Xbox 360 Hard Drive Troubles?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Hard Drive Troubles? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] So I've had my xbox 360 for about a year now. I bought it from a resale store. It works fine but whenever I try to connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NekoKami, Jun 5, 2021.

1. NekoKami
    NekoKami New Member

Xbox 360 Hard Drive Troubles? 20210605_120145_50.jpg Xbox 360 Hard Drive Troubles? 20210605_120041_50.jpg Xbox 360 Hard Drive Troubles? 20210605_120102_50.jpg So I've had my xbox 360 for about a year now. I bought it from a resale store. It works fine but whenever I try to connect to Live it would always get an error code. Until now, I didn't really care since I could play games offline just fine. However, now I'm wanting to fix it.

So I looked into the error code and it was due to a lack of memory in which I would have to install an update. So, looking up a video I know how to access my internal hard drive but what I found inside was a little weird? I'm not sure if it's lacking a case, if it's the wrong kind of hard drive entirely or what, but it didn't fit in the slot just right. I already bought the wrong kind of hard drive to replace it (an external hard drive) so I'm hoping to find out exactly what I need to get it to fit, whether I can I order a case, which is far cheaper than a hard drive itself, or I need to start from scratch? And what kind of case/hard drive would I need? I'll include pictures of both the hard drive I found and the hard drive I ordered in case either helps my query. Thank you so much in advance!

NekoKami, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Junemas Win User

Hard drive not found, but its there!

3. Wootdog X Win User

I can't play X-Box games on my X-Box 360

[Eezak sez: ...my question is do you have a hard drive for your XBOX 360?]

Thanks for the response!

Yes...and it is a Microsoft Hard drive...not a 3rd party device.

I had trouble with a 3rd party hard drive early on, so I avoid them now
  4. Auswulf Win User

xbox 360 original 20GB HDD UPGRADe

Buy a genuine Xbox 360 hard drive. The Chinese ones kinda work but will give you more trouble than worth.
  5. Cryptic Soldier Win User

320gb hard drive not showing

Hi Dreamy. Sorry to hear about your troubles, lets see if I can be of some assistance.
    support.xbox.com/.../hard-drive
    That's the official Xbox Support page on the Hard Drive not being detected.
    If your Xbox 360 console doesn't detect an attached hard drive, try the following:
    Turn your console off and then on again. Make sure that your hard drive is installed correctly by removing and adding your hard drive back again.
    If you have another hard drive, try it with your console. Replace your hard drive. You can order a replacement Xbox 360 Hard Drive from the Xbox Online Service Center.
    Note Console registration is required to replace a hard drive under warranty.
    If these steps don’t resolve the problem, repair your console (sign in with your Microsoft account, if prompted).
    Was the Hard Drive new? Do you have your receipt? There is a very small chance that the Hard Drive might be corrupt if the above trouble shooting doesn't work, in which case, I'd take the HDD back and exchange it for a brand new one.
    Hope this helps. Regards, Cryptic
  6. Junemas Win User

Error code 8007045D

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Hard Drive Troubles? - Similar Threads - 360 Hard Drive

2. Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive: Heyy I have xbox 360 star wars edition, and the hard drive is not working anymore.. The hard drive is 320GB, xbox 360 s model 1451 with barcode X858528-001: [img] Can i use any hard drive...
  3. Can I play my external hard drive through my xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play my external hard drive through my xbox 360?: I have a portable hard drive through usb through my xbox 360 it has moves on it can u play it on this box? 17a9e0bb-9ac6-4479-a2d4-04a9139bceea
  4. I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...: I have the Xbox 360 wth external hard drive. The power source jus blinks and game doesn't turn ,can it be fixed ,and is there a way I can retrieve my music and data from the hard drive if console...
  5. If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...: My 360 E just shut off and won't power up so it looks like I need to buy another one because I cannot find anyone to repair mine. I know I can put my internal hard drive into the replacement but...
  6. My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for...: My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for games I now play on Xbox One. How can I get my 360 files (external) onto my Xbox One?...
  7. Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update: So I have this old Xbox360 hard drive from like 2012 or 2010 and it has none of the new updates for Windows, but I can no longer apply them for the media center, what should I do?...
  8. Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?: Can I burn a DVD to my Xbox 360 hard drive? e9e8f71c-7a41-4f4a-81fe-89dbc3ec23dc
  9. Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?: I got this new hard drive off of Amazon, 350G, 293 formatted. I just got a new game called destiny but I have to install it to the hard drive. It keeps freezing mid download and it seems like the...
  10. How do I format my XBOX 360 S Hard drive? Things are corrupted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I format my XBOX 360 S Hard drive? Things are corrupted.: Hello! A ton of my stuff on the xbox 360 are corrupted, from system file update to saves and accounts (I think) So everytime I delete it, it'll just come back. HELP! So I decided to format. I...