XBOX 360 Slim - starts but doesn't get to dashboard

Discus and support XBOX 360 Slim - starts but doesn't get to dashboard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Nice booting and shows initial swirl screen and then the circle of death. It will sit there doing nothing. Can hit home button and get the dashboard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by B.L.2, Oct 27, 2019.

1. B.L.2
    B.L.2 Guest

Nice booting and shows initial swirl screen and then the circle of death. It will sit there doing nothing. Can hit home button and get the dashboard menu up and access a couple menu items. Most selections will freeze the unit. Not sure what I need
    to get past this. No hardrive in the unit and just bought it as is. I like a challange and the original 360 fairly friendly to work on. But I don't see a need to pull this apart... something software related I am sure (the onboard memory full or something
    to that effect). Tried booting with sync button pressed to clear cache and booting with a boot disc and a boot usb. No effect. Need a steer here. Not modified that I know of. Please let me know what you think. Open it up to check something? Connect
    to computer? A bit lost on this one. Thank you.

:)

B.L.2, Oct 27, 2019
  2. B.L.2 Win User

This is an xbox live error... I can't even get machine past the boot up properly...
  3. j george lee Win User

Second Hand Problems

It is also an xbox 360 slim with the new dashboard
  4. AndreGouvea Win User

XBOX Dashboard

@HaloJolly The new 360 Slim model was suppose to get the dashboard faster and its quieter!
  5. smileskybird Win User

Who now find themselfs have more xbox time withe one then the 360?

The only way to get me off Xbox 360 is to discontinue XBL for 360 and by far I DONT want this to happen within the next 3 years at least! or... make some best friends on X1 or get my best friends from 360 onto Xbox 1 and play with.

I do notice though, that signing in, launching the Youtube app and getting to a video without crashing is FASTER on Xbox 1 than on Xbox 360. Well Xbox 1 consoles have FAR more RAM than the tiny 512MB RAM on 360 even though it's RAM is GDDR3. Xbox 360's Dashboard
    doesn't like cold starting fast. I have an Xbox 360 slim 250gb console. Xbox 360 also has Beacons, something which Xbox 1 doesn't. I still find the 360 UI is much more simpler and it works compared to the Windows 8 UI on Xbox 1. I got my 360 slim console when
    I first joined Xbox but the last Youtube Update for 360 where the UI looks the same as the Xbox 1's Youtube UI app, it does crash or freeze with a black screen if I launch it in a hurry like when I get home. Xbox 1's Youtube app doesn't have this problem.
  6. drivesafely Win User

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Give te XB1 the same media funtionality of the 360

huh, say that all you want. Why is the power supply different on each one then. The only way the power can be less is if its more efficient. I have 2 slim and every other version of 360. The slim boots faster, plays Netflix faster, runs dashboard faster,
    and starts games faster. the slim even runs cooler.

Dude, once again playing expert with your one 360 and zero X1.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Slim - starts but doesn't get to dashboard - Similar Threads - 360 Slim starts

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. xbox 360 slim : my console doesn't start anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim : my console doesn't start anymore: Hello, my console asked me to update. I don't know if it was for my Skyrim game or if it was for the console itself. The update was blocked, I couldn't do anything. I had to turn off the console...
  8. After a couple months I start today my star wars xbox 360 slim and we find out our console is ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After a couple months I start today my star wars xbox 360 slim and we find out our console is ...: Xbox 360 slim star wars edition serial number 497190514805 Today we came home from Europe we start the xbox and it looks like we can't connect to xbox live. Our xbox is banned why?...
  9. I have the problem wen my Xbox 360 slim I do not start in the menu'll please help me kan no ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the problem wen my Xbox 360 slim I do not start in the menu'll please help me kan no ...: I have the problem wen my Xbox 360 slim I do not start in the menu'll please help me kan no games more 0a22278e-590a-46e0-809b-da9d266d4056
  10. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB freezes at start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB freezes at start: I have an xbox 360 slim 4 GB that when you star it freezes the image on the xbox 360 logo or the login screen. This problem has happened with the xbox any of you or anyone know what this is?...