Xbox 360 offline update (Replacing HDD)

Discus and support Xbox 360 offline update (Replacing HDD) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Does anyone know where to download the full Xbox 360 OS update file that can be copied to a USB flash drive or CD to use to reinstall the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David Albion, Jan 17, 2023.

1. David Albion
    David Albion Guest

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where to download the full Xbox 360 OS update file that can be copied to a USB flash drive or CD to use to reinstall the Xbox 360 OS when replacing the HDD? I know you can do a full offline update for the Xbox One and higher, but I am not sure where to download the image for the 360 if there is even an OS image/offline update file that can be downloaded.

Thanks.

:)

David Albion, Jan 17, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

3. Wishcatcher Win User

Problem with System Update on Xbox 360

Hi,

Sorry about that issue but it sound like your HDD is faulty...

Please remove it and try the offline method to update your Xbox (
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info
    you will get at least 4 Gb of internal memory without the HDD ). So if its working buy a new Xbox 360 hdd, if not it s probably the console itself...

Regards
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

can connect to internet but not xbox live / update problems

With that HDD removed, can you try updating the console with a USB stick? You can find instructions under option 5 listed on

this page
    . The best way to test to see if you need to replace your HDD would be to try a friend's HDD on your console. If that eliminates the issues you're describing, then I would recommend getting a new one. Of course, you can always try backing up your
    data and formatting the HDD first.
  5. D3ATH PRONE Win User

Replacing Xbox 360 HDD

6. D3ATH PRONE Win User

Replacing Xbox 360 HDD

Are you talking about modifying an existing Xbox 360 Hard Drive? If that is the case no one here will help you as it goes against the terms of use and can get your 360 banned from online use. You are not allowed to post about modifying an xbox 360 on the
    forums. If you are talkming about buying an official xbox 360 hard drive there is a transfer cable you can buy to hook the new 360 drive up to the console and it will transfer your information automaticaly.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 offline update (Replacing HDD) - Similar Threads - 360 offline update

2. My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.: Hi, been trying to troubleshoot this for 2 hours with no luck. When I sign in to my Xbox live profile, I get a notification saying “disconnected from Xbox live”, then I get an error message that...
  3. Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?: Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console? All possibilities are included, adapter etc. 9e8a67ad-f0cc-449c-9f26-9017f935bd56
  4. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  5. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  6. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  7. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  8. Is xbox live on 360 down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is xbox live on 360 down?: Its not letting me sign in or up 80e80f70-786c-4e88-a729-651e13a110a9
  9. Why can't I install 360 games on my series x offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install 360 games on my series x offline?: Im currently trying to install a backwards compatible game on my series x and it says install disc on the dashboard like normal but when I try to install it nothing happens. Note I have no wifi...
  10. Bring back offline profiles to Xbox one and Xbox series x like Xbox 360 did

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bring back offline profiles to Xbox one and Xbox series x like Xbox 360 did: I want a feature to have the ability to add offline profile to play games offline play save them I’ve been moaning about Microsoft removing this feature and the console requiring internet for...