XBox 360 reports 2.9 GB HDD free but says no room to install game

Discus and support XBox 360 reports 2.9 GB HDD free but says no room to install game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My niece never had her Xbox 360 connected to the internet. She got Guitar Hero live today. Game needed a update. It froze/hung on wireless connection.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fantavet, Dec 25, 2015.

1. fantavet
    fantavet Guest

My niece never had her Xbox 360 connected to the internet. She got Guitar Hero live today. Game needed a update. It froze/hung on wireless connection. Shut it all down connected cat 5. She had 1.1 GB free, went to install game, Xbox reports not enough storage
    space.

1. Cleared Cache, no change

2. Formatted HD and now has 2.9 GB free, still get report that there is not enough room on the device.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that maybe there was a glitch when it froze on system update? Right now a empty HD and still get report the unit does not have enough storage space.

:)

fantavet, Dec 25, 2015
  2. Googleplex4
    Googleplex4 Guest
    USB missing storage

Hi, I'm using a 16 GB usb memory device for storage, and even though I only have 4 GB in use currently, it says I only have 2.9 GB free. What is all that extra space being used by and how do I free it back up?

Googleplex4, Dec 25, 2015
  3. SiNAR 212
    SiNAR 212 Guest
    500 GB Hard Drive

Really?!?! I thought they said it went back to the same way the 360 is. Optional. Well if thats the case then I guess Ill stick with DD. There is really no difference now between Physical and DD if they have to be installed mandatory.

SiNAR 212, Dec 25, 2015
  4. fantavet
    fantavet Guest

The other thing pointed out to me was that newer games require a larger HD so despite how much room you have the game won't install?

fantavet, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Is this an internal flash drive or an actual hard drive?

Some games require an actual hard drive & wont install on the internal flash drive.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Is this an internal flash drive or an actual hard drive?

Some games require an actual hard drive & wont install on the internal flash drive.
  7. fantavet Win User

The other thing pointed out to me was that newer games require a larger HD so despite how much room you have the game won't install?
  8. AdamDietterick Win User

The extra install HD

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="SpeckledEagle"]

Someone was saying they had no room for the HD install, when someone said it was 22 GBs (which sounds a little out of the park).

[/quote]

Yes it is a "little out of the park", there is no way two Disc from DVD9 will take up 22Gb from an HDD Install.
    Both Disc Installed max will be around 13-14Gb, that is unless Dice has a 3rd Disc not yet announced and that would be just mere speculation.

[/quote]

It actually sounds very possible. Some of my friends that have Rage say that game(with all 3 discs install) comes in around 22 Gb. And I recall that LA Noire with the multiple discs install was around the same amount. But there
    is an easy fix for those without room on the HDD.
    You can pick up a used Elite 120 Gb or 250 Gb HDD. Then look for the transfer cable you would use to move everything to a new console. You can use this setup just like the new USB option MS put together for the console. The only thing you have to do each time
    you access the second HDD. You have to select cancel each time it asks if you want to transfer your content.

Transfer Cable

Used 120 Gb HDD
  9. deathstreak143 Win User

Cant download update

The 4 gb memory unit became corrupted or unformatted and I tried formatting it again and now it only has 2.9 gbs free. But that's the only memory unit i have for.
  10. Echo Drive Win User

Installing To HDD

Personally, I do think installing the game to the HDD does improve the game performance. If you have the room (about 4 GB), then go ahead and install to see if you notice any differences.
Thema:

1. XBox 360 reports 2.9 GB HDD free but says no room to install game - Similar Threads - 360 reports HDD

2. Xbox 360 Network Error Status report

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Network Error Status report: What does my report mean on Xbox 360? I can connect to my internet fine but Xbox live won’t connect. I just bought this Xbox 360 My Error Status report: W: 0000 - 0021 X: 0000 - F001 Y: 0000 -...
  3. Xbox 360 Network Error Status report

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Network Error Status report: What does my report mean on Xbox 360? I can connect to my internet fine but Xbox live won’t connect. I just bought this Xbox 360 My Error Status report: W: 0000 - 0021 X: 0000 - F001 Y: 0000 -...
  4. What does this Xbox 360 Error Status Report mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does this Xbox 360 Error Status Report mean?: What might answer my internet problems... Not sure it will, but this comes up after the console connects to internet but not Xbox Live. W: 0000 0021 X: 0000 F001 Y: 008A 0DA0 Z: 8015 000B ID...
  5. DDoS attacks on Xbox 360 and how I can report people

in XBoX on Consoles
    DDoS attacks on Xbox 360 and how I can report people: Is there any ways to report people that use RGH/JTag consoles for DDoSing/threatening to? The xbox report never works and so people responsable NEVER have action taken against them. I understand...
  6. I want to report a guy on Xbox 360 with a gamertag name of 0305 he keeps ddosing me and ...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to report a guy on Xbox 360 with a gamertag name of 0305 he keeps ddosing me and ...: I want to report a guy on Xbox 360 with a gamertag name of 0305 he keeps ddosing me and friends. I have a friend who reported this guy back in August on the 20th. his name is x420HAVOCX he also...
  7. I need to report a hacker on COD 360 that might be a USMC and this is a disgrace to us. I have ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to report a hacker on COD 360 that might be a USMC and this is a disgrace to us. I have ...: I entered a lobby on COD Black Ops 1 on my Xbox1 but the game was the 360 version. This was a major cheat that I usually would just over look, report on my console, and call it a day but this one...
  8. I Would Like To Report An Xbox 360 Player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Would Like To Report An Xbox 360 Player: Hi their I am having trouble with this person on xbox 360 his gamertag is Mr Lowrider98 he swears a lot sais things about my siblins and I get very very mad I have filed a complaint through the...
  9. I Would Like To Report A Gamertag On Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Would Like To Report A Gamertag On Xbox 360: Hi Their I Am On The Xbox 360 And This Guy Called Mr Lowrider98 Has Been Harassing Me And Other People And Ruining Their Game Experience By Talking Trash In A Xbox Live Party He Sais Some Mean...
  10. xbox 360 suspension. Need help resolving this issue. False report.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 suspension. Need help resolving this issue. False report.: I recently received a enforcement notice for communication ban few days ago. I message another player for cheating in game. He replied with verbal bad words and harassing comments. I reported him....