XBox 360 Slim 4Gb is freezing!

Discus and support XBox 360 Slim 4Gb is freezing! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 slim 4gb keeps freezing when I start it. It freezes when the xbox logo comes on the screen. Sometimes it makes it to the menu but freezes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Novabear13, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Novabear13
    Novabear13 Guest

My Xbox 360 slim 4gb keeps freezing when I start it. It freezes when the xbox logo comes on the screen. Sometimes it makes it to the menu but freezes shorty after. I've tried the following things: Unplugging all cords, reconnecting and restarting. Cleaning
    console Laying it on it's side Other info: It's about a year old Not in a cluttered area Just bought an external memory stick since I didn't have to for GTA V. I tried starting with/without the memory stick and it still freezes. Any ideas???

:)

Novabear13, Jan 5, 2014
  2. hell2010
    hell2010 Guest
    xbox 360 4gb slim freezes on splash screen

My xbox 360 4gb slim keeps freezing on the start up screen any help with resolving this issue

hell2010, Jan 5, 2014
  3. KayMacho
    KayMacho Guest
    360 slim 4gb freezing!

Has been happening recently and I can't seem to find a solution that helps or says what exactly the problem is. its not over heating, cleared the system cache, do not have an external hard drive. It will freeze while trying to watch Netflix, Hulu, hbo, or
    the xfinity app. Can't return to home screen. And when I press power button it doesn't shut off. It's over a year old when I purchased so I dont believe I have a warranty anymore not sure if I'll have to pay for the repair since I looked up the price for
    sending it in. Any suggestions or any real reason why it's happens to the slims?? This is the second Xbox 4gb slim I've owned that each have experienced the same issue.

KayMacho, Jan 5, 2014
  4. XBox 360 Slim 4Gb is freezing!

Mine is doing the same thing. It was fine until I installed the previous update. personally I think that microsoft is doing it on purpose, in order to get us to abandon our xbox 360 and move on to the xbox one. If this is what they are doing though, I don't
    plan on getting the xbox one anyway, and while I might have continued to buy games for the 360, if it keeps freezing, then I won't be using it at all.

Fart McWorthy, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

Microsoft is not trying to damage the console. Its just a problem that is happening on the system. Now regarding why your console is freezing, there is a support article that goes through the steps you can do in order to fix this issue,. Please click onto
    the link bellow to go to the article.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-screen-freeze

I hope this article helps with your issue

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 7, 2014
  6. JBIRD496 ll
    JBIRD496 ll Guest
    sorry to say,but my title screen has frozen. You know when you turn on the game, and see the xbox logo. It freezes there. Please help. Your solutions had no affect.

JBIRD496 ll, May 25, 2014
  7. JBIRD496 ll
    JBIRD496 ll Guest
    actually. I used every method here and it didn't work, and I see other models of the 360 has the same problem. Microsoft why are you doing this. I still have the first PS3 and there isn't one sign of failure, but ps3 sucks. I went through 5 (NOW) 360S and
    it was because of some bull. Maaaaaaaaaaan 360 is fun as hell but why do I need a new one. I now have to use my savings for a new 360 instead of a xbox one. Mission accomplished microsoft, your are about to get your next check from a poor sucker that so happens
    to love your bs. It is awkward tho. when I argue with someone who has a nitendo or sony console; they say I still got my first console. suggestion please make a new xbox 360 and one that will rarely rarely rarely *** up. Microsoft: what the hell is wrong this
    loser, he doesn't know that this all apart of our plan. I know but love you guys. warning tho. let ps3 actually make games better than microsoft, with better online features. You then shall lose a team member.

JBIRD496 ll, Oct 31, 2018
  8. CialUK Win User

change of hdd

So will the xbox 360 slim 4gb take a hdd from a xbox 360 slim 250gb? And is the only differences the cases and the hdd capacity in the two slim xboxs
  9. KayMacho Win User

360 slim 4gb freezing!

its just the small 4gb doesnt have a hard drive I can remove. I had one slim model purchased, last christmas, it started freezing and i bought a preowned one and it started doing the same thing. Ive used the same power cable and same hdmi cable. not sure
    if that could be an issue.
  10. onyxishere Win User

360 slim 4gb freezing!

Try removing your hard drive to see if the issue continues without it. If it doesn't then the issue may lie with the storage device itself.
  11. onyxishere Win User

360 slim 4gb freezing!

Ok, try using the composite cable that came with the console instead of HDMI. If that doesn't work then you may have to send it in for repairs.
  12. ps360 Win User
Thema:

1. XBox 360 Slim 4Gb is freezing! - Similar Threads - 360 Slim 4Gb

2. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  3. nepovedena aktualizace xbox 360 slim 4gb [Edit - Translation] - xbox 360 slim 4gb update ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    nepovedena aktualizace xbox 360 slim 4gb [Edit - Translation] - xbox 360 slim 4gb update ...: Dobry den, nedari se mi aktualizovat xbox 360. zkousel jsem to i pres flash disk, ale porad to pise chybu "Can´t update your console". Na konzoli sviti zelene svetlo uprostred a ovladac blika....
  4. Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games: I recently got hold of an Xbox 360 slim, the model that comes with the kinect and the 4GB flash memory. Obviously, that's not nearly enough space, so I ran out and bought an official 320GB HDD...
  5. xbox 360 slim 4Gb no elimina archivos dañados

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim 4Gb no elimina archivos dañados: tengo xbox slim de 4gb y cuando voy a eliminar los archivos dañados los elimina y cuando reinicio están ahí. no se actualiza y por ende no conecta a xbox live . no se que hacer, no deja...
  6. 4gb 360 Slim console will not update or go on live will go on internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    4gb 360 Slim console will not update or go on live will go on internet: I have a 4gb 360 Slim console it will not update or go on live it will connect to the internet but not update or connect to live. Console had only the 4gb and no other Hard Drive when I bought it...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB update failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB update failure: Hi all, Recently I got an old version but unpacked and so still new XBOX 360 Slim with 4GB. Right after the unpacking and starting with the first instalation process I got to the problem I was...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format: Topic basically says it all. Me and my husband went and bought a white Xbox 360 Slim 4GB from one of those rental stores. (Like rent to own) and got it home. It works fine, plays games fine....
  9. Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...: I'm at a loss to figure why cloud drive not syncing to open my GTA 5 online files. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. After 3rd update to Xbox live that's when I started receiving error...
  10. Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB: Hi everyone. I own a 4GB Xbox360 Slim and I wanted to buy a Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB to use it as an external memory. Does it work good? a1803c30-226b-434d-b5b2-fcebca832053