Xbox 360 Upload speed faster than download speed

Discus and support Xbox 360 Upload speed faster than download speed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried all sorts of things, but every time I test the network settings my uploads speeds are around 5 Mbps, but downloads are only 2.64 Mbps! The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wikkedkid1784, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Xbox 360 Upload speed faster than download speed

I've tried all sorts of things, but every time I test the network settings my uploads speeds are around 5 Mbps, but downloads are only 2.64 Mbps! The WIFI speed also is only 5 Mbps, and signal strength is 100%

I have fast internet (100 Mbps), so this is annoying. I have opened the appropriate ports, turned on DMZ, and tried all sorts of other things. What else can I test?

Mark

:)

Wikkedkid1784, Jan 14, 2018
  2. Is upload speed important for online gaming?

[quote user="crabbiT Scot"]I did a speed test on my new internet, 10mb download, 13mb upload and 26 ms ping. Just wondered if the upload speed is important for online gaming? Cheers S

[/quote]

It's unusual to have a faster upload speed than a download speed, DSL is usually asymmetric (faster down than up). Are you still in your training period??

GavInxs-FA485769-1CBB-44BB-9425-59FAD3D4A441, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    My God.. XBL is Slow.

Hey there Reaper!

The hangup here is that your download speed at home is faster than the download speed of your Xbox 360 console. Stay tuned for more information on the Xbox One console and the download speeds that will be offered! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 14, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

You could try switching the WiFi channel number on your router because if this channel is also used by other routers in your vicinity it will slow down your connection.

gds1972, Jan 16, 2018
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

You could try switching the WiFi channel number on your router because if this channel is also used by other routers in your vicinity it will slow down your connection.
  6. GavInxs-FA485769-1CB Win User

Is upload speed important for online gaming?

[quote user="crabbiT Scot"]I did a speed test on my new internet, 10mb download, 13mb upload and 26 ms ping. Just wondered if the upload speed is important for online gaming? Cheers S

[/quote]

It's unusual to have a faster upload speed than a download speed, DSL is usually asymmetric (faster down than up). Are you still in your training period??
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

My God.. XBL is Slow.

Hey there Reaper!

The hangup here is that your download speed at home is faster than the download speed of your Xbox 360 console. Stay tuned for more information on the Xbox One console and the download speeds that will be offered! ^_^
  8. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Status code issue

If your download speed is that far out of sync with your upload speed (typically download is faster than upload on consumer Internet connections) you may have some other issues. Are you on a wired or wireless connection?
  9. Wrecker-F2CF2CCC-A07 Win User

How slow is this thing

Download speeds on XB1 have been pretty quick for me with both discs and DLC, much faster than on my 360.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Upload speed faster than download speed - Similar Threads - 360 Upload speed

2. Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload'

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload': Hello, I'm currently on Beta Ring (xb_flt_2405zn.240411-2000) I've recently started playing fallout 3 on Xbox Series X but I wanted to continue my save on my series s but my save was not...
  3. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...
  4. Using an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to upload saves to Xbox One or PC through Cloud

in XBoX on Windows
    Using an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to upload saves to Xbox One or PC through Cloud: Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to use a SATA cable or Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable that allows you to connect via USB and upload your saves onto the Xbox One or PC through...
  5. If you have a 360 disc game and upload it to the cloud, can you not play it on the series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you have a 360 disc game and upload it to the cloud, can you not play it on the series s?: So I have a Xbox 360 and have MW3 disc version on it and have tried uploading it to the Cloud and it said that it did. So I went to the series s and it’s not there. If you have the disc version of...
  6. Is there a possible way to upload a Minecraft Xbox 360 world through Xbox Live and retrieve...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a possible way to upload a Minecraft Xbox 360 world through Xbox Live and retrieve...: I was wondering if there's a way to send a world save that is for the Xbox 360 onto an Xbox One without having an Xbox 360? da9e598a-382b-43b7-8c02-d69a45f76770
  7. xbox 360 cloud for the xbox one stuck at pending upload (broken)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 cloud for the xbox one stuck at pending upload (broken): I never notice this until today. Well a while back I was playing castlevania for the x360 using another xbox one, then came home played the same game again and everything I just did was gone. I...
  8. Xbox 360 down/upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 down/upload speeds: I have an Xbox 360 that I use occasionally to play games or watch movies, but I cannot use it for YouTube or anything that relies on a decent internet connection because of my problem. My internet...
  9. Xbox One X \ Backwards Compatibility \ Xbox 360 Save Upload Pending

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X \ Backwards Compatibility \ Xbox 360 Save Upload Pending: All of my 360 save games on Xbox One X are in status Upload Pending. This situation is still for about 2 years now. All system updates, change of houses (networks) did not shift it. So as of...
  10. Pending Upload 360 game saves on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pending Upload 360 game saves on Xbox One: Ok, so recently I got the urge to play some 360 games so I did. The only issue is when I try to save the game everything shows up as normal but if I close and open the game I gotta start fresh...