Xbox 360 Open Disc Error and Weird Noise

Discus and support Xbox 360 Open Disc Error and Weird Noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a 360 at goodwill and I’m trying to play a disc, but every time I put it in it just says reading for about a minute and then says... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SimonCollier4, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Xbox 360 Open Disc Error and Weird Noise

I recently bought a 360 at goodwill and I’m trying to play a disc, but every time I put it in it just says reading for about a minute and then says open tray. Also, above the disc drive if I hit it with a little bit of force it makes a “boink” sound. Is there any way to fix this?

It is a 360 Slim if you’re wondering

:)

SimonCollier4, Mar 19, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The disc drive has likely failed. Microsoft is no longer repairing Xbox 360s, so you’ll have to return it or stick to digital.
  3. Alchemist Don Win User

Xbox not reading Dragons Dogma...

It's the original version... My Xbox makes 2 weird buzzing noises when it tries to read the disc then it just says open tray.
  4. Saraldtxhd57 Win User

Forza Horizon 1 game not reading in my Xbox 360

I hope I don't end up needing to do that, but who knows; my 360 has started to to weird things in the last few months, like turning on and off by itself and making the noises it makes when it's going to shut off or to open the disc drive and not doing
    anything.
  5. SpeckledEagle Win User

Is the mp hacked?

Weird. Only games I have ever had problems with the actual physical disc has been the two Black Ops game. First black ops game, I put into my xbox and it started making weird noises. Sounded like a chainsaw was going off, opened up my disc drive and the
    disc was torn to shreds. After about a twenty tries, it installed all the way through. Now I have problems with Black Ops II. It happened to me again not to long ago. Weird how it got scratched though.
  6. mrcool597 Win User

Xbox 360 console problems

This is a problem with the disc reader. Know because I've had this problem, too. If the xbox makes a weird noise, you should blow or fan the on or near the inside of the xbox in a ventilation opening, that should fix your problem.

if that is not the problem send your xbox to microsoft to get it fixed. I don't know any other way to fix this problem
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Open Disc Error and Weird Noise - Similar Threads - 360 Open Disc

2. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  3. why will my xbox 360 disc drive open when sideway's but will not open when upright

in XBoX on Windows
    why will my xbox 360 disc drive open when sideway's but will not open when upright: My xbox 360 disc drive sometimes get's stuck when upright and does not when sideways. Also when I leave a disc inside my xbox disc drive does not get stuck. Does anyone have any idea why this...
  4. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  5. Can't open the disc draw on the Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't open the disc draw on the Xbox 360: Disc inside is jammed any ideas how to open the draw f1421fa1-4e88-4cb0-8dff-84bdb0bf7d8d
  6. XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error): My xbox 360's disc drive laser seems to barely be moving even with all the fixes i tried. It first moves close to the center of the disc then stays there and moves just ever so slightly. The disc...
  7. XBOX 360 Disc drive won't open

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Disc drive won't open: please help. I have followed the steps on trying to manually open my disc drive. I have no hole to the bottom right of disc drive and of the two on the left I only have the right hole. I have...
  8. 360 disc tray won't open when upright

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc tray won't open when upright: I got on old original style 360 from my brother but the disc tray doesn't want to open when I stand it up on end. When I lay it flat it opens fine but I really wanna stand it upright so it fits...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...: Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on screen but does nothing. I have not modified the drive or changed it in anyway it is the original disc drive. I have no...
  10. Xbox 360 Disc Open Error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Disc Open Error?: My Xbox has a weird problem that you can't open the disc slot if there is no disc in it, and you will have to grab a fork/butter knife to even open the disc slot. Well, today I was opening it up...