Xbox 360 Hard Drive suddenly vanished

Discus and support Xbox 360 Hard Drive suddenly vanished in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I ordered a 320 GB Hard Drive to get extra memory for my 4GB Xbox 360 S and it worked great with no problem. After a system update I checked the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iMiiil, Jan 5, 2014.

1. iMiiil
    iMiiil Guest

I ordered a 320 GB Hard Drive to get extra memory for my 4GB Xbox 360 S and it worked great with no problem. After a system update I checked the Sleeping Dogs download and it told me I had no memory to download it. I thought that was very strange so I went
    to check what memory units I had. I only had the flash drive in the Xbox and cloud storage. I tried turning off the Xbox and putting the hard back in and out and that didn't work after several tries. I received no system errors or anything similar to that.
    I currently unable to play any of my favorite games and have probably lost all progress in them.(GTA V, Payday 2, Splinter Cell Blacklist).

:)

iMiiil, Jan 5, 2014
  2. GTA 5 Missing contacts 360

Hi.

Anyone know why my contacts have suddenly vanished for merryweather & Pegasus? This on Xbox live on the 360 gold so the online version.

christianpargay, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Rewards Points Missing

My Xbox Rewards points suddenly vanished and were NOT converted to my local currency. What happened? Thanks

Overrated Hero, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 Hard Drive suddenly vanished

Hey RTN,

Alot of us are currently having a simar issue where our hard drives are becoming unformatted or erased. Last I heard, Microsoft knows about it and is investigating the issue. Hopefully we'll know more in the next 24 to 48 hours.

johannasceasara, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

As stared, allot of people are having this issue, however I would like to try something that worked with a friend last night with a similar problem.

I want you to try and Clear the system Coach. You can do this by going into your storage and selecting or hovering above the storage devices, then press Y. This will bring up some options, from them options you should see Clear Systen Coach. This will de
    bug the storages.

I know that this could be a long shot, but this worked with the problem people had with security proofs. After you have cleard system coach. If it prompts you with the update. Try againand see what your results are.

I hope this works, please post back your results

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  6. iMiiil
    iMiiil Guest
    Thanks for the replies I'm willing to try what "SunkNath" suggested and I will see what happens.

iMiiil, Jan 14, 2014
  7. Might I ask where you ordered this drive from? Most online marketplaces are inundated with counterfeit HDDs. If you paid less than $130 USD for the drive it is most likely a fake. The cheaper the drive the more likely it being fake is.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 14, 2014
  8. iMiiil
    iMiiil Guest

I ordered it off of Amazon for 60$. What your saying is is fake and I need to purchase another one?

iMiiil, Jan 18, 2014
  9. Since it cost less than half the MSRP yeah I'd say it's more than likely a fake. The fake HDDs tend to react the way you're describing after every system update.

VisageOfAnAngel, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

As stared, allot of people are having this issue, however I would like to try something that worked with a friend last night with a similar problem.

I want you to try and Clear the system Coach. You can do this by going into your storage and selecting or hovering above the storage devices, then press Y. This will bring up some options, from them options you should see Clear Systen Coach. This will de
    bug the storages.

I know that this could be a long shot, but this worked with the problem people had with security proofs. After you have cleard system coach. If it prompts you with the update. Try againand see what your results are.

I hope this works, please post back your results

Regards,
  11. johannasceasara Win User

Hey RTN,

Alot of us are currently having a simar issue where our hard drives are becoming unformatted or erased. Last I heard, Microsoft knows about it and is investigating the issue. Hopefully we'll know more in the next 24 to 48 hours.
  12. iMiiil Win User

Thanks for the replies I'm willing to try what "SunkNath" suggested and I will see what happens.
  13. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Since it cost less than half the MSRP yeah I'd say it's more than likely a fake. The fake HDDs tend to react the way you're describing after every system update.
  14. iMiiil Win User

I ordered it off of Amazon for 60$. What your saying is is fake and I need to purchase another one?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Hard Drive suddenly vanished - Similar Threads - 360 Hard Drive

2. I Just bought/downloaded Star Wars Battlefront for xbox onto my 360(have a hard drive) I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Just bought/downloaded Star Wars Battlefront for xbox onto my 360(have a hard drive) I...: It dosnt give an error code, just says there is a problem with the game and to try to download it again I Just bought/downloaded Star Wars Battlefront for xbox onto my 360(have a hard drive) I...
  3. How to add a hard drive device to an Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to add a hard drive device to an Xbox 360: I need to apply for a hard drive device to finish downloading a game 55806b2d-ece1-4e51-ad4a-dddd417d138b
  4. Xbox 360 S hard drive isn't recognised and included content isn't available

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S hard drive isn't recognised and included content isn't available: Recently I purchased a 250 GB Xbox 360 S Gears of War Edition (this model specifically I believe https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Gears-Limited-Console-Bundle/dp/B0050SYZCQ ) used and at first...
  5. Xbox 360 community hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 community hard drive: My son just bought an Xbox 360 today so he could finally play his Spy vs Spy game. Brought it home and plugged everything in, and now we get a message that says he needs a community hard drive in...
  6. Can I use my INTERNAL Xbox 360 hard drive on a Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use my INTERNAL Xbox 360 hard drive on a Xbox one: My Xbox 360 is really old and I’m potentially getting a new Xbox one, but I don’t have gold and I don’t my stuff over the cloud and so I can’t transfer my saves the normal way. Is there a way to...
  7. Hard drive for Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive for Xbox 360 s: Need to understand what hard drive to get for Xbox 360s. Yes it is an older console. I work at a non profit hospital that is minimizing our budget so getting a new console is not in cards and...
  8. My Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive: Hi, my Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive. It started with my hard drive that I have had for 8 years. It is a slim internal 120 gb hard drive. I got the red ring that shows up when...
  9. Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?: I have an old Xbox 360 and like an idiot I deleted numerous save files I spent a lot of time on. Is there anyway to recover them within the Terms of Service? I don’t want to get banned for using...
  10. XBOX 360 Storage/Hard Drive Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Storage/Hard Drive Error: My kids and I have been playing Minecraft on an XBOX 360 for a while now. Recently, we went to go play the game and everything on the hard drive had been erased, including 3-4 profiles, game data,...