Xbox 360 original Hard Drive Unformatted?

Discus and support Xbox 360 original Hard Drive Unformatted? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I noticed my xbox 360 was loading much slower than usual. A couple hours later there was a power outage and my xbox 360 turned off automatically. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rick Hunter56, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 original Hard Drive Unformatted?

I noticed my xbox 360 was loading much slower than usual. A couple hours later there was a power outage and my xbox 360 turned off automatically. When I turned it back on, it said it needed an update from Xbox Live, then it crashed again and after rebooting
    it said my 250gb hard drive was corrupted, then after another reboot said it was "Unformatted".

My xbox 360 won't load any games or connect to xbox live. No profiles and saved games are showing under storage. I thought I had around 200gb unused space left on the hard drive. It's the same hard drive that came with the console when I bought it. It would
    be nice to recover some of my minecraft xbox 360 stored files if possible.

Should I send my xbox 360 in for repairs? Or do I need to buy a new console or hard drive? Or are there any tips you have that could resolve the issue? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Rick Hunter56, Aug 18, 2020
  2. HassanB Win User

Question about my new hard drive

There's no "fix" for it. The hard drive comes unformatted, if your having an issue and it's loading slower (30-40 seconds is NOT normal) then there's a problem. Return that hard drive and get it exchanged, or try to make sure you are purchasing an original
    Xbox 360 hard drive and not a knock off.
  3. Rick Hunter56 Win User

I bought a new external hard drive. Games semi-work now. I successfully downloaded a profile from Xbox Live. Still some issues with corrupted data from the old internal hard drive, but I'll replace that later.
  4. HassanB Win User

Unformatted hdd

Once a hard drive is coming up as "unformatted" that means that the Xbox 360 can no longer read the data that's on that hard drive.

You can try to remove the hard drive and place it back in the console and see if it makes any sort of difference. If it doesn't then that means that the data is already gone as there's no way to read data that's coming up are "unformatted" on a hard drive.

You'd need to format that hard drive in order for it to be readable again. If this happens again, it's likely an issue with the hard drive and it would need to be replaced.
  5. DRG StonerPooch Win User

Ohhhh this may sound stupid

yo my hard drive for 360 keep saying its unformatted all because of an update by xbox and i dont want to formatted
  6. Instinct Kreate Win User

My Hard-Drive is "Unformatted?"

Edit: Xbox hard-drive is unformatted
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 original Hard Drive Unformatted? - Similar Threads - 360 original Hard

2. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  3. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  4. star wars battlefront 2 original won't work on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    star wars battlefront 2 original won't work on my 360: i know the Xbox360 systems are getting old but this use to work on my last Xbox360. Same game disk, attempting to run on replacement console with original Hdd from my first console, attempting to...
  5. Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???: Is there any way of getting the original arcade Gauntlet re-listed on Xbox 360, One, or Series XlS? Or any other delisted XBLA games? 149aba9c-2f79-4864-9482-788d210ae3f5
  6. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  7. Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360: I recently got Spiderman 2 (2004 game) for Xbox original for my son who is a huge Spiderman fan as he wants to play all the old games. Last night it was playing just fine on our 360 and today it...
  8. [Xbox 360] Some Xbox Original Games not available in download list on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Xbox 360] Some Xbox Original Games not available in download list on Xbox 360: About a year ago I purchased multiple original Xbox games that were made backwards compatible. My understanding was when these were purchased not only were they playable on Xbox One/Series...
  9. Unreleashed Xbox original games on Xbox 360 backwards compatible list??

in XboX Insiders
    Unreleashed Xbox original games on Xbox 360 backwards compatible list??: I don't understand why is Samurai Jack The Shadow of Aku and He-Man Defender of Grayskull on the Xbox 360 backwards compatible when they in fact never even releashed on the xbox original in the...
  10. So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games....: So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games. do you have to get an original 360 hard drive 7c460fa7-0dc1-41a3-aa2a-7cd30a0e11f5