Xbox 360 S disk tray snagging.

Discus and support Xbox 360 S disk tray snagging. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Sometimes when I turn on my 360 S I need to press the eject button a few times before the tray come out. It sounds like it's get snagged on something.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by William Pavlowski, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Xbox 360 S disk tray snagging.

Sometimes when I turn on my 360 S I need to press the eject button a few times before the tray come out. It sounds like it's get snagged on something. Is there a way to fix this or should I just leave it alone?

:)

William Pavlowski, Dec 10, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

That sounds like a hardware issue and the console's disc drive will need to be repaired. Since Microsoft do not support the Xbox 360 anymore, your best bet is taking it to a local hardware repair store so they can check it out.

Hope this helps
  3. Dakota Werner Win User

xbox making one second grind noise randomly

My 360 does this but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I've pulled my 360 apart to fix RROD and there was nothing wrong with the disk tray. It may be the laser moving to position to the fact that the xbone has a non-front loading disk tray and it's been upgraded
    to a push slot disk tray. Saying that the grind noise may be the disk spinning device holding the disk in place
  4. GDN smp91 Win User

XBOX 360 disc drive and disc reading issues. Please help!!

Hello SnazzySki98:

I had this problem with my Original Xbox 360 as well and I noticed a good bit of dust was causing the disks to be unreadable I fixed it by getting some pressured air and blowing a little bit in there and cleaning off the disk tray.

As for the disk tray being stuck you can try cleaning the edges of the disk tray when its open as well as the edges of the xbox around where the disk tray is while its open with a dry cloth. ( I did it with a slighty damp one but I have a second Xbox 360
    so I wasn't to worried about being gentle )

Hope this helps!
  5. SPLATULATED Win User

Why cant i set up a CLOUD storage ??

use a usb flash drive.

dont own one and spent all money on 360 slim cuz old 360's disk tray stopped opening (until i got new dash board on it then it started work fine ...)
  6. Shinji Ex Win User

I've been a happy user of a XBOX360s console but something has come to my attention...

From my experience with 360 no beep sound when you open the disk tray to insert or eject disk...
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S disk tray snagging. - Similar Threads - 360 disk tray

2. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  3. If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?: I am wondering because I am planning to purchase this in the near future. [img] If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?...
  4. Xbox 360 Disk Tray Creating Odd Sounds, How can I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Disk Tray Creating Odd Sounds, How can I fix it?: Hey guys! So, this is my first post and I thought it would be best to start around here to search for help. My next stop is to call the xBox 360 team. (Or whatever you wish to call them.) The...
  5. Xbox 360 halo 4 edition disk tray mechanism not running

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 halo 4 edition disk tray mechanism not running: I was playing a game earlier this morning with no problem, but about an hour later my roommate went to use the system and the disk tray opened, but when she pushed it closed it kept saying it was...
  6. Xbox 360, no beep sound when turning on console and opening disk tray.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360, no beep sound when turning on console and opening disk tray.: Hi, I know this is probably dumb but Recently my console makes no sound when I turn on the console or open the disk tray. I know there is probrably an easy fix for this but i haven't have the...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup!: Hi all, I recently bought a second hand Xbox 360. It has a slight problem though: When I try to eject the tray (by button or by menu-option) the system says 'opening'... and then acts like the...
  8. Part of the logo on the disk tray fell off my Xbox 360 S!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Part of the logo on the disk tray fell off my Xbox 360 S!: I got my Xbox 360 S model out of storage and noticed part of the logo had fallen off: http://i.imgur.com/pOG8ciK.jpg?1 I know it's out of warranty, but could I get a replace front tray bezel...
  9. Xbox 360 S - Makes a loud buzzing noise when opening the disk tray?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S - Makes a loud buzzing noise when opening the disk tray?: I bought a second hand xbox just yesterday (matte 250gb slim model) and it seems then occasionally when i open the disk drive and the disk stops spinning, it makes a loud buzzing noise and then...
  10. Older model of Xbox 360 turned itself on and then open and closed the disk tray repeatedly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Older model of Xbox 360 turned itself on and then open and closed the disk tray repeatedly.: My Xbox 360, and older model (some version of the arcade, I think), turned itself on and then open and closed the disk tray repeatedly. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? Thanks in advance....