Xbox 360 S hard drive isn't recognised and included content isn't available

Discus and support Xbox 360 S hard drive isn't recognised and included content isn't available in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I purchased a 250 GB Xbox 360 S Gears of War Edition (this model specifically I believe... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MosesMead, Sep 13, 2022.

1. MosesMead
    MosesMead Guest

Recently I purchased a 250 GB Xbox 360 S Gears of War Edition (this model specifically I believe https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Gears-Limited-Console-Bundle/dp/B0050SYZCQ ) used and at first glance everything seemed to work properly. But then I noticed that the hard drive wasn't being recognised by the console, but upon further investigation the hard drive wasn't malfunctioning. In fact it seems to be working fine, I was even able to open it in my computer and format it to exFAT and MBR, but the Xbox still didn't recognise it. I even left it unformatted, it still wouldn't work. And yes, I did try cleaning the headers, it didn't help either. So what am I supposed to do, and is there any way to get back the original GoW promotional content?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

MosesMead, Sep 13, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello MosesMead, without a deeper and technical analysis in this case, it is difficult to know why it is not being recognized.

Often the HD you're trying to install on Xbox isn't original, and this can cause your Xbox to not recognize the HD.

Another factor to consider may be some kind of miscommunication in the internal connection between the console and the HD.

If it is an old equipment that has already been discontinued, the ideal would be to send the console for some specialized technical assistance to investigate the situation.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Well that would.be why

Xbox HDDs aren't meant tk be opened or attached to computers

Also by formatting you forfeit

Ithe bc emulator and any chance your hdd will ever be recognized as an official hdd

You just made a very very expensive 250gig USB drive

If it's used its most likely would-be used codes already

You should've addressed the hdd issue with the seller

Now because you formatted it irreparably yourself it may not be returnable

Once the codes are redeemed if you didn't get a disk it most likely were codes which the original owner would own now and no it's not transferable

And there is no way to restore an official hdd once you formatted it

It was never designed to be accessed by the computer or any device it's an anti cheat measure used by all consoles
  4. maxen Win User

xbox original games wont play.

[quote user="Lord BaneJ"]

[quote user="Daft Badger"]

There isn't an official 60gb hard drive for the 360s,only 250gb or 320 gb so that is probably the problem.

[/quote]

Yes there is. It's available on the original fat xbox 360.

[/quote]

Not for the S, the Slim console.

For that one the only official hard drives are 250GB and 320GB.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Call of duty ghost will not install on xbox 360

Where did you purchase the hard drive? Is it an official Xbox 360 hard drive? How old is it? There are several possibilities as to why the drive isn't working including that fact that it may be dying on you.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Simpsons hit and run not working on Xbox 360

Hi,

Do you have any other original Xbox games for your Xbox 360? And, more importantly, do these work?

There are two main reasons why your game isn't working.

1. Your Xbox 360's hard drive isn't official. Only official Xbox 360 hard drives will run original BC Xbox games on an Xbox 360.
    2. There is something wrong with the disc.
    Around 90% of the time this question has been asked on these forums over the years, it's been that the hard drive isn't official. Only the official hard drive contains the correct software configuration to play original Xbox games. Due to the age of the Xbox 360 hardware, sourcing a working original hard drive now may be difficult, with the official working HDD from the original beige Xbox 360 being the most difficult to find.

You'll need a second hand drive, 'new' drives won't work.

Don't be fooled by the system settings on the Xbox 360 stating 'Microsoft' next to the hard drive. All drives say this, including the third party drives.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S hard drive isn't recognised and included content isn't available - Similar Threads - 360 hard drive

2. Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive: Heyy I have xbox 360 star wars edition, and the hard drive is not working anymore.. The hard drive is 320GB, xbox 360 s model 1451 with barcode X858528-001: [img] Can i use any hard drive...
  3. Can I play my external hard drive through my xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play my external hard drive through my xbox 360?: I have a portable hard drive through usb through my xbox 360 it has moves on it can u play it on this box? 17a9e0bb-9ac6-4479-a2d4-04a9139bceea
  4. I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...: I have the Xbox 360 wth external hard drive. The power source jus blinks and game doesn't turn ,can it be fixed ,and is there a way I can retrieve my music and data from the hard drive if console...
  5. If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...: My 360 E just shut off and won't power up so it looks like I need to buy another one because I cannot find anyone to repair mine. I know I can put my internal hard drive into the replacement but...
  6. My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for...: My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for games I now play on Xbox One. How can I get my 360 files (external) onto my Xbox One?...
  7. Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update: So I have this old Xbox360 hard drive from like 2012 or 2010 and it has none of the new updates for Windows, but I can no longer apply them for the media center, what should I do?...
  8. Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?: Can I burn a DVD to my Xbox 360 hard drive? e9e8f71c-7a41-4f4a-81fe-89dbc3ec23dc
  9. Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?: I got this new hard drive off of Amazon, 350G, 293 formatted. I just got a new game called destiny but I have to install it to the hard drive. It keeps freezing mid download and it seems like the...
  10. How do I format my XBOX 360 S Hard drive? Things are corrupted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I format my XBOX 360 S Hard drive? Things are corrupted.: Hello! A ton of my stuff on the xbox 360 are corrupted, from system file update to saves and accounts (I think) So everytime I delete it, it'll just come back. HELP! So I decided to format. I...