Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

Discus and support Xbox 360 Open Tray Error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried possibly everything with that tray ... I tries that disc of laser lens cleaner but didn't help and tried cleaning it myself and removed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TFP l Salah, May 22, 2015.

1. TFP l Salah
    TFP l Salah Guest

Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

I have tried possibly everything with that tray ... I tries that disc of laser lens cleaner but didn't help and tried cleaning it myself and removed all dust from the xbox and now it still dosent work...... It makes a spin and stops and shows Me open tray
    error....please tell me what to do...

:)

TFP l Salah, May 22, 2015
  2. MagicalMeepo
    MagicalMeepo Guest
    System failure due to new update

new update screwed my 360 open tray error.

MagicalMeepo, May 22, 2015
  3. H2O Kylo Ren
    H2O Kylo Ren Guest
    Tip: If your Xbox 360 gives you the disc tray error.

Tip: If your Xbox 360 gives you the disc tray open error try cleaning the disc drive by getting a soft cloth do not rub it hard. If it keeps on giving you the disc tray open error you might need to send it in to get it fixed.

H2O Kylo Ren, May 22, 2015
  4. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest

Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

Your DVD drive is failing and the unit will need to be sent in for repairs. I had this happen to one of my 360s a few years back, started with just a few discs not being read until it finally would not read any discs.

dlCHIEF58, May 22, 2015
  5. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Sometimes it's just the laser that gets a little stuck. I have seen this work before now but it's not guaranteed.

Power the xbox on and open the disc tray, take the power cable out of the back of the xbox leaving the disc tray open and then gently push the disc tray about half way in. Reconnect the power cable and press the eject button, the xbox will power on and the
    disc tray will close. Try your games again.

If that does nothing then as dlCHIEF58 says it's time to arrange that repair.

support.xbox.com/.../getting-your-product-serviced

EggsBoxJuan, Oct 31, 2018
  6. MagicalMeepo Win User

System failure due to new update

new update screwed my 360 open tray error.
  7. CrazY1985 Win User

Slim E68'd. Help! Possibly Microsoft dun goofed with its Beta.

Are you sure your disc tray is fully closed?

Sometimes an E64 error can be caused by an open / stuck disc tray

Check this tutorial for manually opening your disc tray: Click here

After you tried this, try turning on your xbox again.
  8. b1aize Win User

Xbox 360S Open Tray error

I just started experiencing the same thing. Everything was working fine until the most recent XBOX live update. Seems to be some correlation between the two.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

Sometimes it's just the laser that gets a little stuck. I have seen this work before now but it's not guaranteed.

Power the xbox on and open the disc tray, take the power cable out of the back of the xbox leaving the disc tray open and then gently push the disc tray about half way in. Reconnect the power cable and press the eject button, the xbox will power on and the
    disc tray will close. Try your games again.

If that does nothing then as dlCHIEF58 says it's time to arrange that repair.

support.xbox.com/.../getting-your-product-serviced
  10. dlCHIEF58 Win User

Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

Your DVD drive is failing and the unit will need to be sent in for repairs. I had this happen to one of my 360s a few years back, started with just a few discs not being read until it finally would not read any discs.
Thema:

Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

1. Xbox 360 Open Tray Error - Similar Threads - 360 Open Tray

2. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  3. XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error): My xbox 360's disc drive laser seems to barely be moving even with all the fixes i tried. It first moves close to the center of the disc then stays there and moves just ever so slightly. The disc...
  4. Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself: My xbox 360 slim opens and closen tray and turn off and on by itself. And is beeping like i press all buttons really fast many times. It don't matter if it on or off. It is pretty old so i don't...
  5. 360 keeps consuming disks and won't open dsk tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 keeps consuming disks and won't open dsk tray: ok, before this starts, by consume I meant major laser burn or scratches the disk. In my time of 360 all consoles I had/have have ended up with broken disk trays that don't open unless you...
  6. Open Tray in xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Tray in xbox 360 slim: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox 360 Slim console for about a year, it's annoying I put a disk in my console and an "Open Tray" message appears if anyone knows how to solve this problem, thank...
  7. 360 disc tray won't open when upright

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc tray won't open when upright: I got on old original style 360 from my brother but the disc tray doesn't want to open when I stand it up on end. When I lay it flat it opens fine but I really wanna stand it upright so it fits...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim open tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim open tray: Hello, iam having a problem with my xbox 360 i was playing a game then i wanted to change it, so when i changed it, it tells me open tray so i tried another games and the same problem happens, so...
  9. Xbox 360 "Open Tray" help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 "Open Tray" help: xbox 360. I decided to try putting a movie disc into my xbox from the xbox tray and then it didnt work but thats not the problem after that all xbox 360 game disc wont read all it says is "Open...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...: Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on screen but does nothing. I have not modified the drive or changed it in anyway it is the original disc drive. I have no...