Xbox 360 Slip 4 GB S Update Failure - Can't Connect to Xbox Live

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slip 4 GB S Update Failure - Can't Connect to Xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am a light Xbox user and have only played a few older games in the time i have had the system. For awhile now it's been asking me to update the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rodimusx9, Dec 30, 2015.

1. rodimusx9
    rodimusx9 Guest

I am a light Xbox user and have only played a few older games in the time i have had the system. For awhile now it's been asking me to update the system, but everyone time i tried I would get an error. I just ignored it since i was just playing games with
    my kid and did not need to connect to Live. However I just recently purchased Lego Dimensions, and it is requiring me to update in order to play. But nothing i have tired has worked to update the system. I've done a lot of searching, and came across this
    older thread:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/7/t/1879759.aspx?pi7406=1

I am getting the exact same error codes and have tried the same methods to try and fix it several times. I have been on chat with support for a couple of hours yesterday, with no luck. They keep asking me to do the same things I have already tried. Does
    anyone know how to fix this so I can get my system to update? has this actually been answered somewhere? All the threads I could find are all closed with no resolution.

:)

rodimusx9, Dec 30, 2015
  2. Falchion
    Falchion Guest

Figured, maybe give them yet another week to fix the update. As evidently on these maybe because they use a different CPU or mobo that the system is evidently corrupting the update when applied. I can get the 360 to download, go all the way through the next
    screen of "installing update" but then it fails. Now with the code: 417F-42FE-1380-267F-C000-0185.Even tried deleting profiles. Have gone to the system files and deleted the corrupted files, and cleared cache of both the hard drive and internal RAM. Tried
    without the hard drive installed, etc. But, someday, I'd love to have this 360 connect to Xbox Live and it needs the update to do so. It works, it plays games, etc, even signs a profile in, network test is good all the way up to Xbox Live, but then needs
    the update. So I can't connect to Xbox Live. I see the controller code thing above, will try that now and the new update from the download page. The internal RAM (4GB) has 2.4 GB available. The hard drive has over 100 GB. So 250 MB is not the issue.

Falchion, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Xbox 360 Slip 4 GB S Update Failure - Can't Connect to Xbox Live

Try to skip update, then perform some small file deletion on internal storage. Reboot the xbox afterwards. After rebooting the file is still there. That is happening with my xbox

Seems that update in Dec set some flag on internal storage so there are no write permissions any more

CrackingBoss1, Dec 30, 2015
  4. user.name Win User

status code: 42FE-0000-3080-0502-8007-045D is what I received after the handy dandy update. It keeps saying there is another update, but each time Inhit download, it hits me with this error. Also my 360 is running super slow now too. I'm guessing it's
    because mine is a refurb from GameStop. Last time I bought a refurb item, it had farted on me with the same problem it was refurbished for... Really not in the mood to turn another system in again. Doubt warranty is good.
  5. Falchion Win User

Tried the fix the failed update, and everything else you could imagine. Clearing cache, deleting content. I have 2.3 GB on the system RAM, 128 GB on the hard drive. Tried the USB Flash drive (extracts, goes to install, then fails), Tried burning to CD (same
    thing). Tried pulling the hard drive. Tried removing files. Tried resetting the network to factory defaults. Tried going wired direct to the modem (yes, resetting the modem). The 360 4GB Slim worked perfectly until the Dec 4 update. It still works, just
    won't connect to Xbox Live, which makes saving and everything else moot.
  6. talbotz Win User

just spent four hours dealing with the same issue, with no resolution. an hour with chat and almost three with phone support. they can "repair" my xbox that was working fine before the "update" for $99. seriously considering trying the ps4. this sucks.
  7. williesimms33 Win User

Did you not read the first post in this thread? All of that has been tried. Thank you though for giving absolutely ZERO help. Will try calling your support just so you guys can say my slim is broken and I need to send it to you along with 100$ dollars just
    to look at it. it worked fine until your update.
  8. TheHattonBug Win User

same issue .... i posted the other day

microsoft guru said it was my console that had a problem and wouldnt accept that their bloody update has ruined my console..and others.

i have tried everything to resolve this issue to no avail..

i wonder how many ppl are affected by this update.

seems the 4g slim is the console that its happened to
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slip 4 GB S Update Failure - Can't Connect to Xbox Live - Similar Threads - 360 Slip Update

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  4. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  5. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  6. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  7. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  8. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  9. Update currently unavailable? Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update currently unavailable? Xbox 360: I bought an xbox 360 off someone yesterday and I haven’t been able to get it working. I’ve connected the Ethernet and everything and the internet works fine according to the connection test. I...
  10. Xbox 360 Slip 4 GB S Update Failure - Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slip 4 GB S Update Failure - Can't Connect to Xbox Live: No, I'm not a tech newb! But have been having many issues for over a week to apply update to the Microsoft Xbox 360 4GB Slim. Update was smooth and not problem with our Xbox 360 Elite 120 GB....