Xbox 360 S suddenly freaking out and overheating whenever it's turned off?

Discus and support Xbox 360 S suddenly freaking out and overheating whenever it's turned off? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Exactly what it sounds like. I'm less interested in a solution than I am an answer as to why it happens or if anyone else experiences it. Occasionally... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by [KurtKurt], Dec 7, 2022.

1. [KurtKurt]
    [KurtKurt] Guest

Exactly what it sounds like. I'm less interested in a solution than I am an answer as to why it happens or if anyone else experiences it. Occasionally when I turn off my Xbox it will instantly START running the fans at maximum-ultra-turbo-insane speed and getting burning f***ing hot in 3 seconds flat. It's not when it's running updates in the background, and it's definitely off, just going crazy. I have to turn it back on and off again to prevent it from staying in absolute overdrive- It's the only scenario in which the fans ever get that loud and I'm very curious about it.

It isn't modded, it seems to happen most when there is something in the disc drive but that may just be a coincidence. Thanks!

:)

[KurtKurt], Dec 7, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello [KurtKurt], based on your description this may be happening because the console is not being cooled properly, i.e. the processor is not cooling as it should be.

I don't know how long it has your Xbox 360 and neither is the state it is, but this can happen by the accumulation of dirt inside the console, so it does not and cooled properly and also the thermal paste of the processor can be very dry and not be cooling the processor as it should.
  3. x Massive K Win User

Xbox power problem

Could it be overheating?

I had a similar problem with my 360 years back, would make a strange whirring noise then switch off. Turned out to be overheating.
  4. John P Long Win User

May 2011 update overheating?

My XB Elite began overheating this past weekend after having gone almost 3 years of it NEVER overheating. I'm not sure I received this update but I can't check because whenever I turn it on, it spins up and goes to the 2-light Ring of Death. I don't want
    to spend time on the phone w/MS or give my CC# out. My first thoughts were about an Update I got late last week (5-19ish). you are the first person to state they suddenly began having overheating issues.
  5. Irixion Win User

Xbox live disconnects my Internet

Your router may be overheating. If there's too much traffic and it's a rather cheap router, it'll overheat, or just freak out and disconnect. Too many devices on a network can cause this. Your Xbox 360 just might me the straw breaking the camel's back :p
  6. AyeeJamesy Win User

Xbox one controller turns off

If your Xbox One or Xbox One S keeps TURNING OFF, it is most likely due to OVERHEATING. Turn on the console – Scroll left from
    Home to open the guide – Select Settings – Select All Settings – Select Power – Select Turn off or restart
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S suddenly freaking out and overheating whenever it's turned off? - Similar Threads - 360 suddenly freaking

2. xbox 360 suddenly blocked from xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 suddenly blocked from xbox live: My three xbox 360 consoles (2x360 S, 1x360 E) were blocked from xbox live on 1-11-24. Come to find out that having the Ultimate Game Pass on auto renewal caused it. I knew it was something on the...
  3. Why was legacy/360 avatar content suddenly discontinued?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was legacy/360 avatar content suddenly discontinued?: I just wanted to buy a legacy/360 avatar item, however nothing worked. When checking around the internet, apparently Microsoft had suddenly discontinued the Original XBOX Avatar Store with no...
  4. My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...: My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do **** but will play my newer games but none of the 360 and I've tried everything what the heck I can't get it...
  5. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...: Hello all. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. No characters can sign in. The Xbox is connected to the internet but always fails the Xbox live connection test. Our other Xbox...
  6. I am suddenly unable to play my xbox 360 game on my Xbox Series S. I haven't had any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am suddenly unable to play my xbox 360 game on my Xbox Series S. I haven't had any...: I have been playing Oblivion without any problems on my Xbox Series S for months and months, but now it shows me a "getting your xbox 360 info" screen with a loading bar that doesn't load. The...
  7. my xbox 360 has stopped working all of a sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 has stopped working all of a sudden: hey, i would just like to know why my Xbox 360 all of a sudden stopped. this Xbox has been kept in our cabinet all the time, so could't be water damage/hard drive failure. not much has been...
  8. 360 dlc needed to play saved game all of a sudden!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 dlc needed to play saved game all of a sudden!: Ive recently started to play Fable 2 again. It was a firm favourite of mine. I finished playing yesterday and came back to it today to find when i select my saved game it asked me to download the...
  9. No sound all of a sudden on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound all of a sudden on Xbox 360: I have had this xbox 360 for years with not one problem. I turn it on today and play Minecraft. I then switch to Minecraft Story Mode and it tells me I need to update. Xbox updates and now no...
  10. USB stopped working all of a sudden on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB stopped working all of a sudden on Xbox 360: I own this flash drive that was working just fine on my Xbox 360 earlier. Somehow the Xbox got unplugged, so I plugged it back in to realize all of my information is gone. And now everything I try...