Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?

Discus and support Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Wireless controls for Xbox 360 are quite expensive on official stores, and i unfortunately do't know if the Xbox 360 Slim has a slot (At the front or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tanalbi, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Tanalbi
    Tanalbi Guest

Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?

Wireless controls for Xbox 360 are quite expensive on official stores, and i unfortunately do't know if the Xbox 360 Slim has a slot (At the front or back panel) for regular Xbox 360 wired controls like the original big Xbox 360 model (Heck, i even don't
    know if these are actually a unique slot or USB). And after seeing how much Xbox 360 controllers for PC with an USB connection do exist, i have that doubt, is it possible?

:)

Tanalbi, Aug 14, 2019
  2. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

The Xbox 360 style wired controller, should work on your 360 and PC, yes. As they are technically the same hardware, they are compatible with each other. :)

I would look around a lot harder, as the older wireless controllers should be a LOT cheaper now, besides some of the limited edition versions.

Hope this helps,

L
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Rod,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking but from the title, are you asking if an Xbox One controller will work on an Xbox 360 S? If that's what you are asking, then no, that would not work. Xbox One controllers only work on an Xbox One console and Windows
    PC. Xbox 360 controllers only work on an Xbox 360 console and Windows PC.

I hope that answers your question.
  4. Tanalbi Win User

There, edited the question to your language. Sorry, forgot i was posting on English
  5. The Last Ewok Win User

is there a way to be able to keep using the old memory unit ....

The Xbox 360 Slim does not have a memory card slot, only HDD and USB. If you have access to another Original Xbox 360, you should be able to save the data from your memory cards to a USB, and then transfer said data from those USB drives, to your Xbox 360
    Slim.

Best of luck!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC

Hi,

To use an Xbox 360 controller on its own on a PC, it must a wired controller. It does not matter if the USB port is 3.0, USB 2.0 devices will work on USB 3.0 ports.
    The Xbox 360 Play and Charge can not send controller data back to the PC. It will only charge the battery, or power the controller if no battery is present. A play and charge for 360 controllers is a charger, nothing
    more.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. To use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on a PC, you'll need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only the Wireless Xbox One controllers can be made wired with the correct Micro USB sync and charge type cable.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim? - Similar Threads - 360 meant USB

2. Xbox 360 HDD not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD not detected: Why is my Xbox 360 HDD not being detected. I've tested it on PC it works 100% and even connected it to the Xbox using a external it gets detected but why not when it's directly connected...
  3. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  4. On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....: I have had a couple of Xbox 360s throughout the year so I don't have the console I purchased some of my titles with. I am still on the same account so I dont see why, but it always makes me sign...
  5. How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one: Ive been trying to play Cod Modern Warfare 2 (2009) on my Xbox one backwards compatible. I’ve been playing it for months with no issues until now, it won’t load past the Xbox 360 load screen...
  6. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  7. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  8. I think if gta 4 case for xbox 360 if there is live then I think it meant you can play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I think if gta 4 case for xbox 360 if there is live then I think it meant you can play...: Gta 4 I'm getting gta 4 cuz to play online 988121b2-2c04-479d-9954-7082b509c7ab
  9. Super Meat Boy only has 4 chapters when it’s meant to have 7, update needed? (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Super Meat Boy only has 4 chapters when it’s meant to have 7, update needed? (Xbox 360): Hi everyone, I was playing super meat boy and I noticed that only up to chapter 4 (hell) exists when there is meant to be 7 chapters in the game. Is there some update or reinstallation I can do...
  10. Downloaded Tales From The Borderlands for the 360, meant for the Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Tales From The Borderlands for the 360, meant for the Xbox One: Here's my situation.. I had told my son to buy the first episode of Tales From The Borderlands for the Xbox One. He must've misheard me and purchased it for the 360. I should've done it myself...