Xbox 360 used to connect to network but now won’t connect

Discus and support Xbox 360 used to connect to network but now won’t connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I haven’t used Xbox 360 for a while and now it says network not working but router port light flashes while testing Xbox live connection. I am on same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jum c, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Jum c
    Jum c Guest

I haven’t used Xbox 360 for a while and now it says network not working but router port light flashes while testing Xbox live connection. I am on same modem/router and internet, tried network reset on Xbox and cleared cache on Xbox but still not working, any help appreciated.

:)

Jum c, Aug 16, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again Juan, it's really weird, because without the Gateway it can't access.

Try connecting your console to another network if you can, with network cable.

And I leave below the procedure so you can do an offline update on the console.

*Note The USB flash drive should use the FAT32 file system.*

To format your USB stick in FAT32 format:

1. Click "My Computer" shortcut on your computer's desktop.

2. With the right mouse button select flash drive and choose the option "Format" .

3. Change the selection in "File System" to FAT32.

4. Click the "Start" button to start the formatting process.

Then to update offline:

1. Connect the USB flash drive to a USB port on your computer.

2. Download the update file. (http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb)

3. Click Save to save the file .zip console update to your computer.

4. Unzip the file.

5. Copy the contents of the .zip to the root directory of the USB flash drive (e.g. E:\). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:\Files).

6. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.

7. Connect the flash drive to a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.

8. Restart the console.

9. When the console restarts, the setup program will automatically start. When prompted, select Yes to update the new console software.
  3. Georges C. Win User

This is really strange, because by its description it seems that the consoe is not picking up network settings as IP address so you can surf the internet.
  4. Jum c Win User

Thank you for reply. I have a 50mbs unlimited connection and I’m connected with network cable, I run a test Xbox live connection and it shows ( Network failed, Internet blocked and Xbox live blocked ). Nothing has changed with my setup except I changed Microsoft password through computer and I’m sure it said password changed across all devices but that shouldn’t cause network failed. It has only been a few months from the last time I used it and Xbox live was working then.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jum, it's been a long time since you've used your console because it may need some updating.

How much internet connection is trying to connect over wi-fi or network cable?

When you take the connection test on Xbox 360, what part does the test for?

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

I'll be waiting for your reply.
  6. Jum c Win User

To make it even more strange under network configuration it detects IP address and Subnet mask but not gateway.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 used to connect to network but now won’t connect - Similar Threads - 360 used connect

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?: Hi there I’ve been trying to play bo2 worked for a bit and then suddenly got signed out and whenever i tried signing in it says connection lost or there has been an error connecting. I’ve tried...
  4. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  5. Can I use a Xbox 360 controller or something like it and connect it to my Xbox series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use a Xbox 360 controller or something like it and connect it to my Xbox series x: Can I connect an Xbox 360 controller or something like it to my Xbox series X or possibly use a cord to connect a Xbox 360 controller to the Xbox series X and if that doesn’t work are there...
  6. When I try to use xbox 360 games on my xbox one it says my profile can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to use xbox 360 games on my xbox one it says my profile can't connect to xbox live: I tried to load an xbox 360 game on my xbox one using the game pass but when I go onto the game it disconnects me from xbox live and asks me to sign in. When I click my account it says that my...
  7. How can I connect my Xbox kinect v1 (Xbox 360 kinect) to my PC and also use it with windows...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I connect my Xbox kinect v1 (Xbox 360 kinect) to my PC and also use it with windows...: Hi! How can I connect my Xbox kinect v1 (Xbox 360 kinect) to my PC and also use it with windows hello? The things I done so far: - Plugged in the Kinect and this dongle:...
  8. Can I use any AV adapter to connect my Xbox 360 to my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use any AV adapter to connect my Xbox 360 to my TV?: Or do I have to get one that's specifically made for xbox 360? [img] 19a31237-a0b2-434c-8afa-b25c7c00e5b6
  9. Can I connect and xbox 360 to an iMac computer/Monitor for use? If so, how???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect and xbox 360 to an iMac computer/Monitor for use? If so, how???: I have what I think is the correct adaptor to hook up the xBox to the iMac. I don't see any simple way to get the two to talk to each other. Can I even use an xBox with an iMac? Need idiots...
  10. to use wireless internet connection connect an xbox 360 wireless networking adapter to your ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    to use wireless internet connection connect an xbox 360 wireless networking adapter to your ...: What To DO ? Is When I Came To Login In The Internet : " to use wireless internet connection connect an xbox 360 wireless networking adapter to your console " 11279977-a8a8-461e-bc4f-d94c9b0511e0