Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect

Discus and support Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The console is an Xbox 360 slim from 2011-2012. The update freezes and then gives me an error status message or just freezes for hours the screen and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Schmoop9286, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Schmoop9286
    Schmoop9286 Guest

The console is an Xbox 360 slim from 2011-2012.

The update freezes and then gives me an error status message or just freezes for hours the screen and circle is still rolling but the download itself makes no progress and i am able to cancel it fine.

So the console works completely fine aside from the update not letting me connect to xbox live and the light on my kinect flashing green and occasionally red. Games work and save normally none of my files have the yellow corrupted mark. I've cleaned system cache on both my harddrive and the xbox itself and it hasn't changed anything. My internet connection is fine although sometimes if i cancel the update after it freezes it disconnects although its only happened once or twice out of like the 10-15 times i've tried. I have tried disconnecting my kinect and removing my harddrive and those things didn't change anything. I would really like to use my xbox live services as i have some old codes for games and dlc i would like to buy and try as well as some online games and friends i'd like to play with again.

The status codes i've recieved :

4497 - 0000 - 3080 - 0503 - 8007 - 2EE2

4497 - 0000 - 3080 - 051E - 8007 - 2EE2

4497 - 0000 - 3080 - 051B - 8007 - 2EE2

:)

Schmoop9286, Jul 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Schmoop9286

Are you trying to update the console directly from it?

If yes, may I know if you tried instead doing the offline update for your Xbox 360?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co...

Also, before starting the update progress, disconnect everything from the console

Any USB accessories and also your Kinect

Let me know how it goes, I'll be waiting for your reply

Greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. Schmoop9286 Win User

Hi thanks josef for the reply.

So I did the offline update with an USB and now everything is up to date and letting me view it but it still refuses to connect and download things from Xbox live and gives me a handful of different errors. I don't think it is my internet at this point cause its working unless I try to download/use the Xbox live options so its probably something with the Xbox itself. Its given me error 80004005, 807B01F7 and error 8113115 halfway through downloading my profile. Its giving me options for everything Xbox live related without an update prompt but trying to load all of them end with the same different error codes and after the errors it disconnects from Xbox live even though it was loading/downloading things on startup it just stops and I tried this with my network from my phone, local wifi and my friends phone hotspot and all have the same results.

When I test my Xbox live connection before trying to log in/use it to download anything it says connection works for everything but after it turns up either no connection to internet or Xbox live blocked after my attempts to download or load any of the live options.

The update did fix my kinect not working though.
  4. Zenosos Win User

how can i update my kinect on my pc???

So you can download the update onto a memory stick or device capable of storage or through xbox live, here is a list of options you can try to fix the kinect issue that you are having.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

kinect updates are part of system updates for the 360 so make sure your xbox 360 is uodating correctly.
  5. Zenosos Win User

how can i update my kinect on my pc???

So you can download the update onto a memory stick or device capable of storage or through xbox live, here is a list of options you can try to fix the kinect issue that you are having.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

kinect updates are part of system updates for the 360 so make sure your xbox 360 is uodating correctly.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

xbox 360S unsupported message

Hello KentonCoons,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We recommend making sure the Xbox 360 Kinect is up to date. The article entitled

Kinect Setup on Xbox 360
    will explain how to update the Kinect. If the Kinect is still not functioning correctly after updating it, the Kinect may need to be replaced. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect - Similar Threads - 360 stuck update

2. Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload'

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload': Hello, I'm currently on Beta Ring (xb_flt_2405zn.240411-2000) I've recently started playing fallout 3 on Xbox Series X but I wanted to continue my save on my series s but my save was not...
  3. Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in: Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in. I've tried the normal shortcut with the center button till it vibrates and go to the magnifier there it zooms in more but not any further back. I've tried going...
  4. My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.: I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and failed" issue. I was met with the "Getting your...
  5. My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.: I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and failed" issue. I was met with the "Getting your...
  6. My xbox status is stuck on a 360 game even though I'm not playing it and it is also...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox status is stuck on a 360 game even though I'm not playing it and it is also...: I wanted to play viva pinata for the first time in a while because I felt like it and it was free on game pass however after playing it it was stuck on my status even though I was playing other...
  7. My Xbox Status is stuck on a Xbox 360 game that I'm not playing at the moment.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox Status is stuck on a Xbox 360 game that I'm not playing at the moment.: Hi, I have a issue with my xbox status that started an hour ago where it shows that I'm playing on a Xbox 360 game even though I stopped playing on it an hour ago. So, I have looked everywhere...
  8. Xbox Live Status Stuck on 360 Game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Status Stuck on 360 Game: Have encountered an annoying bug with Xbox One account where my status is stuck on playing an Xbox 360 game: "Fallout: New Vegas". I have loaded up other Xbox One games which does update however...
  9. Xbox Status stuck on 360 game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Status stuck on 360 game: Hello, my xbox live status is stuck on COD:Black Ops II i also realized it says i’m online even when my xbox is powered down I really enjoy playing with my friends on xbox especially considering I...
  10. Dead Space [download on Xbox 360] getting stuck at 79%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead Space [download on Xbox 360] getting stuck at 79%: Hello! Downloading Dead Space (2008) reach 79% then starts from 0 and this repeats over and over again without ending. I turned off my background downloads and also turn my auto-downloads off. I...