Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm pretty new to the community. This is my first post. I have an Xbox 360 Slim and had received it through a friend. I'm not sure how old it is,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nattywild, Dec 18, 2020.

1. nattywild
    nattywild Guest

Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?

Hi, I'm pretty new to the community. This is my first post.

I have an Xbox 360 Slim and had received it through a friend. I'm not sure how old it is, but it can still power on and play games no problem usually. Lately, the power brick light has been turning red multiple times, after I moved it to a different room
    and not being powered on for about a month.

I have tried to let it cool down, even waiting hours after. This doesn't solve it at all, no matter what. The only thing that seems to work is when I unplug the power brick cord (from the power brick itself) and plug it back in. This is the only successful
    solution, after doing it multiple times. It's been going on for 3 months now.

Can anyone guide me on how to solve this problem? I'm doubting it's the console causing this. It seems as if the problem could come from the power brick or the amount of voltage that is coming from where it's plugged into. It's plugged into a surge protector
    (could be a power strip, not sure).

Edit: When I plug the power cord out and back in (into the power brick), I do this until the Xbox turns on and the logo appears. Take note, there are no error codes displayed and the Xbox power button lights up green, but then almost immediately shuts
    right off. It takes at least 20-30 minutes for me to get the power and console working.

I'd love to hear any suggestions or answers to this issue.

Thanks.

:)

nattywild, Dec 18, 2020
  2. GavinTheKidd Win User

Xbox 360 keeps powering off

I use to have this issue too with my Xbox 360 Slim. Is the brick of the power supply turning red? My brick would light up red and I dusted it out with an air can, and it went back to normal.
  3. bossk360 Win User

No audio or video after update

Nope, no red lights on the console or power brick (its a 360 slim). I did the sync/eject combo and nothing happened, console did not turn on at all while held down the sync button.
  4. SummerGorilla96 Win User

Xbox One Elie stop working

Last question to ask:

1. My power brick was connected to 2 power strips that had no surge built in. I understand that the power brick has a built in fuse. If the fuse breaks, can the Xbox still run with a broken fuse in the brick?
    2. I understand that some power brick can work in all regions, or in specific voltage rating. Can all console hardware operate work in regions with 120V & 230V rating? Or are there consoles which their hardware can only support specific voltage rating?
    3. Currently, my power brick is orange and never changed color when I turned on the console. Does it mean that the brick is damaged?
    Thanks for your time
  5. HassanB Win User

2 Flashing Red Rings

You could try, but I don't believe it's the power brick that's the issue. When the console is turned on, the power brick should be green. When the console is turned off the power brick should display an orange color. If it was flashing orange, red, or no
    light then there would be a problem.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

power adapter for new 360E console

Do not use voltage converters with the 360 power supply.As already said,get a power brick for your country from support or return the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage? - Similar Threads - 360 Slim Power

2. Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ?: Some 360 Slims are rated 9.6A and some are rated 10.83A. Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ? 349a58e8-cbf9-49e7-b0e8-00c144d610bf
  3. Where to find a new official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find a new official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply?: Anybody know where I could order an official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply brick? Mine has been starting to make a lot of noise lately. I keep it (and all my other electronics) sprayed out once a...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  5. xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange: Hello, II use my console occasionally, a few times a year. I tried to turn it on today but it won't turn on anymore, but the power supply is orange. I've tried different power outlet in my house...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  7. xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange: Hello, so I've not used this Xbox for a very long time maybe around 6-8 months, and then I wanted to play again, so I take it out of the box and when I push the power button it didn't work, but...
  8. Power supply issues Xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply issues Xbox 360 slim: I've gone through 3 power supply bricks in the last year on my Xbox 360 slim and was wondering if maybe I'm just buying faulty power supply bricks or if maybe there's something wrong with the...
  9. Je cherche un bloc d'alimentation pour xbox 360 slim d'origine[I'm looking for a power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Je cherche un bloc d'alimentation pour xbox 360 slim d'origine[I'm looking for a power...: Bonjour je cherche un bloc d'alimentation pour xbox 360 slim d'origine. Ou je pourrais en avoir?J'ai regarder sur le web mais beaucoup vendent la version compatible et bruyante. Merci....
  10. Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!: Okay so I have an NTSC Xbox 360 in the UK (they're pretty hard to come by but I need one for speedrunning purposes), and while I never used to have this problem, the past few months whenever I've...