Xbox 360 Hard Drive suddenly vanished

Discus and support Xbox 360 Hard Drive suddenly vanished in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I ordered a 320 GB Hard Drive to get extra memory for my 4GB Xbox 360 S and it worked great with no problem. After a system update I checked the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iMiiil, Jan 5, 2014.

1. iMiiil
    iMiiil Guest

I ordered a 320 GB Hard Drive to get extra memory for my 4GB Xbox 360 S and it worked great with no problem. After a system update I checked the Sleeping Dogs download and it told me I had no memory to download it. I thought that was very strange so I went
    to check what memory units I had. I only had the flash drive in the Xbox and cloud storage. I tried turning off the Xbox and putting the hard back in and out and that didn't work after several tries. I received no system errors or anything similar to that.
    I currently unable to play any of my favorite games and have probably lost all progress in them.(GTA V, Payday 2, Splinter Cell Blacklist).

:)

iMiiil, Jan 5, 2014
  2. GTA 5 Missing contacts 360

Hi.

Anyone know why my contacts have suddenly vanished for merryweather & Pegasus? This on Xbox live on the 360 gold so the online version.

christianpargay, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Rewards Points Missing

My Xbox Rewards points suddenly vanished and were NOT converted to my local currency. What happened? Thanks

Overrated Hero, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 Hard Drive suddenly vanished

Hey RTN,

Alot of us are currently having a simar issue where our hard drives are becoming unformatted or erased. Last I heard, Microsoft knows about it and is investigating the issue. Hopefully we'll know more in the next 24 to 48 hours.

johannasceasara, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

As stared, allot of people are having this issue, however I would like to try something that worked with a friend last night with a similar problem.

I want you to try and Clear the system Coach. You can do this by going into your storage and selecting or hovering above the storage devices, then press Y. This will bring up some options, from them options you should see Clear Systen Coach. This will de
    bug the storages.

I know that this could be a long shot, but this worked with the problem people had with security proofs. After you have cleard system coach. If it prompts you with the update. Try againand see what your results are.

I hope this works, please post back your results

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  6. iMiiil
    iMiiil Guest
    Thanks for the replies I'm willing to try what "SunkNath" suggested and I will see what happens.

iMiiil, Jan 14, 2014
  7. Might I ask where you ordered this drive from? Most online marketplaces are inundated with counterfeit HDDs. If you paid less than $130 USD for the drive it is most likely a fake. The cheaper the drive the more likely it being fake is.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 14, 2014
  8. iMiiil
    iMiiil Guest

I ordered it off of Amazon for 60$. What your saying is is fake and I need to purchase another one?

iMiiil, Jan 18, 2014
  9. Since it cost less than half the MSRP yeah I'd say it's more than likely a fake. The fake HDDs tend to react the way you're describing after every system update.

VisageOfAnAngel, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

As stared, allot of people are having this issue, however I would like to try something that worked with a friend last night with a similar problem.

I want you to try and Clear the system Coach. You can do this by going into your storage and selecting or hovering above the storage devices, then press Y. This will bring up some options, from them options you should see Clear Systen Coach. This will de
    bug the storages.

I know that this could be a long shot, but this worked with the problem people had with security proofs. After you have cleard system coach. If it prompts you with the update. Try againand see what your results are.

I hope this works, please post back your results

Regards,
  11. johannasceasara Win User

Hey RTN,

Alot of us are currently having a simar issue where our hard drives are becoming unformatted or erased. Last I heard, Microsoft knows about it and is investigating the issue. Hopefully we'll know more in the next 24 to 48 hours.
  12. iMiiil Win User

Thanks for the replies I'm willing to try what "SunkNath" suggested and I will see what happens.
  13. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Since it cost less than half the MSRP yeah I'd say it's more than likely a fake. The fake HDDs tend to react the way you're describing after every system update.
  14. iMiiil Win User

I ordered it off of Amazon for 60$. What your saying is is fake and I need to purchase another one?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Hard Drive suddenly vanished - Similar Threads - 360 Hard Drive

2. Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive: Heyy I have xbox 360 star wars edition, and the hard drive is not working anymore.. The hard drive is 320GB, xbox 360 s model 1451 with barcode X858528-001: [img] Can i use any hard drive...
  3. Can I play my external hard drive through my xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play my external hard drive through my xbox 360?: I have a portable hard drive through usb through my xbox 360 it has moves on it can u play it on this box? 17a9e0bb-9ac6-4479-a2d4-04a9139bceea
  4. I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...: I have the Xbox 360 wth external hard drive. The power source jus blinks and game doesn't turn ,can it be fixed ,and is there a way I can retrieve my music and data from the hard drive if console...
  5. If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...: My 360 E just shut off and won't power up so it looks like I need to buy another one because I cannot find anyone to repair mine. I know I can put my internal hard drive into the replacement but...
  6. My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for...: My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for games I now play on Xbox One. How can I get my 360 files (external) onto my Xbox One?...
  7. Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update: So I have this old Xbox360 hard drive from like 2012 or 2010 and it has none of the new updates for Windows, but I can no longer apply them for the media center, what should I do?...
  8. Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?: Can I burn a DVD to my Xbox 360 hard drive? e9e8f71c-7a41-4f4a-81fe-89dbc3ec23dc
  9. Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?: I got this new hard drive off of Amazon, 350G, 293 formatted. I just got a new game called destiny but I have to install it to the hard drive. It keeps freezing mid download and it seems like the...
  10. How do I format my XBOX 360 S Hard drive? Things are corrupted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I format my XBOX 360 S Hard drive? Things are corrupted.: Hello! A ton of my stuff on the xbox 360 are corrupted, from system file update to saves and accounts (I think) So everytime I delete it, it'll just come back. HELP! So I decided to format. I...