I plug the controller into one of the 2.0 USB ports, the button in the middle lights up shortly and then nothing happens.

If I search for it in joy.cpl or evices it doesnt show.

I have tried installing the driver for windows 7 64-bit, although my PC in using windows 8.1 64-bit. So I tried running the driver in compability mode in windows 8, but nothing works.

So how do I get my PC to detect the controller? I have tried all 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports, and even tried with a laptop, yet nothing connects.

:)

LeviAlae, Oct 1, 2014
  2. LarsAlgera
    LarsAlgera Guest
    Xbox App doesn't detect my xbox 360 controller

i have a Xbox 360 controller. My pc detect the Xbox 360 controller but the app doesn't detect it what do i need to do?

any suggestions.

LarsAlgera, Oct 1, 2014
  3. SlayerX7
    SlayerX7 Guest
    Xbox 360 System Music/Video Player

Xbox 360 Slim does not detect PC or stream media files (Music, Video, Pictures) from PC through wireless connection, but it detects the PC when the Xbox 360 Slim is connected through a wired connection. The X360 was able to detect the PC through a wireless
    connection before, but now it isn't working anymore. The PC runs Window 7.

SlayerX7, Oct 1, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Hey there LeviAlae!

If you haven't already, try the following steps (provided by smittychat): answers.microsoft.com/.../c8d4fcce-8986-48a8-a165-47e421e6bcb0

Also found this, if can be of any help: "Apparently it will not work if u look for them automatically. Go to the option where u browse through drivers in your computer then go to have disk and look for the .inf file in the cd or from
    the folder you download from microsoft xbox 360 controller drivers. Again it boils down to finding the .inf file.
    "

I hope this solution will work out for you.

Good luck!

taidara, Oct 2, 2014
  5. LeviAlae
    LeviAlae Guest
    I can see that I have the same problem as codester in the thread you linked. It seems there still is no compability with the xbox 360 controller and windows 8.1?

And I saw the inf file thing, but I didnt download a folder, only the .exe file. Where do you find this .inf?

LeviAlae, Oct 2, 2014
  6. LeviAlae
    LeviAlae Guest
    Here is a video of what happens when I plug in the controller:

LeviAlae, Oct 2, 2014
  7. LeviAlae
    LeviAlae Guest
    hi couild someone help me?

LeviAlae, Oct 31, 2018
  8. LeviAlae Win User

hi couild someone help me?
  9. LeviAlae Win User

Here is a video of what happens when I plug in the controller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkwsn11WT0
  10. LeviAlae Win User

I can see that I have the same problem as codester in the thread you linked. It seems there still is no compability with the xbox 360 controller and windows 8.1?

And I saw the inf file thing, but I didnt download a folder, only the .exe file. Where do you find this .inf?
  11. taidara Win User

Hey there LeviAlae!

If you haven't already, try the following steps (provided by smittychat): answers.microsoft.com/.../c8d4fcce-8986-48a8-a165-47e421e6bcb0

Also found this, if can be of any help: "Apparently it will not work if u look for them automatically. Go to the option where u browse through drivers in your computer then go to have disk and look for the .inf file in the cd or from
    the folder you download from microsoft xbox 360 controller drivers. Again it boils down to finding the .inf file.
    "

I hope this solution will work out for you.

Good luck!
  12. Arminator Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller with windows 10

In addition to the instructions from XBF Chris J, make sure that you really have a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not a wireless Xbox 360 controller that you connect with a Play & Charge kit cable.

A real Xbox 360 controller that works with PC has a fixed, non-removable cable. If you can unplug the cable from the front of the controller, that cable ONLY transmits power to charge the controller.

No controller data can be transmitted via that charging cable, and therefore the PC can not detect it. But when the controller detects power coming through that cable, it vibrates shortly. Maybe it's that why the controller "only" vibrates, but is not detected
    by the PC.
Thema:

1. xbox 360 wired controller doesnt detect on PC - Similar Threads - 360 wired controller

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  3. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  4. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  5. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  6. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights: It's not working on both pc and xbox 360 all 4 green lights flash and not working IT'S A WIRED CONTROLLER e1a37e28-9e44-4552-8be8-0a10b7cecf34
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?: My Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC has got a rusting at the wire end and its no longer turning on. I repaired at local electronic shop but still it turns off when I invert the controller. This...
  9. Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.: Okay I am having some issues here. Here is what I have tried Controller works but only 2 parts don't: L and R trigger and the D pad 1 controller: Rock candy 2 controller: Used Xbox 360...
  10. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller: I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I take the wire out and plug it into a different...