Xbox 360 profile download: Why do I get a multi-profile selection screen?

Discus and support Xbox 360 profile download: Why do I get a multi-profile selection screen? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there Does anyone know why I'm getting a choice of two gamertags/profiles to download when I try to download my Xbox profile on either my old Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PackedWind54552, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Xbox 360 profile download: Why do I get a multi-profile selection screen?

Hi there

Does anyone know why I'm getting a choice of two gamertags/profiles to download when I try to download my Xbox profile on either my old Xbox 360 or in '360 compatibility mode' on my Xbox One? Here's the process so you can see what I mean:

Step 1

Xbox 360 profile download: Why do I get a multi-profile selection screen? [​IMG]

Step 2: I get a chance to choose between two gamertags/profiles—but why? The first is mine, the second is my son's.

Xbox 360 profile download: Why do I get a multi-profile selection screen? [​IMG]

Step 3: I select my profile and all looks well...

Step 4: Arrrrrrgh!

It doesn't matter which profile I select in step 2—either mine or my son's: I always get that error. Username and password are correct.

Why am I seeing two gamertags—mine and my son's? At first I thought it might have something to do with Microsoft Family so I turned all of that off, we both left the group, etc. But it made no difference. There seems to be some linking going on in the cloud that I can't remove.

As things stand, I'm unable to get my profile on my 360. Weirdly I can download my profile on my Xbox One natively, but not when running a 360 game in compatibility mode. This means I can't play any 360-compatible games on the Xbox One either.

Things that do work:

• I can remove and re-download my profile on my Xbox One. (It's only when in 360-compatible mode that I get this error.)
    • I can access my Microsoft account and Xbox gamer profile OK on my laptop, phone, etc.
    I've been down every troubleshooting rabbit hole I can find, but I can't help think the main issue is this profile selection screen. Has anyone ever seen this on their machine?

Thanks!

:)

PackedWind54552, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Live gold subscription is active on Microsoft website on browser but do not appear on my xbox it shows error Status code: 8C150009

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To clarify, you're on Xbox 360, correct? To fix this, simply remove and re-add your profile by following the steps below:

"1. Go to Settings and select System.

2. Select Storage.

3. Select Profiles.

4. Select the Xbox profile that you want to delete.

5. Select Delete.

6. Delete Profile Only – This deletes the Xbox profile but leaves saved games and achievements."

After that re-add:

"1. Press the Guide button on your controller.

2. Select Download Profile.

3. At the bottom of the Download Profile screen, select Download Profile."
  3. Chariot0 Win User

8015190A

I just re-downloaded my profile and then it worked. To do that scroll all the way to the right on the screen where you select your profile and select "download profile".
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Full version of a game keeps reverting to the demo version.

To solve this issue you should delete the profile where the demo was downloaded, clear the console cache and download the profile again. Follow the step by step instructions

a) To delete your profile:

Go to settings and select System.

Select Storage.

If you don’t connect any external storage devices to your console, select Hard Drive. If you do use external storage, instead select All Devices.

Select Profiles.

The Profiles option is highlighted on the All Devices screen.

Select the profile that you want to delete.

Select Delete.

The Delete option is highlighted on a sample profile screen.

Select one of the following:

Delete Profile Only - This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

b) To clear your console cache:

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Storage.

The Storage category is highlighted on the System Settings screen.

Highlight but don’t select a storage device, and then press Y on your controller for Device Options.

Note It doesn't matter which storage device you choose. This clears the cache for all storage devices.

'Hard Drive' is highlighted on the Storage Devices screen.

On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.

The 'Clear System Cache' option is highlighted on the Device Options screen.

When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Note When you’ve successfully cleared the system cache, you’ll return to the Storage Devices screen. You can then press the Guide button on the controller and return to Xbox Home.

c) To download your profile

Press the Guide button on your controller.

Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? This means that you’re signed in under another profile. Press the X button on your controller to sign out, confirm, and then select Download Profile.

At the bottom of the Download Profile screen, select Download Profile.

The Xbox 360 ‘Download Profile’ screen showing the ‘Download Profile’ option highlighted.

