Xbox 360 Slim Fan is insanely loud but COOL AIR NOT HOT?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim Fan is insanely loud but COOL AIR NOT HOT? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have had my Xbox slim for pffffff like over 9 years but here's thing only today literally has it come so loud it's ridiculous but here's the thing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bear12s, Oct 10, 2017.

1. bear12s
    bear12s Guest

So I have had my Xbox slim for pffffff like over 9 years but here's thing only today literally has it come so loud it's ridiculous but here's the thing number 2 the air it blows out is not hot it's cool as my gaming PC so warm not hot also not as hot as
    the old Xbox 360 used to get so what's going on if it sounds loud but not hot maybe the fan stuff just doing it's job ?? HYep me here are some videos ON gown loud they are I man playing gta v driving around is when's it gets loud

I can also shine a torch into vent it's cleaner than my PC so

:)

bear12s, Oct 10, 2017
  2. bcas400g
    bcas400g Guest
    PSU fans, louder than xbox

hi,

I have a fairly new Slim model and I just noticed the PSU fans are louder than I can recall. I just connected a Kinect sensor last night, didn't notice until then, but it may not be related. It;s loud with or without the Kinect.

The PSU is cool, and cool air is coming out. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!!

bcas400g, Oct 10, 2017
  3. A Wild Geth
    A Wild Geth Guest
    Cleaning my 360 S.

So I have my 360 slim sitting in an area that collects dust rather easily (I cannot move it). I know that the dust can clog up the fan and my Xbox has been showing the effects of the dust recently. It has been heating up insanely fast. I want to know how
    I can clean the dust out without opening up my Xbox 360 Slim. Is it possible for me to use an compressed air can to spin the fan up and clean it off without damaging the console?

A Wild Geth, Oct 10, 2017
  4. A Cynical Cloud Win User

Is the upgrade from the Elite to the Slim Worth it?

I'd say get the slim because I've left mine on for well over 24 hours and it still stayed the same tempurture. and to top it off it wasent even in the verticle position. the big diffrence between the slim and the elite is the fan a 120mm fan can run slower(saving
    power) and still provide air flow. the elite has the fan on the back two small fans witch run faster. anouther big deffrence id say is the fan on the slim is right over the cpu and the gpu cooling it better like a pc. think of a laptop the fan draws the air
    through te heat sync providing better cooling. the xbox has the same effect hance the vents on the sides.
  5. Deerlover1 Win User

converted to a Xbox from a PS3 and got tips

my fat 360 is pretty cool but i got it in an open cabinet next to an open window and currently use it for Netflix and that's it. perhaps when i game it will change.

the slim PS3 had a puny little fan in it and they eliminated half the vents and the only air it was getting was coming from the same vents it was pulling heat out with, making most of the air intake already heated air, reducing cooling capacity and causing
    tons of game lags, false DNS errors, disconnects from PSN and ultimately, a frozen XMB or game.

on my fat though, i am unsure the number of fans, but it has the ability to go a lot faster speed wise (rpm of fan/fans is much higher than the slim's) and there are vents all over the thing. still not as stable as my Xbox but it is *better*. my slim when
    i traded it in for the fat actually froze in-store while they were testing a CoD game in it. plus there are plenty of Youtube videos showing more slims getting YLoD than the fats. and the slim has not been out as long. the lifespan seems to be 1-2 years max.
    most fats died after 6 or 7 years
  6. RemittingFire58 Win User

My xbox slim fan keeps running after only 30 mins of play?

Are you sure its the fan in the xbox? My slim sometimes sounds like a fan is spinning after shutdown but its actually the power supply. If the other recomendations don't help perhaps take a look and make sure the vents aren't clogged and that the xbox is
    getting fresh air to cool it.
  7. OpticRJames Win User

Xbox series s makes noise that aren’t coming from the fan, and you can also hear it when the console is off, is that normal?

It is the fan which is cooling your system, however it should not be loud like that. It is possible that the fan is damaged if the sound is that loud.
  8. azachan-379DF5BB-9DE Win User

Xbox 360 Slim, Loud Fans constantly.

I should also probably add that the xbox isn't even a month old.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim Fan is insanely loud but COOL AIR NOT HOT? - Similar Threads - 360 Slim Fan

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. Can the 4 hole xbox 360 slim fan be used in a xbox 360 e console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the 4 hole xbox 360 slim fan be used in a xbox 360 e console?: I accidentally damaged the 4 wire connector so i pretty much need to replace the entire fan , the only problem is that my xbox 360 e only has 2 holes while the ones i am looking up are xbox 360...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating: So I've had my 360 Slim probably about 6 years now. Used it constantly for the first 2 or so years until the console itself started making a stupidly loud noise, found out all these years later it...
  6. 360 Slim Powers on, red light flashes 11 times, fan running full speed, then powers down

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim Powers on, red light flashes 11 times, fan running full speed, then powers down: If this im the wrong forum let me know. Hey guys, basically as the subject says, my 360 turns on, fan goes full speed instantly, light blinks red 11 times and then powers off. The console wont let...
  7. Xbox 360 slim cpu fan removal test

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim cpu fan removal test: If you remove the CPU fan from an xbox 360 slim and let it run, what happens? 8c6fbfa1-257a-42e3-b42a-c0e7cb4937e4
  8. Xbox 360 slim middle light blinking red and fan going on max

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim middle light blinking red and fan going on max: my xbox 360 slims power buttion is blinking with a red dot and at the same time the fans will go full speed and then itll just turn off. itll be green for a second or two before it starts blinking...
  9. 360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...: when i first turn it on it will stay on for 5 minutes then it will shut down saying that its overheating even though it is completely cool and well ventilated(also i dont think the fan is...
  10. xbox 360 slim fan speed keeps changing during gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim fan speed keeps changing during gameplay: So i recently just noticed this. When i pause my game or go to the game menu during game play and then Un Pause the game the fan speed increases for about 5 secs then spins back down. This also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox360 insanely loud