XBOX 360 Super Slim no sound on HDMI

Discus and support XBOX 360 Super Slim no sound on HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All I do require your help as I turned my Xbox 360 super slim today 13/10/18 after couple of months and there was and update to be downloaded.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by peter2117, Oct 13, 2018.

1. peter2117
    peter2117 Guest

Hi All

I do require your help as I turned my Xbox 360 super slim today 13/10/18 after couple of months and there was and update to be downloaded. After that has finished and the console restarted there is no sound coming through HDMI, the picture is fine. Now the
    console was working fine before the update.

Just to be sure i plugged in the AV/Scart cable and that has sound and picture but the scaling is way off on LCD TV.

I am not sure if I am the only one who has this issue after most recent update, but does anyone know what else i might try?

I have already tried other TV (same issue), other HDMI ports on both TV and different HDMI cables and all have exactly the same results. I also tried picture via HDMI and sound via AV - component but that doesnt work....

If this is an update issue is Microsoft gona release a fix for this asap?!

Appreciate any help in advance

:)

peter2117, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Itz Shifter
    Itz Shifter Guest
    Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable works fine in my laptop just unplugged it from Xbox then plugged it back in and no display came up after that from the Xbox any help please.

no display using hdmi on xbox 360 slim

Itz Shifter, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Xbox "Lite" to be Released in Winter 2012?

So now there's the original Xbox 360, then the Slim, now the Super slim? Haha.

A console without a disc drive? Sounds like a fail to me XBOX 360 Super Slim no sound on HDMI :p

MoshedBrotatoe, Oct 13, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello

I recommend you try this step:

Roll back and then reinstall system updates. To do this:
    1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to settings and select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
    5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.
    and see if that fixes the problem

You can see the whole support article I found this in here:
    Troubleshoot problems with an update to your Xbox 360 console

Hope this helps

Let us know with a reply how it goes

XBF George L, Oct 13, 2018
  5. peter2117
    peter2117 Guest
    Thanks for the replay. but it did not fix my issue.

I managed to fix it tho and the problem was with auto detect display as that was set to ''enable'' as soon as i disabled it the sound came back.

Thanks for your help never the less and hope that it might help others in the future

peter2117, Nov 3, 2018
  6. peter2117 Win User

Thanks for the replay. but it did not fix my issue.

I managed to fix it tho and the problem was with auto detect display as that was set to ''enable'' as soon as i disabled it the sound came back.

Thanks for your help never the less and hope that it might help others in the future
  7. XBF George L Win User

Hello

I recommend you try this step:

Roll back and then reinstall system updates. To do this:
    1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to settings and select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
    5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.
    and see if that fixes the problem

You can see the whole support article I found this in here:
    Troubleshoot problems with an update to your Xbox 360 console

Hope this helps

Let us know with a reply how it goes
  8. MoshedBrotatoe Win User

Xbox "Lite" to be Released in Winter 2012?

So now there's the original Xbox 360, then the Slim, now the Super slim? Haha.

A console without a disc drive? Sounds like a fail to me :p
  9. 932b6332-19df-4d1f-a Win User

xbox Sound acting odd

ok ive tried all the hdmi ports & another unit so the issue is defiantly with the 360 slim sound via the hdmi
  10. ericjwilborn Win User

Xbox won't connect

Definitely sounds like your HDMI port on the Xbox.

By chance, have you tried reversing the HDMI cables and plugging the opposite end into the TV and Xbox? I know it sounds strange, and it's not super likely, but there are one-way HDMI cables out there.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Super Slim no sound on HDMI - Similar Threads - 360 Super Slim

2. How do i connect a Xbox 360 HD AV cable with a xbox 360 e super slim?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i connect a Xbox 360 HD AV cable with a xbox 360 e super slim?: I want better grahpics but i need help 11a7f217-080a-4e82-b74d-a17cd39496fa
  3. Xbox 360 E/Super Slim turns on but I get no video from AV or Hdmi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E/Super Slim turns on but I get no video from AV or Hdmi: Xbox 360 Slim turns on but with no video. I have a 4gb Xbox 360 E/Super Slim and it was working fine. And I left it in the living room for awhile and I wanted to play some old 360 games and it...
  4. Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera, gray focusing ring super sticky!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera, gray focusing ring super sticky!: Hadn't moved the thing for a while, went to hook it up to a Windows PC, 10 I think, and it worked! But I noticed the gray ring around the lens is super sticky! Curious if anyone has noticed...
  5. My xbox 360 super street fighter four arcade edition disc won't work on xbox one, why's that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox 360 super street fighter four arcade edition disc won't work on xbox one, why's that?: My xbox 360 super street fighter four arcade edition disc won't work on xbox one, why's that? a446ee0e-e44f-433b-97fe-23b7c3ddc36d
  6. Xbox 360 Super Slim Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Super Slim Hard Drive: How do I identify if an Xbox 360 Hard Drive (HD) is genuine? 31716e62-6ec1-42d5-bbcb-22538a70ae26
  7. Super Monkey Ball Deluxe Backwards Compatibility on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Super Monkey Ball Deluxe Backwards Compatibility on Xbox 360: I am trying ti play my Super Monkey Ball Deluxe original xbox disc on my Xbox 360, however it says “The game could not start. Try downloading the game again.” I am using an official hard drive and...
  8. xbox 360 super slim apagando a tela [Translate] Super Slim Xbox 360 deleting screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 super slim apagando a tela [Translate] Super Slim Xbox 360 deleting screen: My super slim Xbox 360 turns on and a few seconds later it though it stays with the green light on the screen image disappears. And after that it just shuts off by unplugging the power cord. What...
  9. Nowadays in 2019: second hand Xbox 360 Slim or Super Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nowadays in 2019: second hand Xbox 360 Slim or Super Slim?: Hello guys! I am planning to buy a Xbox 360 in a second hand shop. There are several options and I am not sure which of them could be the best. My last console was the super nintendo, so I am a...
  10. My Xbox 360 E (Super Slim) red light?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 E (Super Slim) red light?: Hello good day ! When I press my xbox 360 start button turns green and then red? Noting the console's power supply turns green too when I try to start the console. No image appears on my TV or...