Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating?

Discus and support Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 hasn't been played in some time. I foolishly let my nephew borrow it for a summer, and upon return, it does not stay on. It turns itself... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Benjamin Metcalf, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating?

My Xbox 360 hasn't been played in some time. I foolishly let my nephew borrow it for a summer, and upon return, it does not stay on. It turns itself off after a couple of minutes. I have attempted to have it repaired, but was told it was stuck in a "boot loop." Not only does it turn itself off, but it will also turn itself back on so long that the power is connected to it. I believe it is overheating because another console was placed on top of it for the few months it was borrowed. Any idea of what I can do to either get it repaired, or to migrate data data to a new console? Any information would be appreciated.

:)

Benjamin Metcalf, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Benjamin! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Sorry to know about what happened. Since Xbox 360 support has been ended already, we cannot request a repair order from Microsoft. You may try to get the storage from your old Xbox 360 and try putting it on a different Xbox 360 console if it will read your games.
  3. joaojh62 Win User

360 slim stuck in boot loop: what to do?

Hi.. Did you fix this it? I have the same problem on my Xbox. Thanks
  4. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there joaojh62,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Due to the age of this thread and that the original poster hasn't replied back, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried out. Thanks
    so much!
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. This may be due to the storage device in the console. Please remove all storage devices you have and then restart the console. If it starts up fine then the issue is being caused by it and the storage device will probably need to be
    replaced.
  6. ibgood Win User

Receiving no signal to other television.

Apparently my xbox one has multiple issues. I let my daughter use it on the Vizio while I wait for the replacement, she went to install dead rising 3 and now the xbox is stuck in a boot loop.

I really hope the replacement is issue free. This kind of sucks.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating? - Similar Threads - 360 stuck boot

2. Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload'

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload': Hello, I'm currently on Beta Ring (xb_flt_2405zn.240411-2000) I've recently started playing fallout 3 on Xbox Series X but I wanted to continue my save on my series s but my save was not...
  3. Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in: Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in. I've tried the normal shortcut with the center button till it vibrates and go to the magnifier there it zooms in more but not any further back. I've tried going...
  4. My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.: I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and failed" issue. I was met with the "Getting your...
  5. My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.: I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and failed" issue. I was met with the "Getting your...
  6. My xbox status is stuck on a 360 game even though I'm not playing it and it is also...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox status is stuck on a 360 game even though I'm not playing it and it is also...: I wanted to play viva pinata for the first time in a while because I felt like it and it was free on game pass however after playing it it was stuck on my status even though I was playing other...
  7. My Xbox Status is stuck on a Xbox 360 game that I'm not playing at the moment.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox Status is stuck on a Xbox 360 game that I'm not playing at the moment.: Hi, I have a issue with my xbox status that started an hour ago where it shows that I'm playing on a Xbox 360 game even though I stopped playing on it an hour ago. So, I have looked everywhere...
  8. Xbox Live Status Stuck on 360 Game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Status Stuck on 360 Game: Have encountered an annoying bug with Xbox One account where my status is stuck on playing an Xbox 360 game: "Fallout: New Vegas". I have loaded up other Xbox One games which does update however...
  9. Xbox Status stuck on 360 game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Status stuck on 360 game: Hello, my xbox live status is stuck on COD:Black Ops II i also realized it says i’m online even when my xbox is powered down I really enjoy playing with my friends on xbox especially considering I...
  10. 360 slim stuck in boot loop: what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim stuck in boot loop: what to do?: Hi guys, My 360 slim 250 gb has been stuck in a boot loop since a few days. I briefly see the xbox logo and than it just reboots. I'm unable to reach the dashboard. To show you guys exactly...