xbox 360 stopped recognizing laptop

Discus and support xbox 360 stopped recognizing laptop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; until 2 days ago my windows 10 laptop was able to connect to my 360, from there I could watch my movies through the system player option, today the 360... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HarryConnell, Jan 6, 2016.

1. HarryConnell
    HarryConnell Guest

until 2 days ago my windows 10 laptop was able to connect to my 360, from there I could watch my movies through the system player option, today the 360 tells me there is no pc. I have set up homegroup on the pc the network connection is fine, the
    test pc connection says pc not listed, apart from the home group I have switched off and restarted the 360, laptop and the router, can anybody help please

:)

HarryConnell, Jan 6, 2016
  2. RamboC4 556
    RamboC4 556 Guest
    Xbox 360 Joystick on Xbox One?

I'm trying to figure out how to get my Mad Catz Cyborg F.L.Y. 9 joystick for an Xbox 360 to work on my Xbox One

I bought a 360 reciever for my Win 10 laptop, I updated to the correct drivers. I stream the xbox one to my laptop with the xbox app. The joystick is connected, top left quadrant light around xbox logo is solid, but the xbox one isn't recognizing when I
    press a button.

RamboC4 556, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Synce Issues

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10, etc hardware. When I try to log into my Xbox account via the Xbox it is not recognizing my log in name/password. It appears to be associated with Xbox One versus Xbox 360. Any way to get around this?

starbukscoffe10, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Disable streaming from Windows Media Player, and then re-enable it. Windows 10 is just crappy like that.

Irixion, Jan 7, 2016
  5. HarryConnell
    HarryConnell Guest
    thanks for your help, I appreciate it, that has sorted it, again many thanks

HarryConnell, Oct 31, 2018
  6. HarryConnell Win User

thanks for your help, I appreciate it, that has sorted it, again many thanks
  7. Irixion Win User

Disable streaming from Windows Media Player, and then re-enable it. Windows 10 is just crappy like that.
  8. LynnJenkins1 Win User

XBox update corrupted external hard drive

It is a Seagate 2TB for XBox. I did plug it into my laptop and it recognized that it was plugged in by an audible sound but because it is formated for the XBox it doesn't show up. I'm not sure how to run the diagnostic since the XBox doesn't recognize
    it.
  9. Metropolis4ever Win User

Why Won't My Xbox 360 Recognize My Memory Card Anymore?

My laptop recognizes my flash drive, so it obviously isn't broken. It must be a problem with the Xbox.
  10. Obsessive Power Win User

Does XBOX 360 controllers still work on XBOX 1's???

However, I keep seeing videos on youtube from the past where they used the xbox app and plugged in the 360 controller in their PC or laptop and windows 10 recognizes it.
    If you're streaming games from an Xbox One to a PC, the PC can play the games with either a Xbox One or a 360 controller. But the Xbox One can not use 360 peripherals connected directly to it.

And of course PC gamers (like me) can use whatever controller we like with Windows.
Thema:

1. xbox 360 stopped recognizing laptop - Similar Threads - 360 stopped recognizing

2. My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...: My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then it’ll go back to open tray. I have tried numerous different discs. bddf303c-080c-427b-936c-bff465775784
  3. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  4. Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games on xbox one how can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games on xbox one how can I...: Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games b3410750-5869-4a16-a4c8-a9d7f03850c4
  5. I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...: I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I haven't done anything except turn on the console. What can I do to gtop this?...
  6. My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working: My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working as i was using it to configure the settings for Dark Souls, i've tried everything i could, i've updated the drivers, i've checked for hardware changes....
  7. When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360?: I know that the xbox 360 stopped being manufactured in April 21 2016, but what about the xbox 360 games and controllers d56b3abe-12a6-4b0b-b791-6b7b2c5c56eb
  8. How to stop error notifications on an Xbox 360 Mega Man 10 endless attack mode

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop error notifications on an Xbox 360 Mega Man 10 endless attack mode: When I try and play the endless attack mode in Mega Man 10, Every screen I get passed I get multiple annoying "error, not uploaded to leader board" message that covers the whole screen. It makes...
  9. 3 Xboxes, 360, XB one, XB one S of which S decided to stop reading CD’s

in XboX Insiders
    3 Xboxes, 360, XB one, XB one S of which S decided to stop reading CD’s: After recent updates, I believe they have affected my DVD drive. I have mosy digital media, but a couple of old 360 games that rarely come out of DVD sleeves. Tired several DVD 360 Games that worn...
  10. How do you stop movie narrator in XBox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you stop movie narrator in XBox 360?: All of a sudden on 2 of my 40 purchased XBox 360 movies now have a woman’s voice describing EVERYTHING that happens on screen in between dialogue and i cant stop it. Everyone else that has asked...