XBox 360 SmartGlass app wont sign me in

Discus and support XBox 360 SmartGlass app wont sign me in in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi All. I just recently downloaded and installed XBox 360 SmartGlass app on my laptop (Win 10 bld. 1809) and it will not find console properly setup... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RickMJ, Apr 5, 2019.

1. RickMJ
    RickMJ Guest

Hi All.

I just recently downloaded and installed XBox 360 SmartGlass app on my laptop (Win 10 bld. 1809) and it will not find console properly setup and after failure I notice in the apps setting I am not signed into my Microsoft account? I assume it is using my
    Windows 10 login but it sure would be nice to verify what login name and password it is using!

I have read many posts over the past few years with no resolution to the issue and MS support seems to "lock" down the post preventing a PILE-ON of complaints.

Any thought MS?

Cheers!

:)

RickMJ, Apr 5, 2019
  2. CAPTION LUCY Win User

Smart glass won't connect

I just got the Xbox 360 Smartglass app and it wont connect to my Xbox 360.

I'm signed it to my account on the Xbox and on my Surface 2 but it is still not working?

Anybody got some solutions?
  3. voteDC Win User

Smartglass for 360 officially unsupported?

Just tried it now on my Android tablet and while I don't get any error codes, Smartglass will not detect my 360.

-

I checked in my settings to see if Smartglass access was enabled and all is good there.

-

Edit: If I launch Smartglass after I sign in then it detects the 360 without issue. However if I start Smartglass and then sign-in the app wont detect the 360 at all when prompted to search for it.
  4. Nixelplex Win User

Smart Glass doesn't work anymore. Microsoft has decided to decommission that app.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox 360 SmartGlass app retirement

On May 18, 2018, the Xbox 360 SmartGlass apps for iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 8, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 8, and Windows 10 will be retired. Support for the app and content are no longer being offered.

Instead, customers are encouraged to use the Xbox app for iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile, or Windows 10, or use services on
    http://www.xbox.com or on the Xbox 360 console itself

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I still use my purchased games, movies, and TV shows that came with SmartGlass features?

A. Yes. All games are still playable on your Xbox 360 console. If you bought digital games from Microsoft, they’re still available for download. Movies & TV shows purchased from Microsoft will still be available for viewing.

Q. Going forward, what can I use to launch games and apps, input text, and control playback of my music, movies and TV shows on the Xbox 360?

A. To launch and control playback of content or input text, use an Xbox 360 controller, Xbox 360 chatpad, or a physical remote control for the Xbox 360.

Q. Can I still use my phone to interact with friends on Xbox Live?

A. Yes. Use the Xbox app for iOS, Android, Windows 10, or Windows 10 Mobile to chat, add or follow new Xbox Live friends, check online presence, see activity feeds and achievements, join clubs, and more. You can also interact with friends on
    http://www.xbox.com.

Q. Can I still edit my Xbox Original Avatar?

A. Yes, using the Xbox Original Avatars app for Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Xbox One, on
    http://www.xbox.com or right on your Xbox 360.

Q. Can I still set Beacons to play an Xbox 360 game with friends?

A. Yes, you can set Beacons to play Xbox 360 games with friends on the Xbox 360 console.

Q. How can I search for games, apps, movies & TV shows for the Xbox 360?

A. You can use Bing Search on your Xbox 360 console to find all of the games, apps, movies & TV content currently available for your Xbox 360 console. In addition, you can search for Xbox 360 content using the Microsoft Store on Xbox One, Windows 10,
    and web.

Q. Will I be able to interact with SmartGlass content for specific games, movies, or TV shows?

A. No. Content made for the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app is being retired and is no longer available.
  6. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Here is a link to the new Xbox app previously mentioned:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8?ocid=9wzdncrfjbd8_ORSEARCH_Bing&SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&rtc=1&activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

I would highly recommend you download this version, it is a great improvement from Smart Glass.
Thema:

1. XBox 360 SmartGlass app wont sign me in - Similar Threads - 360 SmartGlass app

2. Does the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app still work on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app still work on Windows 10?: I went to Microsoft Store to update the Xbox app and noticed this app in my downloads. I was wondering whether this worked on Windows 10 as this image appeared when I opened the app. [img]...
  3. Microsoft Account Not Connecting to Xbox 360 SmartGlass App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Account Not Connecting to Xbox 360 SmartGlass App: I just got an Xbox 360 and saw that this cool app is available. I will be able to use my console soon and wanted to get this app to make my experience better. I read that this app is supported...
  4. xbox 360 smartglass app wont find my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 smartglass app wont find my xbox: i was trying to record my xbox 360 with the smartglass app but when i go on the app it says it cant find my console and when i press try again it just comes up with the same message please help me...
  5. Xbox 360 Console Connection with Smartglass App on Windows 10 doesn´t work!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Console Connection with Smartglass App on Windows 10 doesn´t work!: Xbox 360 Console Connection with Smartglass App on Windows 10 doesn´t work! How could I connect my Windows 10 PC (SmartGlass App) with my Xbox 360 Console? Thx 58c7389e-3e4b-43d7-b373-911e73bdbe25
  6. xbox 360 smartglass app and fable achievements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 smartglass app and fable achievements?: Hi, I was wondering how people can get the fable achievement "see the future" without the smartglass app? Im at a standstill right now and I think this is stupid if you cannot get this easy...
  7. XBOX 360 SMARTGLASS APP / CONSOLE NOT FOUND

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 SMARTGLASS APP / CONSOLE NOT FOUND: Hello, Xbox 360 SmartGlass issue , i tried my android smartphone , Windows 8.1 and 2 pc with latest Windows 10 , i still get the same error "console not found" , i checked everything, my...
  8. Xbox 360 SmartGlass app on android

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 SmartGlass app on android: Installed Xbox 360 SmartGlass app on my Samsung galaxy note8 and it won't let me sign in on my phone. It lets me type in account email and password then after 5 seconds of loading it says "can't...
  9. Please update the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app to work with iOS 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please update the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app to work with iOS 11: Microsoft, please update the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app to work with iOS 11. Currently it’s incompatible with iOS 11 and therefore can’t be downloaded from the App Store anymore. Here’s the link to...
  10. Xbox:360 smartglass app missing for apple App Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox:360 smartglass app missing for apple App Store: Has apple removed the Xbox 360 smartglass app? 20af1b1a-910b-4430-9b41-bdf2b40dcfea

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 smartglass sign up