Xbox 360 not showing hdmi output/not connecting to controller but turning on.

Discus and support Xbox 360 not showing hdmi output/not connecting to controller but turning on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, recently i unplugged my xbox 360 Slim because i was planning to move it somewhere else. However, i unplugged it but i forgot to replug it. My xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by display name566563, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 not showing hdmi output/not connecting to controller but turning on.

So, recently i unplugged my xbox 360 Slim because i was planning to move it somewhere else. However, i unplugged it but i forgot to replug it. My xbox does this thing where if you unplug the power brick, it still shows the orange light and if you press the power button on the xbox it turn on for a second then turns off and the power brick also turns off. A few moments later, I attempt to open the disc drive ( wanted to see if there was a disc in, before i moved it ) but i forgot that it was unplugged. So the disc drive opens a little bit ( i think ) and i think nothing of it. Note : There was no disc in it. I plug in the xbox, eject the drive, and put it back in. But after that i noticed that the xbox was slowing down very much on boot. Then i move it, and connect it to the new tv. Nothing. The power brick goes green and the console dot turns on, however it shows no output, and controllers dont connect. I've tried different tvs and different hdmi cables but it just isnt working. However, when i plug it into my tv that says when an input is detected, When i turn it on, it says Hdmi _ input connected. But when i switch to Hdmi _, it says Hdmi _ input disconnected. However, the AV works perfectly fine so im not completely blind. I would like to not wipe/delete anything off the console because i've had it for a few years and it has a lot of data. I've searched up this question, but there are threads similar, but not exact to my situation. If you have any ideas, please help. ( Main issue is hdmi, but if you have any fixes for the slowdowns, please also say them)

Console info :

Xbox 360 slim 4gb kinect

I have a Sandisk 8gb flashdrive where i put game updates on for extra storage.

If anymore info is needed, please ask.

:)

display name566563, Jul 16, 2022
  2. display name566563 Win User

sorry for responding so late but i just realized. my display settings were on a setting that my tv cant handle. turns out i dont actually need a new power brick. time to return it i guess.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Oh... Sorry to say but in this case the next step will troubleshoot your hardware.
    So, please try when possible use a different power brick :c

Because from the software side and video troubleshoot side, you already tried everything
  4. display name566563 Win User

Ok. I'll update you if anything happens/changes
  5. display name566563 Win User

My xbox has updated through xbox live to the latest version already, so i dont think i should reinstall the latest update because it doesnt say anything about installing the same update, only installing an older one. Please reply if you know i can reinstall the same update.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this buddy

May I know if you tried using another power brick for your console?
    Just in case that's the one causing the issue?

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 not showing hdmi output/not connecting to controller but turning on. - Similar Threads - 360 showing hdmi

2. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  3. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  4. I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?: I got an Xbox 360 from my friend earlier, and I want to connect my external HDD to that. The format of my HDD is FAT32, and it says it can make it suitable for my Xbox 360 and that I should...
  5. Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X: Recently bought a Xbox One and a few 360 discs such as MW2, Bad Company 2 and various halo install fine but games that I'd really like to play.. Bioshock 2 and Gears of War 3 don't. I insert...
  6. new XBOX GOLD LEGACY BADGE Not showing up / tenure badge not sync'ed with 360 profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    new XBOX GOLD LEGACY BADGE Not showing up / tenure badge not sync'ed with 360 profile: I'm reaching out to share an issue I've encountered with my Xbox profile badges and seek insights from fellow gamers who might have faced similar situations. Recently, I noticed a disparity in...
  7. I bought a backwards compatible game and it doesnt show up on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a backwards compatible game and it doesnt show up on 360: I bought Rare Replay since it had a bunch of 360 games bundled in, but when i try to download any of them on my xbox 360 it still tells me that i need to buy them, do i need to rebuy them to play...
  8. games owned on xbox one and 360 not showing up on the pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games owned on xbox one and 360 not showing up on the pc app: so i was feeling like playing some games i had on my old xbox consoles, so i installed the app. However, the only 2 games that showed up were cuphead and forza horizon 3. A small fraction of my...
  9. 360 Slim HDMI will no longer show up on older plasma (50Hz) TV's after connecting to new ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim HDMI will no longer show up on older plasma (50Hz) TV's after connecting to new ...: I have about 5 or 6 xbox 360 Slim's in my house. My main Slim that I use the most myself, has developed a fault where it will no longer display any video/audio through HDMI after I connected &...
  10. Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ...: no display using hdmi on xbox 360 slim 07ac2936-ce7b-4474-a83b-521af9145c2b