Xbox 360 S not accepting system update.

Discus and support Xbox 360 S not accepting system update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my Xbox 360 S for a little over a year, since Christmas of 2012. Recently it has not been accepting the newest system update available. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OhMyyJosh98, Jan 1, 2014.

1. OhMyyJosh98
    OhMyyJosh98 Guest

I've had my Xbox 360 S for a little over a year, since Christmas of 2012. Recently it has not been accepting the newest system update available. I've tried countless "resolutions" to the problem, restarting the wireless modem/ router and even attaching a
    cable to it, restoring it to factory settings, erasing every bit of memory, removing all external accessories. There is most likely not a single thing that I have not tried. After the update fails there is an error code that appears but xbox support yields
    no results. I've even tried entering it on multiple search platforms and still nothing, the Latter part of the code is 8007-0070. I've even received telephone support and they weren't able to figure it out either. Has anyone else had the same problem and been
    able to resolve it? Is there something painfully obvious that I'm missing? Any information is appreciated.

:)

OhMyyJosh98, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 S bricked after accepting mandatory system update

Just wondering for your two that it worked for, did your consoles tell you your HDD was corrupted? I have about 250 gb worth of patches, games, and save files, one is a lvl 89 elf on skyrim...

Caboose199008, Jan 1, 2014
  3. SgtSativa73
    SgtSativa73 Guest
    Xbox 360 S bricked after accepting mandatory system update

Update: I was not able to open the disk tray when the device was turned off. It would make the noise as I touched the button, but not open. After playing around a bit, I turned it on and tried the same... it opened. I inserted the disk I burned after a gamer
    suggested to do so. It worked! I now have a working 360. It loaded the system update just fine from disk. It blows my mind that not one of the 7 people I spoke with at microsoft over the last 3 days ever came up with this.

SgtSativa73, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Smwutches Win User

communication from xbox 360 to xbox one

The friend system is different on the 360 than on the One. The One has a follower system instead of friend system. You may want to try using the Xbox app to see if you can add them through there or if they start a 360 game on their console and press the
    Xbox button to pull up the 360's menu they may be able to accept your request there.
  5. CthonicJelybean Win User

Child account unable to accept new Terms of Use

I did a little further digging and ended up solving the issue by clearing my XBox 360's system cache. Afterwards the parent email password was successful and the ToS was accepted.
  6. StalkerActual85 Win User

Just FYI I have the same problem as well and your fix worked. I suppose my 4GB 360 picked up an update overnight that went bad and would no boot to the dashboard just remained stuck on the update failed screen, first I tried updating using the usb stick
    I was using for additional storage on my console and of course that didn't work then I burned and copy to the disk and worked like a charm.
  7. DrivenSpade2 Win User

I think I'm looking at this problem right now... ugh!

I tried live update over the net, no dice...

I put in a CD I burned with the update and I'm looking at a blank screen, I started the update at ~9:45.. its now almost 11:15 PM

This sucks!
  8. Caboose199008 Win User

Just wondering for your two that it worked for, did your consoles tell you your HDD was corrupted? I have about 250 gb worth of patches, games, and save files, one is a lvl 89 elf on skyrim...
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S not accepting system update. - Similar Threads - 360 accepting system

2. My xbox 360 wont accept my account details

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox 360 wont accept my account details: I wanted to login to my xbox 360 before the servers go offline and i tried to download profile but i cant get past enter email screen i get error code (8015D000) everytime and i changed my email...
  3. Game pass 360 games require an additional sign in to play and it won't accept my password...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass 360 games require an additional sign in to play and it won't accept my password...: The game pass won't let me play the 360 games on it on my xbox1 even though I'm already signed in it asks me to sign in again and when I try to it doesn't accept my password...
  4. xbox 360 will not accept wpa-2 password

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 will not accept wpa-2 password: my xbox 360 refuses to accept my wpa-2 password it says: you wrote an invalid wpa-2 key, because of this it doesnt even try the password if i put in 1 more letter it accepts it (and then fails...
  5. how do i get my xbox 360 to accept a email address for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox 360 to accept a email address for xbox live: how do i get my xbox360 to compleatyreseat back to factory i bout it used and thers codes i dont know how do i reset them all 302fff59-71f8-400b-a384-dfc1870dbb83
  6. How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360: How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360 87f99b5e-db57-4368-bba0-048ace31158b
  7. xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password: its been over a week, can't access xbox live via xbox 360, keeps asking to check security of profile, but won't accept my password, and my password is 100% correct when I enter it...
  8. YXbox one no longer accept xbox 360 games at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YXbox one no longer accept xbox 360 games at all.: Not sure digital version should be bought first on the xbox 360 console. 24813b20-6385-44fe-833e-5dfb95c40f4d
  9. Xbox 360 cannot accept or decline any friend requests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cannot accept or decline any friend requests: Ok this is a ongoing problem with the Xbox 360 it has been going on for about 3 months. When I try to send a friend request it will say Xbox cannot complete the process even if the user I am...
  10. why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??

in XBoX on Consoles
    why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??: i have been unable to get any help from chat line as will not allow me to input first name and surname. trying to redeem code on new xbox360 and at input asking for account password it stops ,...