Xbox 360 Slim No Audio on DVD's

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim No Audio on DVD's in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 Silm is plugged into my TV through an HDMI cable. On the dashboard and playing games the audio works fine, but once I try to play a movie... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by logiwan992, Jan 1, 2014.

1. logiwan992
    logiwan992 Guest

My Xbox 360 Silm is plugged into my TV through an HDMI cable. On the dashboard and playing games the audio works fine, but once I try to play a movie on a dvd the sound does not play. The video shows up but no audio. Is there a solution to this?

:)

logiwan992, Jan 1, 2014
  2. NIK1
    NIK1 Guest
    XBOX 360 Slim DVD Drive Replacement

I have a question to ask about a Xbox 360 slim dvd drive. The slim plays movies ok but not game disks.Insert a game disk and it says unrecognised disk,and after pressing A on the controller it ejects the disk.If the dvd drive needs replacing, is it easy to do. I have replaced many dvd drives in home computers and have opened up the 360 slim a year ago to clean the inside of dust and stuff. Also I have a old green halo edition Xbox in the closet that had the 3 red lights flashing on the front. The dvd drive is ok I think.Can the dvd drive from the halo edition Xbox fit in the slim. If not I will just order one. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

NIK1, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Meggerohm
    Meggerohm Guest
    Xbox Slim

G,day All

Have 2 Xbox one Slims latest firmware updates installed,

One Xbox one Slim TVs screen Flashes, tried serval other cables ( High speed)

And HDMI inputs at 4K ( note TV is 4K but not HDR ) but is capable

At running at 4K res , basic 4K, was displaying fine at 4K, previously

Decided to update, screen res set to 1080p, also cannot play DVD's and Blueray

Disc, on both Xbox One slims Audio but no video, latest firmware as previously

Mentioned and Blueray software lastest, NOT Impressed with Microsoft

Might consider trade in both Xbox one Slim machine, games and assories

And purchase another one of the competitors machine, what waste of Money

Meggerohm, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 Slim No Audio on DVD's

This began happening to me today. I've played 100's of DVDs via my Xbox over the last year or so, but today it suddenly has no audio. Audio everywhere else, just not on the DVD I am playing. Trying many DVDs just to make sure it wasn't this particular one.

tehepicdude1337, Mar 8, 2014
  5. Hi Logiwan992 and Tehepicdude1337,

Thanks for your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the audio when playing Dvd's.

Would you mind to plug in your HDMI Cable into another HDMI port if you have? If that may not work, are you able to test it with another HDMI cable.

If both solutions are not helpful, please refer to this thread.

Looking forward to your replies.

Vision Verrify, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Boethius(2) Win User

Simple question demands simple answer.

Forum is broken, this is the question:

Why don't DVD movies play audio through the digital optical cable on xbox slim?
  7. smw007 Win User

Xbox Films & TV (Xbox 360 and Xbox One)

I tested a DVD in my Xbox 360 and I was able to reproduce the audio-drop problem. I never had DVD playback problems before I relocated my Xbox 360 to this new HTMI cable :-(

This was odd since I used this HTMI cable to connect my PS3 to the television and I didn't remember any issues.

So I unplugged my XBox 360 and plugged in my PS3 and tried playing the same DVD.

In the PS3 the DVD played fine and there was no audio drop. Also tested playing a blu-ray disc .... no problem

Tested a PS3 game .... no problem.

So is there a compatability issue with XBox 360 and some HTMI cables. Is there a specific specification of cable that is require to play 'Movies & TV' without audio skip ? Or is there specific setting on the XBox 360 and the TV that I need to set in order
    to make things work ? My TV is a Sony Bravia.

Summary (using same htmi cable):

XBox 360 - playing games - FINE (no problems)

XBox 360 - playing DVD - BAD audio-drop problem

XBox 360 - playing 'Movies & TV' - BAD audio-drop problem

PS3 - playing 'Movies & TV' - FINE (no problems)

PS3 - playing DVD - FINE (no problems)

PS3 - playing games - FINE (no problems)
  8. Vision Verrify Win User

Hi Logiwan992 and Tehepicdude1337,

Thanks for your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the audio when playing Dvd's.

Would you mind to plug in your HDMI Cable into another HDMI port if you have? If that may not work, are you able to test it with another HDMI cable.

If both solutions are not helpful, please refer to this thread.

Looking forward to your replies.
  9. tehepicdude1337 Win User

This began happening to me today. I've played 100's of DVDs via my Xbox over the last year or so, but today it suddenly has no audio. Audio everywhere else, just not on the DVD I am playing. Trying many DVDs just to make sure it wasn't this particular one.
  10. BREAKFAST4 Win User

MW3 will not load and gives me a black screen.

I am getting the same issue, MW3 worked for months in the dvd drive, and today just black screen. I took dvd out and cleaned it but that wasnt it. 4gb xbox 360 slim with 320gb hdd. retail machine.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim No Audio on DVD's - Similar Threads - 360 Slim Audio

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 e slim on but no video or audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 e slim on but no video or audio: I was playing my xbox on say a Thursday then i take my xbox with me to a friends house to Friday and he has an HDMI splitter (i use HDMI) and when he couldn't figure out which one to plug in he...
  9. Screen is heavily saturated with green and red AND no audio - Xbox 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen is heavily saturated with green and red AND no audio - Xbox 360 Slim: Using an HDMI cord, there is no sound and there are green and reddish tinted streaks taking up the entire screen. I've tried different HDMI cords, checked the port, and plugged the console into my...
  10. Xbox 360 slim no audio thorough HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim no audio thorough HDMI: So this morning everything was fine. I just got home and turned my Xbox on to run into an unfortunate problem; I'm getting video but no audio. I tried another cable, another input port on my tv,...