Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating?

Discus and support Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 hasn't been played in some time. I foolishly let my nephew borrow it for a summer, and upon return, it does not stay on. It turns itself... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Benjamin Metcalf, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating?

My Xbox 360 hasn't been played in some time. I foolishly let my nephew borrow it for a summer, and upon return, it does not stay on. It turns itself off after a couple of minutes. I have attempted to have it repaired, but was told it was stuck in a "boot loop." Not only does it turn itself off, but it will also turn itself back on so long that the power is connected to it. I believe it is overheating because another console was placed on top of it for the few months it was borrowed. Any idea of what I can do to either get it repaired, or to migrate data data to a new console? Any information would be appreciated.

:)

Benjamin Metcalf, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Benjamin! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Sorry to know about what happened. Since Xbox 360 support has been ended already, we cannot request a repair order from Microsoft. You may try to get the storage from your old Xbox 360 and try putting it on a different Xbox 360 console if it will read your games.
  3. joaojh62 Win User

360 slim stuck in boot loop: what to do?

Hi.. Did you fix this it? I have the same problem on my Xbox. Thanks
  4. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there joaojh62,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Due to the age of this thread and that the original poster hasn't replied back, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried out. Thanks
    so much!
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. This may be due to the storage device in the console. Please remove all storage devices you have and then restart the console. If it starts up fine then the issue is being caused by it and the storage device will probably need to be
    replaced.
  6. ibgood Win User

Receiving no signal to other television.

Apparently my xbox one has multiple issues. I let my daughter use it on the Vizio while I wait for the replacement, she went to install dead rising 3 and now the xbox is stuck in a boot loop.

I really hope the replacement is issue free. This kind of sucks.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating? - Similar Threads - 360 stuck boot

2. Xbox Live Status stuck on 360 game after I close it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Status stuck on 360 game after I close it: So I'm having a weird issue for the past couple days where I will play an Xbox 360 game and even after I close it, my Xbox Live status will still say I'm playing it. Even if I turn on an Xbox One...
  3. Xbox 360 need to format, but it takes forever and is stuck on Same place saying formatting...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 need to format, but it takes forever and is stuck on Same place saying formatting...: I need urgant help to get another way ti fotmat my console 3183675c-8629-4c01-9d83-5e7548a2e9b9
  4. Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect: The console is an Xbox 360 slim from 2011-2012. The update freezes and then gives me an error status message or just freezes for hours the screen and circle is still rolling but the download...
  5. Xbox 360 download stuck at 79%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 download stuck at 79%: When will this be fixed already? So far, no "solution" that I found on the internet worked. Are there at least other solutions beside playing an arcade game and keeping the console closed?...
  6. Updating Minecraft on Xbox 360, but it's stuck on "Update in Progress" with only one little...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updating Minecraft on Xbox 360, but it's stuck on "Update in Progress" with only one little...: I'm trying to update Minecraft to the most recent version released on 360, and it's stuck on the update screen not moving. A little green bar pops up when it starts updating but it won't move. I...
  7. Xbox game status stuck on an xbox 360 game I am not playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game status stuck on an xbox 360 game I am not playing: Hi all, I signed into my brothers xbox to play an xbox 360 game "Army of Two" on his xbox series s. We have since finished playing and uninstalled the game. My account game status is now glitched...
  8. Xbox 360 Stuck on loading screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Stuck on loading screen: Hi, my xbox 360 does not want to load into the dashboard, as soon as I remove my hard drive, it boots up, but when i put the hard drive in, the console reboots and freezes. Please help....
  9. XBox 360 S, stuck in system update error C000-0032 page. How can I get out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S, stuck in system update error C000-0032 page. How can I get out?: I bought a second hand XBox 360 S without a hard disk. I tried to update the system but get the error code: C000-0032 "Can't read the update from your storage device". Then the whole system stuck...
  10. 360 slim stuck in boot loop: what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim stuck in boot loop: what to do?: Hi guys, My 360 slim 250 gb has been stuck in a boot loop since a few days. I briefly see the xbox logo and than it just reboots. I'm unable to reach the dashboard. To show you guys exactly...