XBOX 360 - Unable to update and complete xbox live connection

Discus and support XBOX 360 - Unable to update and complete xbox live connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to set up/connect my old XBOX 360 with Kinect (2014 model) and not able to use it. When I connect it is asking me to update and it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RevKT2020, Nov 27, 2020.

1. RevKT2020
    RevKT2020 Guest

Hi,

I am trying to set up/connect my old XBOX 360 with Kinect (2014 model) and not able to use it. When I connect it is asking me to update and it's not completing download and update.

I tried executing update via wifi and USB Flash drive but it's not executing update to completion.

Can anyone share if they have a similar experience with older XBOX models and can offer any solutions?

Appreciate your time and help on this matter.

:)

RevKT2020, Nov 27, 2020
  2. MilesBenzing Win User

update failed for xbox live

The internet connection is working. Is an xbox 360 with 4gb too small to complete the update needed for live connection?
  3. X SoulKiller X Win User

Xbox 360 Preview Update Failed

I'm also getting these issues. I've tried: clearing cache, re-downloading the system update multiple ways, and unplugging my modem/router and AC adapter. Seems to be in correlation with the Xbox 360 Preview Program. It occurred last night while I was watching
    Netflix, got disconnected randomly while prompt to install the newer system update version. After the installation was complete I was unable to connect to Xbox live "Update Failed, A system update is required to sign in to Xbox Live, but the update is currently
    unavailable".
  4. MisterFizzle Win User

Unable to Apply Update because my XBOX won't connect

Hey there Faithfam,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue connecting to download that update.

There are a few things you can try to both get the update and troubleshoot your connection.

Here's a support article on
    How to get a new Xbox 360 update
    . I would suggest skipping down to the USB and CD solutions if you're having issues connecting to LIVE.

You can also troubleshoot your connection issue by following the prompts here: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/connecting/unable-to-connect-solution

Just to clarify on the connection, is this a recent issue? Have you been able to connect fine in the past and it's just not connecting now?

Let us know how that goes and we'll work from there. Happy gaming!
  5. Mister Quimby Win User

Status Code 416B-0000-D080-0200-8007-2EE2

Hey greatguy5137!

Sorry to hear about the status code error. This Status code usually means that you are unable to download an update from Xbox Live. If you are unable to connect to Xbox Live, I recommend trying a few steps.

Please give the following steps a try:

• Clear Your System Cache 3 times.
    • Press the Guide button on your controller, then select Settings, select System Settings and select Network settings.
    • Select the name of your Wireless Network
    • Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
    • If you are still unable to connect to Xbox Live, turn off your Xbox 360 console and your network hardware ( modem and router).
    • Wait 5 minutes and then turn on your modem and router.
    • Power on your Xbox console.
    • Repeat the Test Xbox Live Connection steps.

If you are still unable to connect to Xbox Live let us know and we will be here to help.

6. zViizionHD Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

Yes, I'm unable to connect to Xbox Live on the 360 through backwards compatibility.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 - Unable to update and complete xbox live connection - Similar Threads - 360 Unable update

2. Unable to connect to xbox 360 online via games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to xbox 360 online via games: Hello, I can sign in on my profile but unable to connect to the xbox 360 live service after loading up multiple 360 games. I am connected to the Internet via the series x. I have uninstall and...
  3. Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility: A few days ago, I was achievement hunting on some old Xbox 360 games and was connected to xbox live and was able to play online a day after finishing all the achievements on a game I went to boot...
  4. Unable to download account to Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to download account to Xbox 360: [img] Hi! I keep getting the error code 8007274D. I tried all the solutions here:...
  5. Unable to connect to Xbox Live on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to Xbox Live on Xbox 360: My Xbox 360 currently can't connect to Xbox Live for some reason. I was able to message a gamer in the Xbox Community about the problem and they instructed me to fallback on system updates using...
  6. Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage: I recently used a couple of gift cards to buy some DLC for Borderlands. As far as I know, although the original Borderlands is backward compatible with Xbox One, the DLC is not which is why there...
  7. Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible Games Unable to Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible Games Unable to Connect to Xbox Live: I’ve tried many things, such as deleting my profile of the 360 emulator but now I’m unable to download it back because it can’t connect to Xbox live, so I’m lost for playing 360 games as of now...
  8. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  9. I am unable to sign into account on xbox 360 games, playing from xbox series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to sign into account on xbox 360 games, playing from xbox series x: I am trying to play Black Ops 1, and I am unable to sign into my xbox account when it changes menu to xbox360. I cannot download my profile because when I put in my information that I know is...
  10. Unable to load Xbox 360 backwards compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to load Xbox 360 backwards compatible games: I have had this issue for a while, and have tried all the network tips people have provided. When trying to load any Xbox 360 game on my series x, I get stuck for around 10 minutes with a page...