Enter the email address of the Microsoft account that’s associated with your Xbox profile. If you don’t know it, see the Lost Account Solution.

Enter your Microsoft account password. If you’ve forgotten it, you’ll need to reset your password.

Note If you have a child account, your parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download your Xbox profile on the Xbox 360.

If you use external storage on your console, select the storage device on which you want to save your Xbox profile. If you don’t use external storage, your Xbox profile will begin downloading.

After you download your Xbox profile, you’ll be asked if you want the console to remember your password.

The Xbox 360 ‘Download Profile’ screen showing the ‘Remember Password’ option highlighted.

If you want to sign in without being prompted for a password each time, select the Remember Password option.

Keep in mind that when you choose this option, anyone who uses your console can sign in as you and use your account information. This includes any credit card information you might have saved.

Leave the Remember Password option unchecked if you want the console to require a password to sign in to your account. This is a good idea if others in your home can easily access your console, or if you downloaded your Xbox profile at a friend’s house.

Hope this helps!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 achievements not working on Xbox One

Hi, re-downloading your Xbox 360 profile can sometimes fix issues like this. To do so, just start a xbox 360 game, go into the xbox 360 guide, and select x to sign out, then select downlod profile, then follow the instuctions to re-download your profile.
  6. HassanB Win User

all data on Xbox has disappeared

Hello,

Can you please go to your Xbox 360 console and do the following:

Go to your Xbox 360 Dashboard > Settings tab > Select System > Select Storage > Select your storage device > Select Gamer Profiles.

Let me know if you see a ( ! ) corrupt symbol on your son's profile. If you do, please press A on the profile, select delete profile. You'll now get a popup asking you if you'd like to delete the
    profile only, or delete profile plus items. Please make sure to select
    Delete Profile Only.

When that is done, push the middle button on your Xbox 360 controller one time and it should open up the Xbox 360 Guide Menu, select Download Profile from that menu (if you don't see it, press X to sign out of any account you're signed into). Follow the instructions
    on the screen and you should be asked to enter in your son's e-mail and password and the profile should start to download. After it's done, everything should be back to normal.

Let us know if that worked out for you.
Thema:

Xbox 360 profile download: Why do I get a multi-profile selection screen?

1. Xbox 360 profile download: Why do I get a multi-profile selection screen? - Similar Threads - 360 profile download

2. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  3. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  4. Xbox 360 Download Profile Error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Download Profile Error: Recently I've been having a lot of issues trying to download my main Xbox profile on to my 360. Basically what happens is I enter my email/password, the profile begins to download and then after...
  5. Can't download xbox profile onto my xbox 360 and getting error message (801540A9)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download xbox profile onto my xbox 360 and getting error message (801540A9): I tried making app passwords and turning off two-step verification but all I'm getting when trying to download my profile is getting an error (801540A9). I don't know what to do and I've been...
  6. Can’t download Xbox 360 Profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t download Xbox 360 Profile: Is there any update? I know now it’s the servers and not our Xbox, but is there any update or eta when connection should be established again, I’m just really trying to use my account, this is...
  7. What’s going on with Xbox 360 as I can’t download my profile again on the 360 can you fix...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What’s going on with Xbox 360 as I can’t download my profile again on the 360 can you fix...: Trying to re-download my profile on my 360 keep give me a code that something isn’t right with my email but everything work fine on that side so plz can u have a look what’s going on plz...
  8. Error code 8015000A when trying to download profile on Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code 8015000A when trying to download profile on Xbox 360: I'm trying to sign in on my Xbox 360 but I keep running into error code 8015000A. At first, I was seeing this error when trying to sign in with my existing console profile. I got prompted about...
  9. How to fix problem with credentials when downloading 360 profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix problem with credentials when downloading 360 profile: For hours i have been trying to solve this and I've had no luck. I have a Xbox one and am trying to play a backwards compatible game but cannot download my xbox 360 profile to do so. Everytime...
  10. weird error when trying to download profile on Xbox 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    weird error when trying to download profile on Xbox 360 games: I’m getting an error on my xbox 360 game when i try to download my profile. I am currently on a xbox one. The error says “can’t connect to Xbox live. select test connection to troubleshoot your...