Xbox 360 kinect questions

Discus and support Xbox 360 kinect questions in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i recently acquired a xbox 360 kinect camera, and cables to connect it to a computer. I already know most of its limits and functions but I have a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by efk2006, Jan 31, 2021.

1. efk2006
    efk2006 Guest

So i recently acquired a xbox 360 kinect camera, and cables to connect it to a computer.

I already know most of its limits and functions but I have a question:
    How do you move the camera?

Now i'm not talking about grabbing the thing and tilting it up or down. I know it has its own motors.

I would just like some pointers to a software or person who knows how to control these motors.

Thanks!

:)

efk2006, Jan 31, 2021
  2. A Natural Smell Win User

Kinect 2 Sensor

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]
    So, here's a question: for those of us who will be getting an Xbox One & will be keeping our Xbox 360 with its Kinect, will we be able to use the new Kinect with the Xbox 360 instead of the original Kinect via the pass-through or will I have to find somewhere
    to place or mount both Kinects? I'm essentially asking if the new Kinect will be, at least in part, backwards compatible.

[/quote] That IS agood question ... they may wait till DVDicon to reveal tho.
  3. Galactic Geek Win User

Kinect 2 Sensor

So, here's a question: for those of us who will be getting an Xbox One & will be keeping our Xbox 360 with its Kinect, will we be able to use the new Kinect with the Xbox 360 instead of the original Kinect via the pass-through or will I have to find somewhere
    to place or mount both Kinects? I'm essentially asking if the new Kinect will be, at least in part, backwards compatible.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Question on Kinect

5. DarthLegacy905 Win User

BC Achievements

This might sound like a stupid question, but does any one you know own the xbox 360 and Kinect?
  6. maxen Win User

Can the xbox one kinect be used as a mic on Xbox 360 games?

Hello Icorona,

It was stated that no Xbox 360 Kinect games would be backwards compatibility due to incompatibilities with the Kinect peripherals, which leads me to believe you would be unable to use the Xbox One Kinect for Xbox 360 game chat, but unfortunately I do not
    know for sure.

If you want to try this, in Kinect's settings make sure that "use Kinect for chat" is enabled and then load up the Xbox 360 game in question. If it works, it works; but if not, as I suspect, then it's likely just something that is not supported.

Sorry for the lack of a definitive answer, but I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 kinect questions - Similar Threads - 360 kinect questions

2. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  5. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  6. How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?: I want to play xbox 360 games on my pc because some of them are discontinued and most of them are cheaper. After I sold my xbox 360 console, but a few years later I found my xbox 360 games that I...
  7. Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards: Why does my Xbox 360 Kinect keep pointing upwards 738c396a-94d2-4d98-b156-de092f3911a8
  8. Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?: I have an Xbox one with a Kinect. If I purchase an Xbox 360 kinect game, will it work with my Xbox one Kinect? bb9ede62-7604-4ebc-b67c-d8667b63279f
  9. Can’t connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360 NXE Kinect dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360 NXE Kinect dashboard: I currently purchased an Xbox 360 slim and I can’t connect to Xbox live. The dashboard is on the second to last update for the NXE Kinect dashboard. My goal is to update to the metro dashboard....
  10. I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...: I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un XBox 360 Kinect del 2011. Cual control remoto puedo comprar para utilizarlo?...