Xbox 360 Slim keeps beeping and then restarting randomly

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim keeps beeping and then restarting randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got a used refurbished 4GB xbox 360 S, so I decided to get a 250GB hard drive, I just formatted it and it still beeps and then restarts. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Noemiiiii97, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Noemiiiii97
    Noemiiiii97 Guest

I recently got a used refurbished 4GB xbox 360 S, so I decided to get a 250GB hard drive, I just formatted it and it still beeps and then restarts. I read online that it could either be the hard drive or the tv or the console. I don't know what it is. Help
    please!!! And it also wont let me install any of the used games I bought.

:)

Noemiiiii97, Jun 22, 2015
  2. 4gig slim wont stop beeping

got a 4 gig slim with kinect the system keeps beeping randomly at all times even when its turned off.

Its the sound effect the system makes the beep when you turn it on...etc It beeps every few minutes no matter what I'm doing.

WilliamRLBaker, Jun 22, 2015
  3. Mason Burson
    Mason Burson Guest
    Help

what does it mean when your Xbox 360 keeps beeping and eventually turns off

Mason Burson, Jun 22, 2015
  4. Noemiiiii97
    Noemiiiii97 Guest

update: I have successfully installed Skyrim onto my hard drive without my xbox crashing, yay! I'm trying Minecraft now, but it keeps restarting on me, so it's not giving me a chance at all. I bought this xbox in gamestop too. Lamesauce. Can't play minecraft
    because it crashes, but I can play skyrim...

Noemiiiii97, Jun 23, 2015
  5. Noemiiiii97
    Noemiiiii97 Guest
    My console is beeping and then restarting, my auto-off is disabled, I let my console cool down for about an hour, and the supply light is green. HELP PLEASE.

Noemiiiii97, Jun 24, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Sorry to hear it.

Did the issue begin after you purchased the hard drive? If so then the issue may be caused by the drive itself. Where did you purchase the drive? If it was from an online retailer such as Ebay or Amazon you may have inadvertently purchased a 3rd party
    drive.

If the issue happened before you purchased the drive then the issue would lie with the console itself and would need to be repaired or replaced. If this is the case you would probably be better off returning the console and purchasing a new one with a warranty
    intact in case of issues in the future.

onyxishere, Jun 24, 2015
  7. Noemiiiii97
    Noemiiiii97 Guest
    Yeah, turns out it was my hard drive! what is a 3rd party drive? I'm returning it and getting a refund Xbox 360 Slim keeps beeping and then restarting randomly :)

Thank you though! @onyx62is

Noemiiiii97, Jun 26, 2015
  8. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

A 3rd party drive is a drive other than an official Xbox drive. Only official Xbox drives are supported by Microsoft. 3rd party drives do not contain the necessary firmware required to properly run programs on the console.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  9. onyxishere Win User

A 3rd party drive is a drive other than an official Xbox drive. Only official Xbox drives are supported by Microsoft. 3rd party drives do not contain the necessary firmware required to properly run programs on the console.
  10. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it.

Did the issue begin after you purchased the hard drive? If so then the issue may be caused by the drive itself. Where did you purchase the drive? If it was from an online retailer such as Ebay or Amazon you may have inadvertently purchased a 3rd party
    drive.

If the issue happened before you purchased the drive then the issue would lie with the console itself and would need to be repaired or replaced. If this is the case you would probably be better off returning the console and purchasing a new one with a warranty
    intact in case of issues in the future.
  11. Noemiiiii97 Win User

My console is beeping and then restarting, my auto-off is disabled, I let my console cool down for about an hour, and the supply light is green. HELP PLEASE.
  12. Noemiiiii97 Win User

update: I have successfully installed Skyrim onto my hard drive without my xbox crashing, yay! I'm trying Minecraft now, but it keeps restarting on me, so it's not giving me a chance at all. I bought this xbox in gamestop too. Lamesauce. Can't play minecraft
    because it crashes, but I can play skyrim...
  13. Noemiiiii97 Win User

Yeah, turns out it was my hard drive! what is a 3rd party drive? I'm returning it and getting a refund :)

Thank you though! @onyx62is
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim keeps beeping and then restarting randomly - Similar Threads - 360 Slim keeps

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  9. I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying: Can someone please help me out? I cleared my storage cashe, I've deleted and redownloaded my Xbox live Gamertag and i've gone through my HD and deleted all the corrupted data. I have changed my...
  10. Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?: My Xbox 360 Slim HDD appears to have stopped working properly. The most recent May update would not download until I cleared my system cache After doing so, it froze during the update I had to...