Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game

Discus and support Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I'm in the middle of a game, my power button will start blinking and it will kick me to the dashboard. This issue has been going on since 2013. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheLastXboxGT, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game

When I'm in the middle of a game, my power button will start blinking and it will kick me to the dashboard. This issue has been going on since 2013. It stops for a good 3-6 months, but then starts again. I've voided my warranty trying to fix it (I've had
    to open it up about 50 times). I just would like to know how to get it stop until I get my Xbox One. Please help!

:)

TheLastXboxGT, Mar 22, 2015
  2. riptide58
    riptide58 Guest
    My console's disk tray opens in game without touching or wanting it to open

In the middle of my games my disc tray will open randomly. I've made sure nothing is touching the eject button.

riptide58, Mar 22, 2015
  3. UHATIN
    UHATIN Guest
    Ejecting disks

Well, I want to know if ejecting the game while in middle of gameplay scratches the disk?

I usually do Guide button -> Xbox dashboard -> Open tray.

My brother just hits eject while it's playing when he wants to take out a disk. Does that scratch it?

UHATIN, Mar 22, 2015
  4. Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game

Hey there, the power button starts to blink whenever the tray opens, so I don't think that relates to your issue:

support.xbox.com/.../flashing-green-light-on-power-button

Do you notice anything else, like a disc tray error or maybe check the light on the power supply? I've never come across this issues myself so just taking a few guesses there.

DigitalAssassin, Mar 22, 2015
  5. My power brick fan is basically dead. I just blow a fan on it when I play. I had another issue too with my laser not reading disks, but I fixed it by recalibrating my laser. I've been seeing if my belt on the disk drive was the problem. I usually get the
    rubber band tight again by heating it up in a hot glass of water, then quickly dropping it in cold water. This works, but it only stays fixed for a few months. Should I just buy a new xbox rubber band/belt?

TheLastXboxGT, Mar 23, 2015
  6. It's really hard for me to say, it seems like you know the history of the console pretty well. I'd say if you feel comfortable, go for it, though I'd generally advise steering clear of opening the console itself to do any repairs yourself.

DigitalAssassin, Oct 31, 2018
  7. DigitalAssassin Win User

It's really hard for me to say, it seems like you know the history of the console pretty well. I'd say if you feel comfortable, go for it, though I'd generally advise steering clear of opening the console itself to do any repairs yourself.
  8. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hey there, the power button starts to blink whenever the tray opens, so I don't think that relates to your issue:

support.xbox.com/.../flashing-green-light-on-power-button

Do you notice anything else, like a disc tray error or maybe check the light on the power supply? I've never come across this issues myself so just taking a few guesses there.
  9. TheLastXboxGT Win User

My power brick fan is basically dead. I just blow a fan on it when I play. I had another issue too with my laser not reading disks, but I fixed it by recalibrating my laser. I've been seeing if my belt on the disk drive was the problem. I usually get the
    rubber band tight again by heating it up in a hot glass of water, then quickly dropping it in cold water. This works, but it only stays fixed for a few months. Should I just buy a new xbox rubber band/belt?
  10. TheGoonTick Win User

new xbox 250gb disc tray opens and closes randomly by itself.

my xbox started ejecting the disk in the middle of games also...really wierd and annoying i'll probably buy a new one.
  11. Upstream Sea Win User

Way to open did tray in game without using the eject button?

[quote user="smrtsnipe"]

I have the classic Xbox and my eject button broke, which isn't a big deal usually because I can eject on the dashboard. However, i just bought dead space 2 and it has two disks, and to progress in-game to the next half it required you to put the disk in,
    in-game. I tried saving, then going to the dashboard and putting in disk two then playing from there but it requires disk one. so is there a way to eject the disk tray in game without using the eject button? thanks!

[/quote]

Hello smrtsnipe,

For this issue, you may have to manually eject the Xbox 360 Disc Drive. This can be done with a paperclip, but is not recommended to be done in game. If your Xbox 360 is still under warranty, you may want to contact Xbox Customer Support and get a repair.
    If you are not under warranty, you will need to
    perform these steps
    . If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game - Similar Threads - 360 Randomly Ejects

2. XBOX ONE X: XBOX 360 games freeze randomly during play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE X: XBOX 360 games freeze randomly during play: Two games, Lego Lord of the Rings and Plants vs Zombies, have randomly froze at different points during play (never the same spot twice). I can return to the Xbox One X homescreen and restart the...
  3. my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that?: my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that? 6710bef9-d97d-421a-b8c2-d7859fdeffe7
  4. Official Xbox 360 steering wheel on pc spamming random keyboard inputs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Official Xbox 360 steering wheel on pc spamming random keyboard inputs: Hi, I found an Xbox 360 controller receiver to use with my wheel. so far my wireless 360 controllers work perfectly but as soon as I sync my wheel it starts spamming keyboard inputs. the steam...
  5. XBox 360 S 250GB Console freezes screen at random times | December 2020 | (BK:2.0.1888.0) OS

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S 250GB Console freezes screen at random times | December 2020 | (BK:2.0.1888.0) OS: I have 2010 XBOX 360 S Console. It has (BK:2.0.1888.0) OS. Very lightly and rarely used for playing Kinect Games only. Maximum gameplay duration of one hour in a single session in the past. It has...
  6. Random Xbox 360 Game Updates on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random Xbox 360 Game Updates on Xbox One?: the last couple of days I’ve seen updates available for a bunch of 360 BC games I own. Witcher 2, Oblivion, Mirrors Edge, Doom 1 and 2, Alan Wake, NBA Jam OFE...maybe even more. I can’t find...
  7. problem with random disconnection of xbox live xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with random disconnection of xbox live xbox 360: can you help me? I have a problem when I am playing in multiplayer mode my console disconnects me from xbox live every 5.10, or 30 minutes. I already deleted my profile and I downloaded it again...
  8. Windows 10 - random issues with xbox 360 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 - random issues with xbox 360 controllers: So I have some old xbox 360 controllers (2 wireless, 1 wired, and a wired 6 button arcade stick) They all randomly. . .go crazy on windows 10. If I remove and re-install drivers it works for a...
  9. Xbox 360 elite random wifi disconnection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 elite random wifi disconnection: hi I've checked for a fix but its all Xbox live discon solutions The problem my Xbox 360 gears elite disconnects from live but they all do that my problem is that after the discon I check The...
  10. Xbox 360 Random Shut Off after 2 min

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Random Shut Off after 2 min: Hi I've had my device since 20/12/2011 so roughly 5 years, i very sparingly use this device, recently when I turned it on it ran for 2 mins then shuts off, then i have to unplug everything and...