Xbox 360 Slim green to red dot on console

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim green to red dot on console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 Slim has a green light then it turns to red about 7 seconds after it starts. We have tried removing the hard drive, restarting the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike Schutte, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Mike Schutte
    Mike Schutte Guest

My Xbox 360 Slim has a green light then it turns to red about 7 seconds after it starts. We have tried removing the hard drive, restarting the motherboard and cleaning it. Is this fixable?

:)

Mike Schutte, Dec 16, 2018
  2. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to the red dot on your console. Sometimes, the problem can lie within the power source. Have you tried plugging the console in a different outlet? Also, If the power adapter light turns red after a few seconds, then
    the problem may lie there. If it's red I would suggest to replace the power adapter to see if the power adapter is faulty. Otherwise, the console
    your console might need to be repaired. See Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced.

Also, go over this support article we have: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/flashing-lights-solution

Hope to hear back soon.
  3. Geth Win User

The red dot is suggesting a error in the console.

Is it the console itself or the power brick?
  4. SupaSoreBeaver1 Win User

Solid Red Dot on Xbox Slim

5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Solid Red Light on Console

The red dot on the slim console is basically the new red ring of death.

Your only option is to send it in for repair or buy a new console.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

red dot on xbox 360

my xbox 360 turns red with an E82 error on screen......tried different HDMI and also different TV...please help
    The red dot seems like an Xbox 360 slim model, if it's like the same post as in this link....

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/rrod/07b1e276-4965-4c91-836a-005684ba20af

It looks like it's the Red Dot of Death, if it's a solid red dot, it's Hardware Failure as in the console has died,

Best option would be to upgrade to an Xbox One / S / X, or to save up and wait until late November - December for the Xbox Series S / X.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim green to red dot on console - Similar Threads - 360 Slim green

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  4. Xbox 360 slim , no green ring (Only the middle),and no display output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim , no green ring (Only the middle),and no display output.: My Xbox 360 slim is the 4g + Kinect model, stopped working after having a pause from being used, and it doesn't display anything, I've tried a new HDMI cable and another TV, with the same result!...
  5. XBOX 360 2010 slim Screen going fuzzy green and blue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 2010 slim Screen going fuzzy green and blue: Hello, My XBOX 360 slim has been acting weird lately. It boots Normally, but after about 2 minutes, the screen goes fuzzy green and blue. Now I know that it's not my TV, because it works fine...
  6. Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect: my 360 decided to not work today it will power on come to account select page but the green dot doesn't light up and the controller won't connect/register 4ec79c02-afb9-4146-8b31-d1b82fa48f84
  7. Slim XBox 360 Starts up, Ring Of green lights, but won't see a wired or wireless controller,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slim XBox 360 Starts up, Ring Of green lights, but won't see a wired or wireless controller,: Hi I have a Slim XBox 360 non HDMI. It s tarts up, you get a ring Of green lights, but it won't see a wired or wireless controller and all you have is a green centre light, no controller lights....
  8. Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...: Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on screen but does nothing. I have not modified the drive or changed it in anyway it is the original disc drive. I have no...
  9. Screen is heavily saturated with green and red AND no audio - Xbox 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen is heavily saturated with green and red AND no audio - Xbox 360 Slim: Using an HDMI cord, there is no sound and there are green and reddish tinted streaks taking up the entire screen. I've tried different HDMI cords, checked the port, and plugged the console into my...
  10. Xbox 360 slim glitching and fuzzy green screen over gta 5 please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim glitching and fuzzy green screen over gta 5 please help!: Hi there i have the xbox slim 4g and recently i started getting a green fuzz/glitch over the game... the console does not shut down or restart or red ring just glitches while im playing, i...