Xbox 360 gamer tag changes not showing on Xbox one/windows 10

Discus and support Xbox 360 gamer tag changes not showing on Xbox one/windows 10 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, I changed my gamer tag to one I decided I didn't like on my Xbox one, but my old gamer tag I wanted to get back was 15 characters long which... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by UglierAardvark, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 gamer tag changes not showing on Xbox one/windows 10

So, I changed my gamer tag to one I decided I didn't like on my Xbox one, but my old gamer tag I wanted to get back was 15 characters long which exceeds the limit.

I used my old xbox 360 to change it back and paid the fee, but when I look on my Xbox game bar it still shows the one I changed it to. I'm not sure if they changed the way it works or something, but I was wondering if there's a way to get my old gamer tag back

:)

UglierAardvark, Dec 6, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

There is no way to get your old tag back. All new tags have numbers
  3. WarVet6046 Win User

Unable to connect to Xbox live from Windows 8.1

Hello, I am able to sign in to Xbox live through Windows 8.1 on pc but unfortunately the Xbox live server thinks that I have a Xbox 360 or signing in with one. I don't have an Xbox what so ever. I am trying to edit my avatar or change my gamer tag and
    Xbox live just keeps putting up a link saying how to change my gamer tag through Xbox 360. Is there any way to tell the server I am playing Xbox games with Windows 8.1?
  4. Kalikospook Win User

Why has my gamer tag not changed on xbox1

Yeah hi, yes it was my one and only free gamer tag change, it has worked for my Microsoft xbox.com account and on my Xbox 360 so can't understand what a free gamer tag change is good for if it hasn't truely changed?
  5. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Change the Username witch is allready in use help

Hello there oOI BUMBUM IOo When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership,
    you will not be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you
    enter is already taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those
    Additional services like gfwl.
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Gamertag change issue

You might want to check the sign in email address that you used when you were online and changed your gamer tag.

Go back online and sign in and see if the gamer tag is showing up when you're online on the Xbox website.

If it's showing up there correctly, then you'll want to go back to the Xbox Console and Add that account to your Xbox using that sign in email address.

If your gamer tag is not showing up online and you were charged for the gamer tag change and it didn't take you can contact Xbox Support for a refund "maybe".

The other possibility is that you're signed in on the Xbox console with one account and you signed in online with a different account. If that's the case then you may have changed the GT on the wrong account.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 gamer tag changes not showing on Xbox one/windows 10 - Similar Threads - 360 gamer tag

2. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  3. My xbox one gamer tag isn’t the same as my xbox 360 gamer tag. is there any way i can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox one gamer tag isn’t the same as my xbox 360 gamer tag. is there any way i can...: i recently changed my gamertag on the 360 and it didn’t change on the xbox one. how can i fix this or is there a way to fix it be8619c2-63f0-4010-bf06-22a87e06630c
  4. Can I use Microsoft account balance to change gamer tag on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use Microsoft account balance to change gamer tag on Xbox 360?: I was told buy “Yumi T” I think on Xbox partners chat that I could, then I double checked after I already bought and redeemed the gift card (im stupid for that), and someone else said I couldn’t…...
  5. Changed gamer tag and now can’t access Xbox 360 saves

in XboX Insiders
    Changed gamer tag and now can’t access Xbox 360 saves: I had a Xbox 360 gamer tag since 2007 and in 2017 I switched my gamer tag on an Xbox one. Today I went back on my Xbox 360 to transfer everything from the hard drive to the cloud, it processed....
  6. I want my old gamer tag back Xbox support said to dig out my 360 to change it back I did...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want my old gamer tag back Xbox support said to dig out my 360 to change it back I did...: Xbox support told me to spend money and it would work. why did I listen? It doesn’t work and l am missing money. a37ac5fb-6910-40fe-97eb-96938976d571
  7. Got an Xbox one s but it’s not letting me use my gamer tag from my old Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got an Xbox one s but it’s not letting me use my gamer tag from my old Xbox 360: I used to play Xbox 360 a lot. I had a gamertag. I stopped playing over the years, but I just got an Xbox one S and for some reason when I log in to my account it won’t let me use that old...
  8. So I changed my gamer tag and now I can no longer play 360 games I've purchased. Is there...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I changed my gamer tag and now I can no longer play 360 games I've purchased. Is there...: Changed my gamer tag but when start up a360 game(digital) I'm forever trapped at the sign in screen!! cc9bee1d-5dd4-47c0-a774-e97efb7e18ca
  9. I have forgotten my Microsoft Email, but remember my Xbox 360 Gamer tag. What can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have forgotten my Microsoft Email, but remember my Xbox 360 Gamer tag. What can I do?: So, I have accidentally deleted my Xbox 360 Account. My Xbox Live is still there because it is added to one of my accounts. I remember the password and Gamertag but not the email. This account is...
  10. Forgotten an email linked to a very old Xbox 360 Gamer Tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgotten an email linked to a very old Xbox 360 Gamer Tag: Hiya, As the title suggests, I made this account back in 2005-2006. I cant for the life of me remember the old email address that the account was linked too, and I no longer own the Xbox system...