Xbox 360 HD AV Cables not compatible with new E Console

Discus and support Xbox 360 HD AV Cables not compatible with new E Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently bought a Diamond Capture Card, the GC500 to do some simple recording, but didn't have the red/blue/green plugs to hook them up to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WishedPizza7767, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 HD AV Cables not compatible with new E Console

So I recently bought a Diamond Capture Card, the GC500 to do some simple recording, but didn't have the red/blue/green plugs to hook them up to xbox360/Cap Card/TV so I bought some HD AV Cables from Amazon, only to find out that the big bulky end plug does
    not plug into my newer Xbox 360 E... which is a small 3.5mm plug. I've looked all over the internet, google, youtube, and can't seem to find anything. Can someone please help me out? I will provide pictures if need be. I don't do forums much, if anyone can
    help would please add me to Skype - BOOP-MTU or AIM - WaVeGoD86 would be MUCH appreciated!

:)

WishedPizza7767, Oct 29, 2014
  2. Dr Doctor12
    Dr Doctor12 Guest
    XBOX 360 Elite Hd/Av cables

I just upgraded to a Xbox 360 S,but it only came with Standard definition av cables.Are my Xbox Elite HD/av cables compatible?

Dr Doctor12, Oct 29, 2014
  3. Rhy5 Kyl3
    Rhy5 Kyl3 Guest
    xbox 360 E Problem, please help!!!

I recently bought an Xbox 360 E, and I find out that it has a AV slot.. my TV doesn't support AV only component and HDMI.. I was wondering if it was possible for Microsoft to create a Xbox 360 E AV HD Cable.. just like the one they did with the original
    xbox. I also have a gaming headset and I cant play that without the component AV HD cable..... Please Help

Rhy5 Kyl3, Oct 29, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 HD AV Cables not compatible with new E Console

Hey mate, unfortunately when the slim E console came out they changed a lot of the inputs to reduce the overall size of the console, so the old HD AV cable doesn't fit and there was no new one to replace it as most people had moved to the HDMI's and I believe
    they didn't see a point in having a HD AV cable, so the E console only comes with the standard AV.

There is no way you can use HDMI with the capture card?

DigitalAssassin, Oct 29, 2014
  5. If there is, I have no clue how to set it up. I can't even get DMCap running to even try. After too much research on the subject, I have a feeling I've wasted my money on this capture card..

WishedPizza7767, Oct 29, 2014
  6. I had a quick look at a diamond capture card and there is indeed a HDMI input on it.

Type in 'How to set up a Diamond Capture Card GC500 on the Xbox 360' into Google and there is heaps of videos and information that should be able to help you.

Here's the first one I found:

DigitalAssassin, Oct 30, 2014
  7. I've watched that video, the main issue here is that when I go to install the drivers it says that the computer cannot detect the device. I figured it was because of the HD AV cables but did some research and the wires shouldn't be an issue. I should be
    able to record with my standard AV cables the xbox came with just not in HD. I have no CLUE as to why my computer won't detect the device when it's plugged in, I've tried all the USB ports. Seems like a totally different issue here now, but I know nothing
    about these electronics, unfortunately. I think if I had someone guiding me through this in a Skype call, I could have this running in 15 mins lol.. this forum tag is a nuisance to me and takes so much more time Xbox 360 HD AV Cables not compatible with new E Console :( Or I could get in a party on Xbox.. the YouTube
    videos never really get around to my issue at hand, I couldn't find any videos where the device couldn't be found.. seems like I'm doing something wrong on my part, as to why I'd like to solve this issue in a 15-30min voice guidance real quick lol

If you're able to do that it'd be greatly appreciated..

WishedPizza7767, Oct 31, 2018
  8. WishedPizza7767 Win User

If there is, I have no clue how to set it up. I can't even get DMCap running to even try. After too much research on the subject, I have a feeling I've wasted my money on this capture card..
  9. WishedPizza7767 Win User

I've watched that video, the main issue here is that when I go to install the drivers it says that the computer cannot detect the device. I figured it was because of the HD AV cables but did some research and the wires shouldn't be an issue. I should be
    able to record with my standard AV cables the xbox came with just not in HD. I have no CLUE as to why my computer won't detect the device when it's plugged in, I've tried all the USB ports. Seems like a totally different issue here now, but I know nothing
    about these electronics, unfortunately. I think if I had someone guiding me through this in a Skype call, I could have this running in 15 mins lol.. this forum tag is a nuisance to me and takes so much more time :( Or I could get in a party on Xbox.. the YouTube
    videos never really get around to my issue at hand, I couldn't find any videos where the device couldn't be found.. seems like I'm doing something wrong on my part, as to why I'd like to solve this issue in a 15-30min voice guidance real quick lol

If you're able to do that it'd be greatly appreciated..
  10. DigitalAssassin Win User

I had a quick look at a diamond capture card and there is indeed a HDMI input on it.

Type in 'How to set up a Diamond Capture Card GC500 on the Xbox 360' into Google and there is heaps of videos and information that should be able to help you.

Here's the first one I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdlLmUoEvSc
  11. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hey mate, unfortunately when the slim E console came out they changed a lot of the inputs to reduce the overall size of the console, so the old HD AV cable doesn't fit and there was no new one to replace it as most people had moved to the HDMI's and I believe
    they didn't see a point in having a HD AV cable, so the E console only comes with the standard AV.

There is no way you can use HDMI with the capture card?
  12. IceStorm III Win User

HDMI TO SCART/COMPONENT

All AV cables are compatible with all 360 consoles. The older SCART/Component 360 AV cables will work fine with a 360 S.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 HD AV Cables not compatible with new E Console - Similar Threads - 360 Cables compatible

2. Xbox 360 HDD not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD not detected: Why is my Xbox 360 HDD not being detected. I've tested it on PC it works 100% and even connected it to the Xbox using a external it gets detected but why not when it's directly connected...
  3. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  4. On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....: I have had a couple of Xbox 360s throughout the year so I don't have the console I purchased some of my titles with. I am still on the same account so I dont see why, but it always makes me sign...
  5. How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one: Ive been trying to play Cod Modern Warfare 2 (2009) on my Xbox one backwards compatible. I’ve been playing it for months with no issues until now, it won’t load past the Xbox 360 load screen...
  6. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  7. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  8. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  9. Using an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to upload saves to Xbox One or PC through Cloud

in XBoX on Windows
    Using an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to upload saves to Xbox One or PC through Cloud: Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to use a SATA cable or Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable that allows you to connect via USB and upload your saves onto the Xbox One or PC through...
  10. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9