Xbox 360 Poor Download Speed (Less than 1 Mbps)

Discus and support Xbox 360 Poor Download Speed (Less than 1 Mbps) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ever since I moved to my house 6 years ago, I have noticed my Xbox 360 has very poor download speed. Like, we're talking less than 1 Mbps. When I lived... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sabinator7, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Sabinator7
    Sabinator7 Guest

Ever since I moved to my house 6 years ago, I have noticed my Xbox 360 has very poor download speed. Like, we're talking less than 1 Mbps. When I lived in an apartment in the same town, I believe I had a much better download speed. I also own an Xbox One X and that has a great download speed. In fact, all of the devices at my home (laptop, smart TV, smart thermostat, smartphones, Nintendo Wii, iPad, etc.) have decent download speeds. All except my 360. This makes it incredibly frustrating and time-consuming to download anything. Just to download a DLC of around 300-500 MB takes HOURS! I should also note that my Xbox One X and Xbox 360 are located on the same shelf on my TV stand, a couple of feet apart. I have tried everything I can think of including the following:

-Power reset modem & router

-Factory reset modem & router

-Deleted wifi network and reset it up

-Power cycled Xbox 360

-Cleared system cache on Xbox 360 HD

-Uninstalled & reinstalled latest Xbox 360 OS update

-Connected Xbox 360 via wired connection

-Connected Xbox 360 directly to router

-Connected Xbox 360 directly to modem

-Toggled on/off WPA3 security, UPnP, and IPv6

These are my network statistics on a wireless connection (wired connection has virtually the same stats):

Xbox 360 Poor Download Speed (Less than 1 Mbps) [​IMG]

This is the Xbox Live Error Status Report:

To rule out that it wasn't my Xbox 360 itself I took it to another home with a different ISP and network and connected via wireless and the download speed was SIGNIFICANTLY better. Like 7 Mbps and this location was out in the rural countryside and I live in a middle-sized town. Here are the statistics of that connection:

These are the device speed test results from all of my devices using the Google Home app:

Doing this process of elimination, I am fairly certain the issue is not with the Xbox 360 itself but rather my network, router, or ISP. I have spoken to both and they were unable to help me. I have a Google Nest Wifi router and my ISP is Spectrum with a plan of 200 Mbps max.

Can anyone please help me fix my download speed issue? I am at a loss as to what's blocking my 360 from getting decent download speeds.

:)

Sabinator7, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Sabinator7 Win User

I contacted my ISP and gave them the exact info you gave me. They gave me a list of ports that they block:

Port 0

Port 17 (qotd)

Port 19 (chargen)

Port 135 (epmap)

Port 136 (profile)

Port 137 (netbios-ns)

Port 138 (netbios-dgm)

Port 139 (netbios-ssn)

Port 445 (Microsoft-ds)

Port 520 (router)

Port 593 (http-rpc-epmap)

Port 1433 (ms-sql-m)

Port 1900 (ssdp)

Port 64623

Port 64680

All of the ports you gave me they said are not being blocked and are not in the list.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll advise you reach out to your network provider and ask them to open these ports for you.

Usually, there is a list of ports that is used by Xbox Live, which is this:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Alright then. Hold on while I release this ticket so someone else can take over.
  5. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Network latency for LIVE on xbox one

Hi Cheerio,

76ms latency is not bad at all. That is less than one tenth of a second of latency. Also, a download speed of 47 mbps is great. The recommended download speed for Xbox Live is 3mbps.
  6. Kimboslicer Win User

Why are MS servers so slow?

Its not my ISP, the xboxs own speed test shows 220+mbps, yet when downloading i get less than 50% of that.

Ethernet cable is a new cat5e that came with the modem.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Poor Download Speed (Less than 1 Mbps) - Similar Threads - 360 Poor Download

2. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  3. 360 live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 live issue: i’m using the Xbox one I’m trying to play an Xbox 360 game Domino’s when I try to login. It’s telling me to check my Internet. I’m logged into the Internet on my Xbox one profile having this...
  4. how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?: how to connect my computer to Xbox 360? ba1fdca5-c40d-4cbe-8579-ed588406bf13
  5. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  8. Do some Xbox 360 games have a poor frame rate?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do some Xbox 360 games have a poor frame rate?: Hi, I noticed playing my Xbox 360 that some games have a low frame rate (offline, single player). Is this normal for the system? 4e8c6a74-dedd-48de-baca-f92e942fcec7
  9. Xbox 360 - Poor product

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - Poor product: I bought a xbox 360 with less than 10 months found defect, was changed, however the new device also defected before 10 months and now has no repair. Poor product. 6a2081f9-5f4c-4277-a8c1-a947e8eaa632
  10. Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360: [Sorry for a copied post, but nobody answered my last post] Hello fellow Xbox gamers. Awhile back I got a new shiny blue Xbox 360 E as a sweet Christmas gift, and I've been enjoying it ever...