xbox 360 slim fan speed keeps changing during gameplay

Discus and support xbox 360 slim fan speed keeps changing during gameplay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i recently just noticed this. When i pause my game or go to the game menu during game play and then Un Pause the game the fan speed increases for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ToningChief47, Jan 2, 2014.

1. xbox 360 slim fan speed keeps changing during gameplay

So i recently just noticed this. When i pause my game or go to the game menu during game play and then Un Pause the game the fan speed increases for about 5 secs then spins back down. This also happens sometimes when im not switching from a game menu to.
    What could be the cause of this? it never use to do it. Thanks in advance

:)

ToningChief47, Jan 2, 2014
  2. bozi78
    bozi78 Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim keeps turning off randomly during gameplay

I have a similar issue with my 3 month old XBox 360, it randomly turns itself off, frequently after i turn it on so it has nothing to do with overheating

so far not had an answer as to why

bozi78, Jan 2, 2014
  3. JakeConway
    JakeConway Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim keeps turning off randomly during gameplay

I think it could be the Family settings as your console isn't showing no signs of needing a repair

Everything seems perfectly fine, so it must be the console settings.

So please do what i suggested and this should fix your problem

Happy to help!

Happy Gaming!

JakeConway, Jan 2, 2014
  4. SiegeCaptain Win User

xbox 360 SLim **open tray * what is this the new red ring

Are you aware of any new 360 slims making an "open tray" beep during gameplay? My new 360 slim was making that beep sometimes while playing Black Ops online. Tray doesn't open or anything and gameplay was not disturbed. Weird. Makes me think of pinging
    but I know it's not pinging. I hope. More recently, has not beeped in awhile. Keep fingers crossed.
  5. HomieOC Win User

Fan spinning at idle speed during gameplay?

Thanks u two ? It was just u and I in this post haha. But np I like helping people. You have 45 days from the day u buy or recieved Xbox one. For $70 u can buy extended warranty

You will have a total of 3 years warranty on xbox, kinect, and 2 controllera. I Recommend you do this ASAP. It is likely the Hard drive will fail because the hard drive often fail same with the DVD drives
  6. HomieOC Win User

Mine can get pretty hot too! Nothing severe but it sometimes gets about as hot as my 360 does. But usually 70%%% of the time it just gets a little bit above warm when playing video games. Bf4 is the one that tends to make my console xbone 1 heat up. I
    think your fine but go with what you feel because if something seems wrong you should take it to a Microsoft store so a employee can see it

Make sure you register your device at this link so u have a warranty if something was to break

https://myservice.xbox.com/

If xbox starts to overheat it will tell u before it becomes dangerous.
  7. HomieOC Win User

The fan doesn't run that fast. As xbox 360. It's because it's such a big fan it can run much slower yet giving same if not better cooling then the old 360 fan did
  8. darkhaven3 Win User

Thanks for being as helpful as possible, you two. These two answers basically confirm what I had hoped for. It certainly doesn't seem that anything's wrong with my console. :) I trust that Microsoft knows what they're doing after the RROD fiasco with cooling
    their consoles properly, but I appreciate you both sating my curiosity.
Thema:

xbox 360 slim fan speed keeps changing during gameplay

1. xbox 360 slim fan speed keeps changing during gameplay - Similar Threads - 360 slim fan

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. Can the 4 hole xbox 360 slim fan be used in a xbox 360 e console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the 4 hole xbox 360 slim fan be used in a xbox 360 e console?: I accidentally damaged the 4 wire connector so i pretty much need to replace the entire fan , the only problem is that my xbox 360 e only has 2 holes while the ones i am looking up are xbox 360...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim Fan is insanely loud but COOL AIR NOT HOT?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Fan is insanely loud but COOL AIR NOT HOT?: So I have had my Xbox slim for pffffff like over 9 years but here's thing only today literally has it come so loud it's ridiculous but here's the thing number 2 the air it blows out is not hot...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating: So I've had my 360 Slim probably about 6 years now. Used it constantly for the first 2 or so years until the console itself started making a stupidly loud noise, found out all these years later it...
  7. 360 Slim Powers on, red light flashes 11 times, fan running full speed, then powers down

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim Powers on, red light flashes 11 times, fan running full speed, then powers down: If this im the wrong forum let me know. Hey guys, basically as the subject says, my 360 turns on, fan goes full speed instantly, light blinks red 11 times and then powers off. The console wont let...
  8. Xbox 360 slim cpu fan removal test

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim cpu fan removal test: If you remove the CPU fan from an xbox 360 slim and let it run, what happens? 8c6fbfa1-257a-42e3-b42a-c0e7cb4937e4
  9. Xbox 360 slim middle light blinking red and fan going on max

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim middle light blinking red and fan going on max: my xbox 360 slims power buttion is blinking with a red dot and at the same time the fans will go full speed and then itll just turn off. itll be green for a second or two before it starts blinking...
  10. 360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...: when i first turn it on it will stay on for 5 minutes then it will shut down saying that its overheating even though it is completely cool and well ventilated(also i dont think the fan is...